Search results

1. Martin Mayers

How to become better at using AFVs in ASL?

It happens but it's too rare to worry about and far more rare than that miss by 1 :D It's an art. Which I don't have. But I go CE almost all the time these days, and Intensive Fire a lot. Statistically I understand if you do both literally ALL the time that you'll gain more over a sustained...
  2. Martin Mayers

Another thing. When it had out-manoevred you, could you not have started up and laid some smoke during the attempt? If you're at risk of losing it, get it out of danger ? Free covered arc change (no gun duels can avoid it).
  3. Martin Mayers

Don't button up? Unless there is a SAN of 5/6/7 or it's in the vicinity or some really tough enemy leadership, why hamstring your strongest weapon? Significant difference between 6 and 7. People button up far too much (IMHO). Worst case (ish) scenario if it gets hit by infantry is it gets +1...
  4. Martin Mayers

"The tracks can be taken off" W....w.....wait......WHATTTTT ?????? (Runs to find Chap H.....)
  5. Martin Mayers

Using 666s

It's rare to have such a privilege as "in an equal cover state" would be the only issue I have with your statement. Hence why usually you'll have 20 666s with four Sherman Smokers against those 8 467s in the stone buildings :D
  6. Martin Mayers

ASLOK Thoughts in the Age of Covid

OK. So, an honest question. Taking on board that (our UK) Government have stated that B&Bs may open in July (ie. Government are saying that on balance it's safe to proceed). When are you suggesting it would be "safe" to hold an ASL style event? When there's a vaccine?? I'm inclined to ask that...
  7. Martin Mayers

ASLOK Thoughts in the Age of Covid

That's not fair. If the organisers are allowed to run the thing then responsibility is on those individuals who attend. That's assuming the organisers aren't completely negligent and adhere to any rules/laws incumbent. If a 747 went down over the Atlantic with the Euro contingent on it, is that...
  8. Martin Mayers

Bounding Fire 2020 - Blackpool, UK. November 2020

Hi everyone. I hope you all remain well in these strange time. Good news. Having spoken to Charles at the hotel last week he has confirmed that they aim to open in July, and expects to be able to host our tournament in November as things currently stand. We'll send further details over the...
  9. Martin Mayers

Double One 2020

A shame but inevitable. Good effort. Hope to be back down next year god willing
  10. Martin Mayers

Illuminating Rounds: Episode 15 is out

Barker looks like he's been hit by one in that last episode
  11. Martin Mayers

Uh oh.....Crap......you'll be getting a snowflakey message to for that !!
  12. Martin Mayers

Ramsey....you're such a s--t stirrer :D:D:D Edited to remove profanity.
  13. Martin Mayers

World Cup? - Why hockey is better

No. But the extent to which anyone gives a shit about what you think about stuff probably did.
  14. Martin Mayers

World Cup? - Why hockey is better

Christ. You just catching up on old threads?
  15. Martin Mayers

Forum Changes to Reaction Choices

But not as much as you just did :D:thumbsup:
  16. Martin Mayers

Would you play someone who constantly...

Sorry I'm with Mark. That was a cuntish thing to do.....but in a funny way in truth :)
  17. Martin Mayers

DM website update report #3: The CH Conundrum

It is actually completely staggering isn't it. It's like buying half a dozen pairs of Reeboks which fell apart at the seams a week into owning them and continuing to buy them because you like the colours and they're bound to produce a decent pair one day.
  18. Martin Mayers

DM website update report #3: The CH Conundrum

I will never ever understand why any interaction with CH, whether reviews, summaries, purchases, etc. continued after they started stealing other people's intellectual property and releasing it as their. They should have been 'run out of town' for that. And anyone who buys their newer stuff is...
  19. Martin Mayers

Would you play someone who constantly...

If there are multiple players on your refuse to play list did you ever stop to think there's a common denominator involved ?? :D
  20. Martin Mayers

Flamethrower and Heavy Winds

I'd say there are 3 directions with the wind and 3 against the wind logically speaking. Even more logically if 2 of those 3 directions with the wind are only slight by comparison, they're still more 'with the wind' than if there was no wind.