Search results

1. Michael Dorosh

What is this structure?

The real shame of this is that the 3 or 4 hexes this will represent on an HASL map will probably never see much happen. Still, the conversation and cooperation here has been nice to see. Leave it to Jan to get us all thinking.
  2. Michael Dorosh

What is this structure?

Aerial photography was (and is) often done with a stereo camera - two images, from slightly different angles. When you look at the paired photos through a viewer, it gives you 3-D relief. And helps avoid conversations like this one. :) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stereoscopy If you had a...
  3. Michael Dorosh

What is this structure?

It may be a depression, but it is on higher ground than the river - look at those cuts running perpendicular to the water. The ground slopes up toward that area.
  4. Michael Dorosh

What is this structure?

so - is that shadow a sunken road? Trees? Spoil? If that's a stereoscope image, find the partner and get a viewer....
  5. Michael Dorosh

How do you like to organize your vehicle counters?

Big bins, by type. Depends on nationality. German - WHEELED VEHICLES HALFTRACKS ARMOURED CARS FULLY TRACKED OPEN TOP NON-TURRETED AFV FULLY TRACKED CLOSED TOP NON-TURRETED AFV FULL TRACK TURRETED AFV with MA >50mm FULL TRACK TURRETED AFV with MA <50mm American: SELF-PROPELLED GUNS (M7...
  6. Michael Dorosh

What is this structure?

Quite possibly - my feeling is that whatever it is, it is casting a shadow just like all the other above ground structures.
  7. Michael Dorosh

What is this structure?

The shadow is on the wrong side for that to be a depression. If it was a depression, that big black shadow on the top of the area would be bathed in sunlight, no? Assuming those other structures are above ground.
  8. Michael Dorosh

What is this structure?

Yeah, who ever heard of a Soviet prison, eh.
  9. Michael Dorosh

What is this structure?

So people don't steal them
  10. Michael Dorosh

What is this structure?

Amazingly, there is Google Street view footage of this location. Those grandstands seem to be apartment buildings.
  11. Michael Dorosh

What is this structure?

If it was a depression, wouldn't the shadow be on the other side of the hole?
  12. Michael Dorosh

Croix de Guerre Second Edition now available for preorder.

Realistic Perry knows better than to post time estimates on the forum. Looks like he started his holiday break early...
  13. Michael Dorosh

Some pertinent news from MMP

The scale is warped from the start (40 metre wide streets) so it seems pointless to apply real world scales to one part of the simulation but not the other. Just use the 1:285 scale vehicles. It's simple, there's no conversion necessary, and honestly - a typical 1x2 or 1x3 DASL mapboard is so...
  14. Michael Dorosh

What is this structure?

Could be a curved roof rather than a curved building - like a Quonset or Nissen hut. My old neighbourhood was built on the site of a British Commonwealth Air Training Plan airfield. This old hut has survived. Viewed from above, the shape seems similar to the aerial photo above?
  15. Michael Dorosh

Who did it?

WHO DIDN'T DUNNIT? Psycho - just here for the chit chat Dorosh - doesn't play ASL Holst - would have nothing to complain about if he done do did it HOW'D DEY NOT UNDO IT? Apathy? Internet out? Too busy on Gamesquad? WHERE'D DEY NOT UNDO IT? Mom's basement? Mom's basement? Mom's basement?
  16. Michael Dorosh

Onslaught to Orsha

Nice to see the British and French getting coverage in ASL. The Seine crossing is pretty much forgotten today, despite Ken Ford doing a really good book on the subject. I did a small writeup of the action in my Tactical Wargamer's Journal. I get the impression that despite the German defeat in...
  17. Michael Dorosh

'Likes' have now been replaced by 'Reactions'

System seems to be working fine. However, I would suggest removing the negative 'scores', even for dislike (thumbs down) and angry reactions, and giving them a positive value as well. If the rationale for the "Reaction" score is to see who is provoking the most thought and conversation with...
  18. Michael Dorosh

https://www.pen-and-sword.co.uk/Battleground-Books-WWII/s/27 Here's a link to the Battleground books - the ones I have are really good (they also do a series on First World War battlefields) - D-Day and Market-Garden stuff mostly. But I see a title on Arras and some other 1940 titles.
  19. Michael Dorosh

Osprey has gotten leagues better in the last decades, compared to their state of the art in the 70s and 80s. Agree that the Campaign books are really well done. Even better are the Battleground Europe series - but I doubt they've covered Dinant yet. Then and Now has always been good but as you...
  20. Michael Dorosh

Pretty sure that was on the History Channel also, though you may have the paradrop confused with him Tokyo drifting across the frozen Seine in a semi-trailer truck.