Search results

1. jfardette

VASL PTO League 2019 1st Round Matchups

Aaron, shoot me a note when you are ready to go. I tried to PM you but didn't get a response so not sure it's working.
  2. jfardette

Highlight all unmoved units

We were thinking something that would stand out a bit more on a crowded map.
  3. jfardette

Tarawa Question - BRT1 The Hawk

So getting ready to play our first Tarawa scenario and not clear about the USMC. This is a seaborne assault, but the setup area for the Marines allows them to setup anywhere outside the Japanese setup area. Are these guys really allowed to setup in K25, for example, or should they be limited...
  4. jfardette

CyberVASL XII

Awe jeez, I should have read more carefully. No PBEM for me. good news for the rest of you, one spot left!
  5. jfardette

CyberVASL XII

You make your 32 yet? I will join if you still have space.
  6. jfardette

Swedish Volunteers need help! VASL question.

And I see them under both the Axis and Ally tabs, since they fought on both sides.
  7. jfardette

Well, somewhere in the messing around with this, I redownloaded the extension and was able to get it to work following JR's instructions. I probably messed something else up, but for now I can see Swedes. Thanks for the help!
  8. jfardette

It wouldn't let me add the unzipped folder. The folder is named 5SV.mdx, but it's a folder and not a file. Am I supposed to add a file inside the unzipped folder, such as the build file?
  9. jfardette

I followed your instructions. The extension now shows up in Vassal as so: However, when I open VASL and try to start a new game, I still don't see those stealthy Swedes...
  10. jfardette

I've got the folder, and I think it's in the right location. I followed the instructions at http://vasl.info/install/install.html but I must have made a mistake somewhere. Here's the path to my folder: C:\Users\jfardette\Desktop\VASSAL\VASL Files\VASLv633\ASL Extensions\sv They appear to be...
  11. jfardette

Well, they will be fine if I can just figure out what to do with the image files. I downloaded the files and dropped the unzipped "sv" folder into my images files, but I don't see Swedes (Axis or Allied) when I try to pull up troops. I'm sure I'm doing something wrong but don't know what it...
  12. jfardette

More "real" SMC names please

ASL peculiarity is what we do best!
  13. jfardette

In a game of 12s and 2s, Jim Fardette's Indians beat Vic Rosso's Japanese in a final turn CC to take the final victory location. The Indian's had the balance, but without much effect. The game shifted when the Japanese HMG broke and never got repaired. Vic is a fun opponent and I look forward...
  14. jfardette

Hello Carl, Victor and I will be playing SP69, Meiktila Break-In. Victor has the Japanese, I will play the Indians. Jim
  15. jfardette

VASL Desert League Round 1 Matchups

Yes, this is one of his. We’ve already run into a few questions, so hopefully the playtesting is valuable to him.
  16. jfardette

Red Factories CPP Poll

Surprised there isn’t more love for upping the forts and booby traps. All that +3 terrain makes for a lot of TCs, and who doesn’t enjoy watching your enemy fail to advance into that vacant building that had the HIP/fort combo and spend some quality time playing in the street? Think of all the...
  17. jfardette

Martin Vicca and I will be playtesting an Advancing Fire scenario, Halfaya to the Sea. I have the Brits and Martin will be playing the Italians.
  18. jfardette

This is why we can't have nice things. I malf'd both HMGs, all 3 mortars and both AT guns. Nate played well, letting his barrages clear a path and provide safety while moping up my positions. If not for my tank-hunter heroes, who killed a tank and I immobilized another, this would have been even...
  19. jfardette

In a short and bloody WO16 Wildcat Strike, Jim Fardette's Japanese defeated Randy Rossi's Americans. Both sides rolled plenty of snakes, but the Japanese got them while shooting and the Americans got them while taking MCs. A combo sniper/TH Hero killed a Sherman, pushing the Americans close to...
  20. jfardette

VASLeague 2019 General Discussion

Or road/runway as long as it’s not raining maybe