Search results

1. Koestler

AFV and Mandatory FG

I have an AFV with and AAMG and a CMG. An enemy sq is outside the TCA. Can I first fire the AAMG (with +0) and then turn the TCA to fire the CMG (with +1), or does Mandatory FG (A7.55; D3.5) prevent doing so?
  2. Koestler

HiF Perimeter

Playing HiF CG I. I have an AFV in a Strategic Location, which is a type C Isolated Area. The AFV successfully escapes. According to 3.6064 I have to determine the type of lsolated Area again after the escape, so it becomes a type A (empty). The location is adjacent to a location which is part...
  3. Koestler

Hatten CG restoration of special ammo

According to HF 3.6137, depleted ammo of 'Guns' is restored during the refit phase. Is it correct that depleted WP of U.S. bazookas and 60mm MTRs is not restored (because these are not 'Guns')? As written, the rule is clear, but it seems somewhat counter intuitive that depleted special ammo of...
  4. Koestler

HT CGI

According to I2, the 20 GCPP initially available to the US player on January 9 must enter as reinforcements. Is the US player allowed to purchase Fortifications/OBA? I doubt the answer because at the one hand, such assets do not enter as reinforcements, implying no. At the other hand, the...
  5. Koestler

HF CGI

I am looking for a PBeM game of HF CGI. I can do about 3-4 logs a week and am a reasonably experienced player. If interested, please drop me a line at Koestler9@gmail.com. Best, AK
  6. Koestler

Grenadier 2017

I made it to Grenadier this year, after two years of work induced absence. First game is Tod's last stand, SP22. As published, it is pro-German and I made a cautious G1 bid, to be trumped by my compatriot's Andries' German 2 bid. Undeterred, my plan was to use the carrier to sweep the south...
  7. Koestler

Rout and smoke

Hello, Please see the attached situation. There is a SMOKE FFE centered on H37 and broken units in I37. What is their fate? The broken units are ADJACENT to the Vannay 447 in I38, but since there is +7 hindrance between them, the 447 is not a Known unit. Under A10.51, they could thus rout to...
  8. Koestler

Festung Budapest IG4 in reserve

I seem to recall this has been discussed before, but cannot find the thread. In Festung Budapest, IG4 (Panzergrenadier Coy & SPW Sect) includes halftracks. It seems this RG is eligible to set up in reserve. However, the rules only contemplate Infantry units in reserve. In particular, cloaking...
  9. Koestler

FB CGI or III

Hello, I am looking for a PBeM game of either CGI of CGIII of FB. I can manage about one logfile a day. If interested, drop me a mail at Koestler9@gmail.com. Best, Alex