Search results

1. Koestler

Hatten CG - it's a junkyard

We are at at 54 now - #50 is a German AC which ventures into the LOS of a US ATG (L12); #51 is a Sherman who thought he could sneak past a German TD (R19); #52 is another Sherman, who served under an inept US commander, who allowed a baz to be captured (E17); #53 is the aforementioned German TD...
  2. Koestler

Hatten CG - it's a junkyard

And we have our 49th wreck on the map. My M10 GMC parked itself in J20, next to what proved to be the preregistered hex for the German 120mm OBA and was promptly turned into, well, no 49.
  3. Koestler

AFV and Mandatory FG

I have an AFV with and AAMG and a CMG. An enemy sq is outside the TCA. Can I first fire the AAMG (with +0) and then turn the TCA to fire the CMG (with +1), or does Mandatory FG (A7.55; D3.5) prevent doing so?
  4. Koestler

HiF Perimeter

This is the situation (ignore the dashed lines). To my mind, we cannot inlude X12 in the US perimeter without violating the 'no overlap'. rule (3.605). AK
  5. Koestler

HiF Perimeter

Playing HiF CG I. I have an AFV in a Strategic Location, which is a type C Isolated Area. The AFV successfully escapes. According to 3.6064 I have to determine the type of lsolated Area again after the escape, so it becomes a type A (empty). The location is adjacent to a location which is part...
  6. Koestler

VASL PTO League 2019 1st Round Matchups

Vic Rosso proved himself to be the better jungle fighter in our playing of FrF 72, the Mubo Decision, banzaiing his reinforcements into position with minimal loss. I used to know that one should not advance into a jungle hex with a lowly Japanese hs with an elite sq and ldr; I relearned the...
  7. Koestler

Turning covered arc when eligible to fire

D1.83 indeed prevents using an AAMG (except a fixed one) to change TCA; thanks. About the 'old' Q&A, note that it concerns changing VCA (not TCA) by having an eligible turret mounted weapon, something the text of D3.12 does not seem to allow for. The Q&A would thus add that an eligible turret...
  8. Koestler

Turning covered arc when eligible to fire

See D3.12: an AFV can change its VCA/TCA at the end of a friendly fire phase if it has a bow-mounted/turret-mounted weapon which is still eligible to fire (without intensive fire), without actually taking a shot. There is a Q&A saying that one can change VCA if a turret mounted weapon is...
  9. Koestler

Hatten CG restoration of special ammo

Thanks for the answer.
  10. Koestler

Hatten CG restoration of special ammo

According to HF 3.6137, depleted ammo of 'Guns' is restored during the refit phase. Is it correct that depleted WP of U.S. bazookas and 60mm MTRs is not restored (because these are not 'Guns')? As written, the rule is clear, but it seems somewhat counter intuitive that depleted special ammo of...
  11. Koestler

Battalion Mortar

As Rick's opponent: thanks for the answers. The scenario is Desobry Defiant and Rick has foregone the obvious placement of the radio-leader in the steeple to place him in the back of the field, from where he has been plastering my troops for the last couple of turns. That missed contact roll...
  12. Koestler

HF CGI

CGs arranged.
  13. Koestler

HT CGI

Thanks for the fast reply. Kicking off as the US facing the German juggernaut on day 1.
  14. Koestler

HT CGI

According to I2, the 20 GCPP initially available to the US player on January 9 must enter as reinforcements. Is the US player allowed to purchase Fortifications/OBA? I doubt the answer because at the one hand, such assets do not enter as reinforcements, implying no. At the other hand, the...
  15. Koestler

HF CGI

I am looking for a PBeM game of HF CGI. I can do about 3-4 logs a week and am a reasonably experienced player. If interested, please drop me a line at Koestler9@gmail.com. Best, AK
  16. Koestler

GRENADIER´18: ASL Tournament, Germany, 31.10.-04.11.2018

It will be a long wait till November. Will the timing of rounds 1 and 2 be changed this year? Many of the round 1 scenarios look quite large. AK
  17. Koestler

VASLeague 2018, general discussion

I totally diced Brian Roundhill's Germans in J188, Grab and Go, last Saturday, him breaking and X-ing out both the MTR and Hmg. To add insullt to injury, the German goalie continued the streak of 12's later that evening.
  18. Koestler

Setting up Spotted Mortars

Being designated as spotter does not bestow hip-status, so much is clear. However, in a situation that one uses a unit which otherwise uses hip (e.g. SSR granted; Japanese) as spotter, there is a problem if one plays strictly by the rules. Being designated or acting as spotter does not cause...
  19. Koestler

206 Hey that ain't a ROK - NJ game day in Chester, post #1

Thanks, I missed that the Jeep got a new note in FW.
  20. Koestler

206 Hey that ain't a ROK - NJ game day in Chester, post #1

Thanks for the nice write up and graphics. However, two questions: "We were also playing 2.5 mp to enter the paddies (my misread on mud rules) as opposed to 3, and 2 mp to go across the banks as hazardous movement which may have favored me some." Is the MF cost to enter INTO an irrigated...