Search results

1. dlazov

Best ASL box art

I like em all but West of Alamein was my favorite, but I was smitten in the 70s by Tobruck and ‘88’...
  2. dlazov

Mission #8 - A Coy/RCR Campaign, Sicily to Ortona, Italy, 1943

There is a little bias there....lol
  3. dlazov

Mission #8 - A Coy/RCR Campaign, Sicily to Ortona, Italy, 1943

Sorry I am rooting for the Brummbar and the Panther lol, make those Cannucks earn their medals :-P and :-D
  4. dlazov

LOS works differently for my opponent

For my issue the problem is not the cropping of boards, just the fact of invoking the Terrain SSR Will disable the LOS tool. In my case I had to repull the boards to get the LOS tool working again. I don’t think cropping is the issue, merely invoking the Terrain SSR and walls in particular...
  5. dlazov

New Desperation Morale Blog Post

Counter Intelligence Cat Spy CICS....
  6. dlazov

ASL verses ASLSK - A question

So will SK5 introduce bypass and fire lanes and armored assault? Wonder if SK6 will introduce para drops and SK7 seaborne assaults?
  7. dlazov

Were there geomorphic boards in games before SL?

My evolution in tactical games was: PanzerBlitz/PanzerLeader Kampfpanzer Mechwar 77 Tobruck Firefight Cityfight MechWar 2 Squad Leader/COI/COD/GI ‘88’ Assault series ASL For myself I think really like how 88 did tank combat. But SL and then ASL was my sweet spot.
  8. dlazov

Were there geomorphic boards in games before SL?

SPI also created a game called Firefight (1976), and it had two maps (those old 22x34 maps), I think they were A and B and you could set them up adjacent to each other in 8 total ways (think big rectangles)...
  9. dlazov

AAR 194 Infanterie-Regiment, 71st Infantrie-Division SASL CG [May 1040 - May 1945]

SPECIAL NOTE to my 'readers'. I will be out all of next week on my anniversary, so after Friday and for sure on Monday-Sunday of next week I will be out of office and not posting. So I may have a post or two until then but, just wanted to put that out there.
  10. dlazov

A Name For The Iwo Jima Module

I have had the good fortune of play testing for BFP in the past and we played a lot of PTO, I took the Japanese and there is a bit of an art and skill to use them in the late war against the US or the USMC. You do have to have a higher Personal Morale Level because your going to get shot up a...
  11. dlazov

VP problems - Mission 18 - "Bridgehead"

Looking at the Bridgehead SSR 1 it states that "Each final even DR (for Hold Attitude S? only) on the ENEMY Activation Table {A1} indicates the possibility of a Fortification being Activated (as if "F" were listed in the Table A1 results; 5.14), make a subsequent dr {A5}. Looking at A5 it...
  12. dlazov

AAR 194 Infanterie-Regiment, 71st Infantrie-Division SASL CG [May 1040 - May 1945]

Okay, after the help I got to sort out the Devastated City rule for SASL this is what the map board now looks like. Note I took a few small liberties. I think this makes a better (and maybe even) playing field.
  13. dlazov

Not per the rules: 1.81 AREA: Bombardment begins after setup but prior to the start of play. In my mind after setup includes placing S? However after reading the Mission SSR's for Block Party I see this: If Devastated, the player performs a Bombardment (C1.8) for rubble/fire (C1.822-.823)...
  14. dlazov

A Name For The Iwo Jima Module

I'd still perfer: Raising the Flag: The Battle for Iwo Jima
  15. dlazov

Pre German Turn notes. Where and how to explain all the bombardment rolls? First it was a lot, lol. Second, as you can see from the screenshots, a lot of French unit are broken. It was a long process, my understanding was I had to do a bombardment which is normally a 2MC on each hex except...
  16. dlazov

Legacy of Games

Note that you in order to make War in the East and War in the West into one big module for War in Europe you will still need the Exclusive Rules for War in Europe. When you purchased War in Europe you got the Standard Rules for War in Europe and the exclusive rules for both War in the West/East...
  17. dlazov

Mission 5 The enemy turns and fights. Samogneux, France 14 June 1940. After several days of engaging the evading enemy, the 194th IR encounters significant resistance at Samogneux and the nearby Hill 344. At 05:30 the lead elements of the 194th enter the village under cover of outstanding...
  18. dlazov

Legacy of Games

Wild Bill started creating scenarios back in SL day’s for On All Fronts (OAF), and then for ASL for OAF, he then went on and created scenarios and campaigns for Steel Panthers, in particular for Matrix’s Steel Panthers World st War (a SP III spin off, which was SSI’s platoon level of the SP...
  19. dlazov

S17 CG refit phase: Hpt. Bruckner was field promoted to Maj. (10-3) and Sgt. Kolzig was promoted to 1st Lt. (9-1). 2nd Line HS was battled hardened to 1st Line HS. And 1st Line squad A was battle hardened to Elite. Board selected is 46 (dr = 1). Here is my company at start OOB. Continuing...
  20. dlazov

Question I am in the retro fit stage an on: 17.73 LEADER PROMOTION/DEMOTION: It says to do Random Selection for all company leaders (I don't use my own leader due to using the personal leader rules for him), but during the Random Selection process I had a tie, so do both leader get the the...