Search results

1. Sparafucil3

It has begun...more or less

Perhaps a single CH page titled "Where are the CH products" and the "Don't buy" review. I certainly wouldn't hold it against you for not purchasing them simply for review. Too much other good stuff to spend your money on. -- jim
  2. Sparafucil3

It has begun...more or less

Perhaps a blanket "only buy if someone you trust recommends them". That has been my policy for years now. -- jim
  3. Sparafucil3

LoS Tool

Don't thank me, thank JR Tracy. He introduced me to them as I too, would have never thought of "Bill Snatcher". -- jim
  4. Sparafucil3

LoS Tool

I use one of these. I have a second one which has markings every 10 hexes for playing in the desert. Pull the thread, count the marks, count the hexes from the last mark to the target, get the range. -- jim
  5. Sparafucil3

Tool recommendations

I recently bought these curved tweezers and these straight tweezers. -- jim
  6. Sparafucil3

Double One 2020 cancelled

Good news. Grenadier, ItaliASL, Copenhagen, Double One, and Arnhem are on my wish list. Alas, Arnhem will be a mini with me and Hennie getting together some day to play and maybe walk the battlefield. -- jim
  7. Sparafucil3

AP140 and Fog

I didn't think so (I agree Brett and company are no dummies). I hope I wasn't implying as such. Polish Requiem was play-tested thoroughly and yet was originally play-tested with both an MA and CMG on the FT-17. Mistakes happen, even when really smart and really good players are involved. WRT...
  8. Sparafucil3

AP140 and Fog

Thanks JR. -- jim
  9. Sparafucil3

AP140 and Fog

That was my instant analysis. The game is won or lost at set up by the Germans. Enter badly and you have almost no chance. Enter smartly, and you have some chance. -- jim
  10. Sparafucil3

AP140 and Fog

It's not +1, it's +1 per Hex, no? If Adjacent, it's +3, correct (A24.8 applies too)? The more troubling factor is the movement penalty. From the far edge, it's 25+ hexes. From the bottom/top, it's 15+ to the VC area. Even double timing and in stacks, it's 3 - 4 turns to make it to fight and...
  11. Sparafucil3

AP140 and Fog

AP140 Misty Morning says Fog is in effect (E3.31). According E3.311, "All Smoke rules otherwise apply." Does this mean: -- The +1 for firing out of a SMOKE location applies? -- There is an additional 1 MF/MP for each Fog hex/Location entered? -- Does the answer to either of these change if I am...
  12. Sparafucil3

GRENADIER´19: ASL Tournament, Germany, 06.11.2019-10.11.2019

GAH! You are correct sir. -- jim
  13. Sparafucil3

I am moving to Stuttgart in January. I need to settle in before I commit, but I am about 80% certain I will be going to Grenadier this summer. -- jim
  14. Sparafucil3

I am planning on attending Grenadier this year. It will be "local" to me for once :) -- jim
  15. Sparafucil3

What ASL Product Have You Bought Recently?

I linked it in the post. The word "these" is a link to the scanner on Amazon. -- jim
  16. Sparafucil3

As many of you know, I scan everything I own to PDF's and store it on the cloud so I don't need paper. I was behind in my scanning by two years. I bought one of these recently and scanned about 300 pages in 40 minutes. Money well spent for you scanners out there. -- jim
  17. Sparafucil3

ASLOK 2019 photos

MAGA: My ASL's Gone Awry; My AFV Got APCR'd. -- jim
  18. Sparafucil3

ASLOK 2019 photos

#politicsmydudes -- jim
  19. Sparafucil3

Come to ASLOk and I will buy you a beer (or two). -- jim
  20. Sparafucil3

I purchased twenty 3-D Raaco inserts for my systems counters. They look pretty cool. Thanks to Stan Jackson and Steve Dennis for the STL files. -- jim