Search results

1. JimWhite

VotG: Reserves, Night and Recon

A night attack is declared by the Russians in CG IV...and he subsequently purchases some recon. Being a night scenario he can recon out to 8 hexes from a front line location. If the German player purchases some units as Reserves...which can be placed as close as 6 hexes to a front line...
  2. JimWhite

Donation refunds?

Are pro-rated refunds available for members who donated under the previous management/rules and now wish to participate in the forums as a non-donating member? Thanks,
  3. JimWhite

Reverse Movement and Night

Situation: AFV starts its MPh by expending 1MP to start in reverse. It then backs up into an open ground hex. How many MP did it cost to do so? Is the "penalty" for "towing a gun" added before or after you quadruple the MP cost? Excerpts from the relevant rule sections: D2.21 MP COST...
  4. JimWhite

SMOKE, 2nd Level and LOS

Hypothetical situation... I think both statements below are correct...but looking for confirmation or correction. The Germans and the 2nd Level Russians can shoot at each other without SMOKE affecting their shots. If the Germans fire down at hex Z3 then their shot would be affected by the...
  5. JimWhite

OBA SMOKE mission and Voluntary Loss of Contact

Situation: During his Prep Fire phase a player achieves radio contact...draws a black chit...and succeeds in placing a SMOKE mission on the board...and the counter is flipped to FFE:2. During the subsequent player turn...that same player does NOT roll for radio contact (reason being...
  6. JimWhite

Rubbled building, falling rubble and walls

Per the image...the building hex P42 was completely rubbled and resulting in falling rubble into Q43. 1. Does the wall between P42 and Q43 still exist? 2. Does the wall between P43 and Q43 still exist? I think Yes to both per B24.2: Ground level rubble is a Half-Level LOS obstacle through...
  7. JimWhite

VotG: Reserves, Night and Recon

For future reference: A night attack is declared by the Russians in CG IV...and he subsequently purchases some recon. Being a night scenario he can recon out to 8 hexes from a front line location. If the German player purchases some units as Reserves...which can be placed as close as 6 hexes...
  8. JimWhite

KIA result on IFT that is also a Critical Hit

70mm OBA attacks a location containing two squads and a leader. The DR is a '2' for a critical hit...and which also happens to be a 1KIA. What is the sequence to determine how the units are affected? Thanks,
  9. JimWhite

SMOKE, Bypass and a Senior Moment

Drawing a blank on the hypothetical situation below... The German AFV enters W34 via Bypass and stops. Assuming the SMOKE is still present during an ensuing German fire phase...if the AFV fires at X34 is the shot affected by the SMOKE? Thanks,
  10. JimWhite

Flamethrowers and Heavy Winds

Question: For example purposes assume the Wind Direction die roll was a 1 Per B25.63 a "...FT has no Long Range FP (A22.1) during Heavy Winds [EXC: if being fired directly "with the wind"]." Does "directly with the wind" mean the FT may fire long range only in direction 1? Or does that also...
  11. JimWhite

Dashing through a road containing a wreck/friendly stopped vehicle

Does that wreck/friendly stopped vehicle negate FFMO? I would think so...just want to confirm.
  12. JimWhite

Set DCs and detonating unit

Russian has a Set DC and the detonating unit is within 6 hexes at setup. Is the detonating unit allowed to move and then subsequently detonate the Set DC in a future player turn provided all other criteria are met?
  13. JimWhite

Dummies and Minefields

Yeah I poked around looking for a definite answer...which is probably out there somewhere and I just couldn't find it...so I have to ask: Russian player has a HIP A-P minefield in an orchard...and a German dummy stack assault moves into that hex. What happens?
  14. JimWhite

Navy carrier to be named for Pearl Harbor veteran Doris Miller

Well deserved honor... https://www.nytimes.com/2020/01/18/us/doris-miller-aircraft-carrier.html
  15. JimWhite

Flamethrower and Heavy Winds

For example purposes assume the Wind Direction die roll was a 1 Per B25.63 a "...FT has no Long Range FP (A22.1) during Heavy Winds [EXC: if being fired directly "with the wind"]." Does "directly with the wind" mean the FT may fire long range only in direction 1? Or does that also include...
  16. JimWhite

Nighttime Blaze, Orchards and Shadows

I'm thinking there would be Shadows in F50, F48, G48, H47, I48 and J48 unless Orchards don't qualify (per E1.941) as Obstacles for this purpose. If they do qualify...what about F49 and J49?
  17. JimWhite

Malfunctioned Gun and CA change

Can a unit who possesses a malfunctioned Gun change its CA?
  18. JimWhite

Recall and Bounding Fire

Situation in a VotG CG: A stopped halftrack under Recall is beginning its MPh. On its Start MP can it fire its MA (IFE)? Thanks,
  19. JimWhite

Red Factories CG I questions

I see where it says each RG purchase is made on a "per map group" basis...and those RGs must initially setup on or enter on that map group. No problem with that regarding Infantry/AFVs/Guns/Forts/OBA What about SAN? I'm going to assume that if one map group purchases SAN increase that it...
  20. JimWhite

VotG Reserves and Ambush

For the life of me I cannot remember the answer to this...or maybe I just never saw it...hmmm...:rolleyes: Anyway...a German unit advances into a location containing a Russian reserve. Does the Russian unit get the -2 Ambush roll drm for being "concealed"? Thanks,