Search results

1. David Murray

Draft SASL SOP

Hi PabloGS - my print out is ok but I will work up a different colour scheme...
  2. David Murray

UK gamer looking for weekly live VASL game

Thanks for the responses- I now have some games lined up 😀
  3. David Murray

Draft SASL SOP

Hopefully, this is good to go...
  4. David Murray

UK gamer looking for weekly live VASL game

Hi everyone, been playing ASL on and off for over 25 years - recently returned (again!). I did use VASL 10 or so years ago but have not used it since then. Rule-wise I am pretty good but tactically naive - so if you want an easy win pm me. Looking to play once a week 6-7pm on for a few hours -...
  5. David Murray

Hungarian sceanrios?

That is a bit rich for me...
  6. David Murray

Eastern front scenario recommendations

The Ring and Hill 621 would get my vote - played many times.
  7. David Murray

New counters in Red Factories!

Yes, I now have two sets - one from AoO and from RF. useful in large scenarios so things are not forgotten.
  8. David Murray

What ASL Product Have You Bought Recently?

I am looking back into Vassal, used it last a decade ago. Like many I spend too long in front of a computer screen for work so any use of Vassal will be limited. Thanks for your encouragement.
  9. David Murray

Reverse Slope Defences

That scouser Ben really has a way with words...
  10. David Murray

What ASL Product Have You Bought Recently?

I am getting back into ASL after a quite a break - the problem is now I am a reduced income so need to be a little more careful with my purchases. However, over the last month I have bought AoO, preordered For King & Country (even though I have a copy of WoA), the Rat Charts and have just...
  11. David Murray

OB Bicycles

Smoke OBA failed to appear for my Slovaks. I under-estimated the AFV's ability to charge the hill on the right - the idea was for them to smoke the enemy as they passed through but the Soviets broke beforehand. I am going shortly to continue the game but am worried I don't have enough on the...
  12. David Murray

OB Bicycles

Yea - they put the pedal to the floor and shot down the Q road. Took a few chances with where the ATRs were and tried not to think about lucky street-fighting rolls. I am trying to re-acquaint myself with many rules and maybe that was not the best move - although it allowed me to exercise quite...
  13. David Murray

OB Bicycles

End of turn 2.
  14. David Murray

OB Bicycles

In my solo play through, the bicycles were abandoned at the crossroad (upper-centre). The lead unit took a chance and was broken so the other units dismounted a little way back and advanced from there. In the top centre, 2 LT vz 35(g)s have been plastering the Soviet mortar on the hill to the...
  15. David Murray

OB Bicycles

Thanks for the insight - maybe a job for a half-squad as I am sure I will not need all the bikes again. As bicycles only give an advantage on a road, I think abandoning them might just be the best idea. Neither road looks like the kinda place you want to be peddling down with a -2 DRM. I am also...
  16. David Murray

OB Bicycles

Unfortunately still won't work: 'D15.82 Bicycles may be portaged as one PP, but not during the APh because (like motorcycles) they cannot be moved during the APh.' Struggling to find a use for them in this scenario...
  17. David Murray

OB Bicycles

The problem I see with carrying them around is that bicycles can't move during the APh - which really slows the Slovaks down. Might still be worth it...
  18. David Murray

OB Bicycles

I am sitting with the scenario set up (solo) and trying to work out what to do with the bicycles? I could just ignore them or use them to move south along the Q road. Anyone tried any interesting tactics with them - I can only think about peddling as fast as possible down the Q road if the...
  19. David Murray

SASL, Is it fun?

I have enjoyed it - the fog of war is its particular strength. Depending on the rolls a mission can be quite simple or fiendishly difficult - but the challenge is usually interesting. I think of it as a separate game that uses the same rules as ASL, if you take that approach I think you might...
  20. David Murray

Waterloo 3D Game Dev Feedback

I think the shadows were the shadows of clouds.