Search results

1. D

The Best Great War ASL Module?

I'm not sure why it says that. I've played Hindenburg Line, and I was able to play it using only it plus my info counters.
  2. D

First Wave at Omaha

Just looking at that damned seawall gives me a cold sweat (and I was the Germans)! Did you guys ever finish?
  3. D

I believe so, Bill. For example, if you play the French module/pack (#2) you would need the German counters and boards that came in the first (British) module/pack. IIRC, in order to play the American module/pack, you would also need the first pack (again for the German counters and boards)...
  4. D

They vary, but none were small. Most of CH's GWASL scenarios are medium to large. Some are enormous, IMO.
  5. D

Missing operation—First East Prussian Offensive

There was also Sturmtruppen, a tournament-sized scenario set at the battle for Goldap, E. Prussia, in November of 1944. CH #134.
  6. D

I've managed to play one or two out of each of them. All have been fun so far.
  7. D

DBP16 Under Old Baldy - Radio or Offboard Observer?

Yes, it is Crag (using CH's alternative art-work).
  8. D

Red Factories countersheet errata?

Thanks Chas! I already emailed that address and sent you a photo of the problem.
  9. D

Red Factories countersheet errata?

Has anyone else had any countersheets transposed? The front of RO #2 was transposed onto the back of RO #1.
  10. D

Corregidor

I witnessed a few playtests of Coors during the last few days of ASLOK. The historical map seemed to be a popular item with folks. Thanks to Brian Martuzas for sharing with everyone.
  11. D

Yes, it is definitely missing from the scenario card. You could play it either way, with adding a radio or an Offboard Observer. Personally, I would go with adding an Offboard Observer at Level 4 along the west edge. Sorry about the confusion. I'll send a note off to Ray at CH to correct this...
  12. D

I just saw this question. First, are you playing 1st or 2nd ed. of DBP?
  13. D

Who has room for this much ASL?

When another TPP did their variant counters, Swedish Volunteers in white, there was a huge brouhaha over that. Does CH really need that? Only info. counters should be white (I guess).
  14. D

Differences between ATS and ASLComp Maps

When I was with CH, the maps were designed to fit ATS counters, but doubled for use with ASL counters. We just got the added benefit of larger-than-needed hexes. I'd be surprised if CH has changed that process in recent years.
  15. D

Operation : Schmidt

I believe we called them non-combat engineers, with significantly less FP than your typical German 8-3-8 or US 7-4-7 squad types.
  16. D

Westerplatte Rules?

I came across this on the CH message board. I wonder if anyone has contact with these folks? Development: Morten Lundsteen Design: Morten Lundsteen & Nils Ljungren Mapdesign: Charlotte Esmann & Morten Lundsteen
  17. D

Westerplatte Rules?

The CP Table is on most scenario cards. Once you roll for the amount of CP, you then go to the chart on page 4 of the CGSR and add whatever meagre forces to your leftover OB from the previous scenarios. What is not spelled out, is what are the VP ramifications for using the CP bonus in 5.3.1?
  18. D

AAR - At Sword Point

A reference in my source said that the Polish counterattack acted as the point of a sword at the (vulnerable) belly of the German spearhead. That was the reasoning behind the scenario title. Your AAR actually very closely mimics the historic results in that it was extremely bloody, so much so...
  19. D

First Wave at Omaha

That's funny. Kurt left CH about a decade ago, and to my knowledge, hasn't played ATS or ASL since then.