Search results

1. Pacman Ghost

Motion Vehicle Affects ATT To Hit

If you're being targeted by infantry fire, sure. But if you're firing a Gun or mortar, it's less clear. The German 4-6-7 is standing motionless in Open Ground when it's attacked by the Russian mortar. The 8-3-8 is running across Open Ground ground when it is attacked. Why is it so much easier...
  2. Pacman Ghost

That's the point I was making. The DFF attack can only affect the moving unit, but anyone who happened to be in the hex already is completely immune. If someone moves into the hex after the DFF attack, yes they can be affected by the RF, but someone who's in the hex prior to the attack, and...
  3. Pacman Ghost

I was mulling over this in a game the other day. A mortar DFF's on a moving squad in Open Ground. It has to use Area Target Type, which is essentially splattering the entire hex with rounds, rather than specifically targeting the squad, yet it can only affect the moving squad, but not anything...
  4. Pacman Ghost

Using bypass to enter the board

That's a good point, I didn't think about that. Although I suppose if I'm going to don my robes and go full-on Rules Laywer to sleaze myself an extra entry hex, I deserve to lose my concealment on the way in :rolleyes:
  5. Pacman Ghost

I am constrained as which hex I can enter on, that's the whole point behind my question. The SSR says that I must enter on/between hexrows V and Z, so my question is: if I bypass the woods in V0, along a hexside that's nominally off-board, and then into U1, does that meet the SSR requirements...
  6. Pacman Ghost

Ah, I didn't realize that, although the issue still exists if e.g. the unit comes on-board from U0 to V0, crossing the hexside that is off-board. But I don't want to derail my own thread and distract from the original question :)
  7. Pacman Ghost

Hmmm, on further reflection, maybe it does... :-/ I suspect the correct interpretation is that the move is allowed, because it's considered to be in the V0 hex as it's bypassing the woods. I also rather suspect that a snapshot is not allowed, because the hexside being bypassed is off-board...
  8. Pacman Ghost

This is an another question. There is no LOS between on-board and off-board, so assuming the bocage wasn't there, could the Russian 4-4-7 take a snapshot on the V0/W0 hexside? You say the whole of V0 is in play, but is the bottom half of that hex considered to be on-board or off-board? But...
  9. Pacman Ghost

For the purpose of the question, I simplified things to only include the relevant bits. In practice, the 4-6-7 could well want to keep moving on into the stone buildings, or to the right of them.
  10. Pacman Ghost

The German 4-6-7 wants to enter by bypassing the woods in V0 (one hexside only), then into U1, thus avoiding an attack by the Russian 4-4-7. A2.51 seems fairly clear this is OK: [O]ffboard units may move normally on the Offboard map so as to enter the mapboard on a hex which...
  11. Pacman Ghost

LFT The Fight For Soeul on pre-order

I'd love to, but storage is a massive problem for me :( If I could get electronic versions of this stuff (i.e. PDF's of the printed materiel, then just play it on VASL), I'd get it in a heartbeat.
  12. Pacman Ghost

It's not unreasonable for something to require Beyond Valor and the ASLRB, and not document that , but less so FW. I'd be justified in being pissed off if I got this and found after receiving it that I couldn't play it because I don't have FW. Or something else - are there any other...
  13. Pacman Ghost

Thanks. It might an idea to mention this on the website. Someone said in another thread that work on this started long before FW, so my guess would've been that it was a standalone product. It would've been disappointing indeed if I got this and found out the hard way that I couldn't play it...
  14. Pacman Ghost

This looks very cool. Given that it's Korea, does it require KFW, or is it standalone? Will there be additional printed material e.g. like the KGS Players' Guide? 92 pages in the 3 booklets seems like a lot for rules, so I'm guessing that there's maybe non-rule stuff in there as well...? And...
  15. Pacman Ghost

Solo KGS

I've played most of the KGS scenarios solitaire. I've got the winter CG set up as well, but I've started playing VASL with a real live person, which is taking up most of my ASL-playing time, so I probably won't get to that for a while. I've just finished "Their Fate Sealed?" and while it's a...
  16. Pacman Ghost

Casualties Bin

While I'm here, I wanted to ask about this. When I read this, I wanted to scream, since it seemed to mean big changes would be needed for vasl-templates. But I checked this new release against vasl-templates a while back and everything seemed to be OK. I did a diff of the build file against the...
  17. Pacman Ghost

Casualties Bin

Any SSR. The actual value that's applied to the CVP total probably should be user-editable.
  18. Pacman Ghost

Setting Up Vassal/VASL on a MacBook

There are buttons to the left to add a new row/column, then select the board you want.
  19. Pacman Ghost

Enemy use of Panzerfaust

Where's the fun in that? Only thing better than taking out your opponent's units is doing it with his own weapons :LOL:
  20. Pacman Ghost

FT269 SSR

Out of curiosity, what was the rationale?