Search results

1. sfcmikej

CyberVASL XIII

Hey Sergio, I sent you an email on March 15th opting in. I want to make sure that you have me on the list. Email is mike at pmcfla.com Mike
  2. sfcmikej

Dash and the woods/road hex

A unit does a dash from a covered hex, through a woods road hex, to another covered hex. A4.132 seems to indicate that the unit would get the benefit of the woods for the dash. The firelane goes straight down the road and never touches the woods. However the Dash rules (A4.63) indicates that...
  3. sfcmikej

Acquisition Loss with CAFP

Gun has ack on a tank in a hex. There is an infantry squad there that the gun has never fired at so I don't think he is acquired. The tank and squad move into bypass using armored assault. The ack follows the tank as it has a LOS to the CAFP but not the center dot of the hex.. The infantry...
  4. sfcmikej

Residual vs Partially Armored Vehicle

Hey All I have a SdKfz 10/5 that is armored in the front but not the sides and back. I think he undergoes an attack if he enters residual. If he enters a fire lane with the armored covered arc facing the fine lane MG I think he does not get attacked. Do I have that correct? Mike
  5. sfcmikej

TCA/VCA Case A DRM's for motion attempt

That is true Pyth. Unfortunately my poorly handled tank is more interested in survival rather than offensive action. Mike
  6. sfcmikej

TCA/VCA Case A DRM's for motion attempt

Hey All, When an AFV declares a motion attempt and is successful it can change the covered arc. The motion rules say "freely" change CA. If the AFV defensive fires later does it pay the TCA and/or VCA DRM's? I am thinking no but my opponent is tracking the DRM's in order to decide whether to...
  7. sfcmikej

Random Air Support

Thanks Vinnie. Mike
  8. sfcmikej

Random Air Support

I have played with air support but I think this is the first with random air support, or semi-random as the number of aircraft are pre-determined. E7.2 says you roll for random air during your rally phase and you have to roll less than the turn number. The air support is placed onboard in his...
  9. sfcmikej

Bocage, wall advantage and firelanes

I believe that Brian is correct. Remember though that the last sentence of A9.322 says: "Claiming/forfeiting WA can never be done between an enemy action being declared and that action being completed, e.g., fire vs the unit claiming WA. " So do it before he declares a shot. Mike
  10. sfcmikej

Railway and LOS

Having recently played the Hatten CG the question I have is this: was it ever resolved whether you treat the railway as more than one hillock if the LOS leaves the railway hexes then re-enters the railway hexes? We played it that if the LOS left the railway hexes and re-entered the railway...
  11. sfcmikej

Shooting WP at your own troops

Thanks JR Mike
  12. sfcmikej

Shooting WP at your own troops

Hey Everyone, Can I fire ordnance WP smoke into a hex that contains a friendly unit? There is a rule that states you can't attack your own units. Here it is: 7.4 TARGET DETERMINATION: Except during Defensive First Fire (8.1), all the Personnel-units/unarmored-vehicles/Vulnerable-PRC in the...
  13. sfcmikej

.50 Cal vs 12.7

Thanks everyone. Awesome info Paul. I have some personal experience with the Ma Deuce, also with the Soviet DshK and the KPV 14.5 having spent 20 years as a grunt in the U.S. Army. The KPV was a fearsome weapon to fire. Mike
  14. sfcmikej

.50 Cal vs 12.7

I found a reference to the .50 Cal being 12.7. It is in C3.7 talking about CH. I am not sure that is definitive though. Mike
  15. sfcmikej

.50 Cal vs 12.7

Hey All, I have always played the .50 Cal used the 12.7 column on the AP To Kill table when firing as ordnance. In our current game that came into question and I have been unable to find any reference to it in the rules. I wonder if I have been playing it wrong. Is the .50 Cal a 12.7 or a MG...
  16. sfcmikej

Encircled and No Quarter

Thanks Buser. Well the order that the opponent decides to rout may also affect who dies. Mike
  17. sfcmikej

Encircled and No Quarter

I can't seem to reconcile the rules on how to handle encircled units and no quarter. We have a situation where many enemy units are upper level encircled, broken and adjacent to the bad guys. One hex has nowhere to run in the building without remaining adjacent to the enemy so he must...
  18. sfcmikej

Hatten in Flames CG RG question

Thanks Andy, I appreciate the response. Mike
  19. sfcmikej

Confused about stream status in the snow.

Thanks Klas Mike
  20. sfcmikej

Confused about stream status in the snow.

Hey All, Playing a scenario with ground snow. There is a stream located where it will have a major impact on play. My opponent asked if it as frozen, as per B21.6. My initial reaction was no, it wasn't as it was not designated as frozen and should be considered frigid and cause ELR for going...