Search results

1. dur

ASL Journals in PDF Format

They look great. So glad to have this awesome trove of information. Now I have to scan in my J11 and 12...
  2. dur

ASL Annuals in PDF format

An amazing decision! I immediately bought the set and hope the Journals get the same treatment in the near future.
  3. dur

Supplemental Map Bundle

413 now. We might actually see this pack hit its number this year. I would imagine even if it does, we still wouldn't see it until 2021.
  4. dur

Supplemental Map Bundle

Exciting! I've had this on preorder since I joined the hobby in '16.
  5. dur

ASL: difficult to learn to play, easy to learn how to play well, and dying out

Haha, Scott and I co-founded CAASL (Columbus Area Advanced Squad Leader)! He is indeed an great opponent and an even greater gentleman. This is the first time I've had someone reach out to me about my own club, so I would say we've seen some success.
  6. dur

ASL: difficult to learn to play, easy to learn how to play well, and dying out

I am not sure that I agree with this post, for two main reasons: 1. The comparison being made is between eurogames, which necessarily involve a large level of abstraction, and ASL, which is a simulation. Eurogames, through abstraction, can cover a lot of ground geographically, mechanically, and...
  7. dur

Infantry Bypass of Occupied Obstacles

A4.3 states "Bypass cannot be used to skirt the edges of [...] an obstacle that is Ablaze or contains an armed non-Disrupted (19.12) Known enemy unit." Does this mean that a building location containing an armed, non-Disrupted Known enemy unit ONLY at level 1 cannot be bypassed? --- No, it...
  8. dur

Response from Perry: No, it does not mean that. ....Perry MMP
  9. dur

A4.3 states "Bypass cannot be used to skirt the edges of [...] an obstacle that is Ablaze or contains an armed non-Disrupted (19.12) Known enemy unit." Does this mean that a building location containing an armed, non-Disrupted Known enemy unit ONLY at level 1 cannot be bypassed?
  10. dur

MMP Updates

Exactly my point.
  11. dur

MMP Updates

Thanks for this excellent answer to OP's question.
  12. dur

DM website update report #3: The CH Conundrum

You could also just stop covering the new CH releases. It seems that most ASLers are in one of two camps: Those who purchase CH products and those who do not. Those who purchase CH products are likely to continue to do so without any further convincing. Are reviews of CH products going to move...
  13. dur

Looking for a rulebook reference : Anyone know the rule number that let's you place a HIP unit on the Map Concealed?

This is best used in conjunction with variably-sized dummy stacks to deny your opponent the ability to count your counters and compare the number to your OB on the scenario card.
  14. dur

DefFire SW Counters

This has to be one of the most pedantic threads I've ever seen on this forum.
  15. dur

Gun Duels and Motion Attempts

Oh, duh. So the Motion attempt happens first, and then he declares his DFF in response to which I can declare a Gun Duel. Since they are separate actions, he would be considered in Motion upon the declaration of his shot and consequently upon the declaration of my Gun Duel too. Not sure why I...
  16. dur

Gun Duels and Motion Attempts

C2.2401 states: "Any CA change the DEFENDER requires in order to shoot (5.11) is made before the ATTACKER's shot if the DEFENDER'S total Gun Duel DRM is ≤ the ATTACKER's; otherwise its CA changes (if still able to) after the ATTACKER's shot" If the DEFENDER's CA change entails making a Motion...
  17. dur

Some pertinent news from MMP

So far it's been said to include the full Italian OB, a second edition of chapter F, all the desert boards and overlays, as well as the Sons of the Negus content. One would imagine it will also contain rebalanced versions of the original HL scenarios as well as a big chunk of rebalanced out of...
  18. dur

My guess at the two-toned counters is Vichy French as the outer color appears to be German blue. My storage solution for the French can certainly handle more pieces, but my very full German box is groaning at the two German countersheets!
  19. dur

Hopefully the DASL reprint as well as the new boards last year will spur new interest in the format.
  20. dur

New MMP DASL pack

The most important question: Will it come in a sensibly designed box so it will actually fit on a shelf unlike SoF and HH?