Search results

1. R

Proposal to auto-movement

I have a proposal that would greatly simplify the marching of troops in column. Would it be possible while holding ALT key and moving an entire column forward that the column would not get separated if some unit far back has spent all its movement points? It is tedious having to manually put the...
  2. R

"Clouds of Skirmishers"

I remember suggesting this a few years back, along with "artillery gains fatigue by firing" proposal :) And that's unhistorical. How on earth a skirmish chain would stop a formed column in its tracks? There should be some "pushback" - at a cost of yet another opportunity fire a column or a...
  3. R

Close shave for Aufklärungsgruppen

This is the final installment of this AAR. While the range between the battle lines was opening, British fire got suprisingly more accurate, even though all the British battlecruisers concentrated their fire on SMS König, the last ship in German line. German commander, seeing the enemy drop...
  4. R

Both fleets were steaming on paralell course, exchanging broadsides. German gunners proved their worth this time. The conditions were even. Germans, who were windward, were slightly hampered by their own smoke. British, on the other hand, had to stare almost directly into the sun. Nevetheless...
  5. R

German admiral looked at the developments from his flagship Derfflinger All was looking well. His ships, especially the Königs, still being the closest to the enemy, fired admirably. The enemy gunners, though obviously hampered by their own smoke, were shooting reasonably well, repeatedly...
  6. R

It was January 16th 1916, when the dockyards reported that the penetrated turret on SMS Von der Tann was repaired. Three out of four battlecruisers were ready for sea again. The fourth, SMS Seydlitz was still undergoing reparis of the aft turret and magazine, stricken by an English 34,3 cm shell...
  7. R

Thanks. That's not the end, there was another battle, but I haven't had time to finish it yet. The one reported above pales in comparison :P
  8. R

Today I have returned to the game. And, after a couple of minutes, something extraordinary happened. I have noticed a report message "BC Queen Mary is sinking". At first I thought that the one torpedo hit in the stern she suffered before has defied the efforts of her damage control teams. But...
  9. R

In January 1916 somwhere in the middle of the North Sea German Battlecruiser force was doing a reconaissance sweep. Unexpectedly, even though many Zeppelins were scouting the seas, they came across British Battlecruiser Fleet - nine mighty BCs and numerous lighter vessels. Since there were only...
  10. R

Ein grosses Sieg in der Nordsee!

Thanks! As usual I have confused the German articles :paperbag:
  11. R

German Campaign

I really wonder why the AI does such things.
  12. R

The Battle of Emden, Jan 6, 1916

Try. Endless inconclusive or costly night engagements look a whole lot different when the defensive perimeter around the Hochseeflotte is augmented by something sporting 28cm and 17cm guns. In one of my engagements the Preussen and Deutschland first knocked out 4CLs and countless DDs, then...
  13. R

The Battle of Emden, Jan 6, 1916

Great AAR! They prove to be the best suited for night engagements; if only they were a tiny bit faster... It seems something is wrong with the AI there. I have NEVER seen the BC Fleet executing a turn without loosing the formation, sometimes even a collision(s). At times it seems that...
  14. R

Ein grosses Sieg in der Nordsee!

Great Naval Victory in the North Sea! Today, at about 3 PM the 1st Scouting Group and the Hochseeflotte engaged the British Battlecruiser Fleet supported by the 5th Cruiser squadron. The vaunted British admiral Beatty, having learned that the full might of the combined 1st Scouting Group and...
  15. R

Did I get lucky?

This is exactly what I have thought of. I don't want to turn this feature completely off, but the chance of a big Ka-Boom might be reduced. After all, before the release someone stated that it won't happen so often. Edit: Or maybe it happens so often because the British AI does not follow...
  16. R

Night clash in the North Sea

Here's the rest of the screens. One might notice a see-through hole blown in the smokestack of the Antrim. A great piece of eye-candy. Another point for SES.
  17. R

Here are the screens. Yesterday I was writing on my notebook. Since it took me three days to finish that battle, I have utterly forgotten that the British have lost another CL at the very beginning. http://forums.gamesquad.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=23685&stc=1&d=1229591951 The Inconstant...
  18. R

Situation as follows - Hochseeflotte preceeded by the Scouting Group was returning from a fruitless sortie to the Norwegian coast, when the dirigibles scouting over the North Sea reported nearby a British light cruiser squadron steaming NE. To ensure that the precious battleships would be...
  19. R

Togo's Nelson Impression

AAR - Great. AI tactics - Bad :(