Search results

1. T

Old member returning...

Hey, looks like a few oldtimers coming back :)
  2. T

New gamer from Canada

Hey who you calling "old" :p Don't we have a 6 year old game of EA still waiting ? :laugh:
  3. T

New gamer from Canada

I guess I really should "re-introduce" myself. :) I'm an old hand at TOAW-COW (some of you may even remember me lol)but just recently took the plunge and bought TOAW III so I'm up for more fighting now after a long hiatus.
  4. T

Bagration (Veers-Soviet vs Silvanski-Axis)

The enemy attacking each other ?? :)
  5. T

Books: what are you currently reading?

"Hitler's Mountain Troops" by James Lucas & "Ortona" by Mark Zuehlke
  6. T

I've heard nothing but good things about this one.
  7. T

"Hitler & his Generals: Military Conferences 1942-1945" by David Glantz and ??
  8. T

Battle of the Scheldt

Not really back yet; but I do have access to the forums. :D I expect a return by summer :smoke:
  9. T

Battle of the Scheldt

How about US 104th Inf Div. ?
  10. T

I started reading it about a week ago. I've just reached the Torch landings (page 350 or so) and so far it's a pretty good read. If I'm still around when I finish it, I'll definitely post my thoughts. :thumup:
  11. T

In all fairness, Atkinson does acknowledge the contribution that Irwin's artillerymen made to stopping Rommel at Thala.
  12. T

I also recently received this book ( a XMas gift :D ) and have heard good things about it. Although I have yet to begin reading the book, I should say there wasn't much to be positive about in the Italian Theatre. I've always considered the Italian Campaign as a study in how NOT to fight a...
  13. T

"Panzer Operations" by Erhard Raus "The Devil's Disciples" by Anthony(?) Read
  14. T

off-topic : visit Dublin, ireland

If you happen around Shannon airbase be sure to drop in at Dirty Nellie's :devil:
  15. T

Youngest in forum

Actually, that is a quote from me. She had stayed logged on when I got on the computer, and I didn't realize it until after. :rolleyes: Her earlier postings were asking for help with a school project.
  16. T

Youngest in forum

My daughter posted on the Forum about 7-8 months ago as Tigersqnkid ;) She was 13 then.
  17. T

US vs Third Raich

So what countries did the US attack in 1938 ??
  18. T

Canadian Submarines

British troops train at CFB Suffield, but the agreement is due to run out in 2006. As for the Germans, they pulled out of their training centre at Shilo, Manitoba in 2000. Both the Brits and the Germans, as well as the Italians maintain a permanent presence at Goose Bay, Labrador. The Dutch...
  19. T

Weirdest Weapons of WW2

The "Betty" bomber used to carry it within a dozen or so kilometers of the target. The pilot would light off the rocket in his final dive on the target. Only 75-80 were ever used operationally and they only succeeded in sinking 1 ship. http://users.belgacom.net/aircraft2/avion2/428.html
  20. T

Weirdest Weapons of WW2

You can always look here for ideas. :D http://www.war-forums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12443