Search results

1. C

Welcome to Canada, George W.Bush

I do think the *real* purpose of his trip here was to warm-up for Europe. Although, he did attempt to stir the pot on missle defense.
  2. C

You will note that the protests are Anti-Bush and not Anti-American. 70% of CDN's polled supported the statement "I value and respect the United States and it's citizens..it's just that I disagree fundamentally with their government" The problem, as I see it, is that one side is anti-war...
  3. C

{Whistling sounds} As the sun ticks past it's highpoint, the 'politically ignorant' streetfighter stands on mainstreet with hands on pistols.... alone. :D
  4. C

I bet if you were a fisherman you'd still remember a fella by the name of Crosbie, a conservative for those that don't, on your trip down to the unemployment office.
  5. C

Pretty close! Major centers also voted Liberal! http://atlas.gc.ca/site/english/maps/reference/elections/election2004 Just remember that on the majority of the map only two people live there. :D
  6. C

People didn't like things about the Liberals, especially the scandals, but ultimately didn't like what they saw in Harper. I can give you detailed reasons why but I don't think this is the forum. I will say here that anybody that is running for Prime Minister of Canada that sends a letter...
  7. C

They have their house in order and my opinion is good for them. I have no problem with the fact they voted conservative ....that's democracy. My problem is with people that take someone else's money and then vote for traitors.
  8. C

Exactly! And if it wasn't for that it would have been a Liberal landslide again. Well, Harper being a moron probably helped somewhat. The fact remains that the vast majority of Canadians do not like Bush or support the war in Iraq. If Bush can't sell his agenda to the Canadian people then...
  9. C

New Player Guide

You've already helped one fella out! Playing Korea 51 I decided to fall back on the right side to conserve forces as placed all my reinforcments around Saigon. Placing a small force up north to draw some of the enemy off, I moved across and cut off the main thrusts supply -at least I think I...
  10. C

A radio station called Bush and pretended they were Mr Poutine the PM of Canada and Bush fell for it hook, line, and sinker. The PM's name was Chretien. Poutine is french fries covered in cheese and gravy. :D Chretien, a liberal, and Clinton were best buddies. However, many were happy...
  11. C

Potential TOAW Newbie

I'm about a month or two ahead of you and I really enjoy it. Looking at the graphics you'll be surprised at the depth of the game...that I've been able to figure out so far. This board is really helpful, both the threads and the AAR. You'll also find yourself doing quite a bit of...
  12. C

How many not Christian faithfuls in here?

Ahhh Ha Ha Ha :D :D This Buddhist was sipping green tea when he read your post. Isn't this planet hell enough? :D
  13. C

Taxes: What Democrats Don't Want You To Know!

Guess what my wife does and who she works for? Government programs are generally more efficient then non. The main reason being that the government doesn't have huge fundraising costs.
  14. C

Taxes: What Democrats Don't Want You To Know!

Nope, just your argument :D You know I couldn't let that pass :D Nice thread! Thanks for starting it. Being from Canada I think everyone in the US should pay more taxes. The income earned in our highest tax bracket is still in your lowest. It's pretty evident that people will not...
  15. C

Christians.

Raised Born-Again. 15+ years Buddhist.
  16. C

Killing an Innocent or Executing an Insurgent?

One thing I can't stop thinking about is why was a guy that was shot in the face yesterday back on the front today?
  17. C

All Rick's analogy needs is an occupation. In times of war you need to see the enemy as vastly different then you. It's easier to kill people you hate. The problem is this often requires focusing on the extreme examples. A soldier that shoots unarmed prisoners provides as much ammo to...
  18. C

Because just as you propose throwing the convention out the window for soldiers that are abiding by it so does your enemy. War criminals need to be brought to justice...equally on both sides. Imagine if the situation was reversed? If you think that through you'll see their side and/or how...
  19. C

You are probably not aware that some of those wounded unarmed soldiers the Japanese literally murdered in their hospital beds Dec 25, 1941 were Canadians, eh? :mad: Lest we forget! I doubt you'll convince me using that example. Have you ever heard of a city called Nanking? Am I...
  20. C

Colin Powell Resigns

She should be hammered over the faulty intel. I really like Powell. It was sad to see him embarassed in front of the UN like he was.