Search results

1. T

Wish list for Power Toolkit

Wish list for Power Toolkit I am working on a (wish) list if items to get included in the Power Toolkit So far I only have a few most relate to the area of plotting in the terrain types. Probably one of the highest time consuming areas of using the toolkit. 1. A pointer that does not hid...
  2. T

AI Terrain dialogs and other ??

AI Terrain Region Data Dialog window has a text which is incomlete. The note to user has the following: Select “SPACE” when you have finished drawing the route. Select “TAB” to finish and add a route through this Region (???) After the last word Region, the rest of the text is covered up...
  3. T

How far do you sub type a terrain type?

I have large areas of “Medium Scrub”. Much is just plain “Medium Scrub”, but some areas due to the underlying terrain, (elevation grades etc), are only traversable by dismount type units. Do I, for the benefit of the human player sub type this Medium Scrub into 2 groups, Medium Scrub and...
  4. T

Terrain types overlapping??

In some cases it seems almost impossible to plot terrain types on to a map with out some level of minor overlapping. By this I refer to an overlap in the range of ONE pixel. This is related to the underlying 2 pixel grid system used in terrain type plotting. This overlapping seems to occur along...
  5. T

The joys of Terrain making !!

Nice little point to remember: If you use the following Map->Terrain->Copy Map->Terrain->Paste You can not Delete the pasted terrain shape/type if its accidently incorrectly placed If you can work around the accident OK else, BIG DOODOO!!! Is this a "little bug" or just one of thoses...
  6. T

AI Help Map ?

When the power toolkit plots the AI Help Map, with the “Auto Generate->Impassable Regions” does this plot only cover complete 10x10 pixel squares that are impassable or will it plot a 10x10 square and class it impassable even though 25% of that square is impassable?
  7. T

A suggestion if possible.

When plotting terrain on a map in many situations the pointer as it currently is, ie the Arrow pointer, obstructs viewing the line locations. Would it be possible when plotting terrain to switch to a different pointer , like a small cross hair, or small circle with a dot in it. This may...
  8. T

Movement and Visibility?

Just to clarify a few bits that are confusing: 1. If a Visibility Reduction value is set to -1 is that identical to a visibility of ZERO ? 2. If the Movement Reduction is set to -1 in a terrain type and it is not defined as having a water capability is this identical to a movement...
  9. T

Ground Depressions?

In the attached picture there are many depressions. These are roughly 2 – 3 m deep but will not be displayed in the games elevation model nor appear in the original DEM data. As they are below ground level if one is in them you can not see out, but if you stand outside you are able to see...
  10. T

Bridges??

How can a bridge be coded in the terrain so that only dismounts can cross along it BUT vehicles, tracked and wheeled can go under it?
  11. T

Representing buildings?

In an ATF/AATF map made using a 1:50,00 topto map, how should the buildings, black squares, be dealt with. They are roughly 2.5 pixels in size, roughly 20 to 25 meters square when you view the map in the game at max zoom IN. At a zoom of 1:1 they can hardly be seen. The map covers 31 x 33 km...
  12. T

Strange map scrolling in the power tool kit

While working on my current map I have been looking at a slightly bigger one. This bigger map is what I am really working towards. I am having a funny problem with this in the Power Toolkit. First the map is 1047 x 2347 pixels, about 21Km x 47Km. I have built the map and also added a...
  13. T

The fun of adding terrain...

When building a map do the various appearance settings of: Desert, Rocky, Grassland, and Frozen, have any effect on movement or are they just purely background colour? I have gone through the sections on ‘Create a new map’, ‘Add terrain to a map’ and ‘Advanced map drawing techniques’, as well...
  14. T

Map Production dialog

Map Production dialog In the map production dialog the two values Width and Height, both in meters, are these based on the distance from the Lat and Long point or the X, Y UTM grid point values? Hence from above question then, if based on the UMT values these distances are measured along...
  15. T

Terrain Type query

Just a few Terrain Type questions for a start. In the terrain Type edit Dialog there are 3 entries, Visual Reduction, Movement Reduction and Height. 1. With Visual Reduction, Movement Reduction are these a % value? 2. In the map I am working on the escarpments definitely have a formal...
  16. T

Power Toolkit problem in map making

I decided to redo an old map of mine. So I followed the tutorial that drunkrussion posted on this site. I also used the ATF tutorial for making maps. After I have filled in the Map Production Information dialog in the ATF Power toolkit and press the OK button I get the big gray scale map...
  17. T

The Low/High 100m Line.

Looking at the attached map and using the comments from the Users guide I am somewhat confused as to where to actually put this 100m wide line. Using the info from the manual it would mean in reality the low/high line would need to be close to the top that is about the 250 contour line. It...
  18. T

Adjustment of map BMP file after terrain effects done

To map in the terrain effects I need to use some form of marker when setting the various terrain effects, eg LOS etc in MapTool. The terrain has many small rises 10 – 20 m above the “base” level so they are not really high ground. The map has high ground as there are many features that start at...