Search results

1. B

Fascism

Pedophilia might do it. Alabama republicans are okay with molesters, so you never know. Or, if he started a pro-reparations campaign. That would do it immediately.
  2. B

Fascism

Trump has the full support of his party. Nixon did not, although he never went below 50% support from his base. Trump's popularity among republican voters would have to fall below 60%, otherwise modern republicans will prevent removal. With approval ratings among republicans over 80%, he will...
  3. B

Fascism

But playing with them is such a short term thrill that it is like smoking meth. All fun and games until your teeth fall out.
  4. B

Very Important - Lager in the Wild West...

That didn't answer it's posed question. Burn IT!
  5. B

to halve or not to halve, that is the question

I was aware of the Q&A, but don't want to give it much credence because I too disagree with it. Agree with your opponent how to play it before you pick sides if it's a PTO bug hunt. Otherwise, it probably won't matter as JR says.
  6. B

to halve or not to halve, that is the question

No, fire at a pillbox is not halved for concealment. However, a pillbox represents a separate location and so must be predesignated as the target of fire that only affects one location (e.g. a Small Arms attack).
  7. B

The British European Referendum

Or, the Who.
  8. B

Lenght of the British Isles? That's like the size of Florida, America's wang. Jimi Hendrix playing the Festival puts the lie to that statement. ]
  9. B

I thought he was talking about the Isle of Wight, and I was very confused as I had never heard that the Isle of Wight was anything but part of the UK. Put Isle in front of something and we Americans go all glassy eyed.
  10. B

Fascism

Are you a Russian agent? Whenever Trump does anything you don't like, you attack democrats for not impeaching, something that Trump and the republicans LONG for the democrats to do. Impeachment is your shorthand for "I don't like it but I don't have any solutions except meaningless gestures, so...
  11. B

The populists' choice

Remember when Trump ran against Wall Street? And now he equates the DOW with the country's economy. Elizabeth Warren's new plan targets Wall Street and private equity 'vampires'
  12. B

Kudos to Irelend

Racist Republicans now claiming the Irish are Anglo-Saxon. Well, the code word for "white" that US racists use because they don't like saying "white" as much as they used to.
  13. B

Look How Far We've Come

If this "rally" doesn't recall 1936 Germany, you know nothing about history. 'Send her back!' chant shows Trump's ugly plan to get reelected
  14. B

Books: what are you currently reading?

So far, very good, if a bit too much detail. Basically, the incredibly detailed story of a sensational murder at the dawn of the plainclothes detective, sensational press, and of detective fiction.
  15. B

Very Important - Lager in the Wild West...

It was a railroad terminus. I think, however, that spirits were by far more popular to drink at the time. The amount of liquor people drank in that century is astounding, and makes the temperance movement almost make sense.
  16. B

Simple way to avoid being called a racist

We have 35% of the country denying that racism is a problem. The very 35% with most of the power in the country. Racism is so pervasive I cannot see its end in the USA. This is from the PBS show Newshour, about as milqtoast as you can get in the media, and Lisa Desjardins talking about the...
  17. B

Biden has a pretty decent health care plan / idea

None that don't involve pursuing White Nationalism.
  18. B

The republicans won big in 2010 but BHO still handily won reelection in 2012. The mid-terms are a much smaller voting base, though, which makes it more relevant than 2010 republican landslide. Still, nothing is assured, and nothing will get done much anyway because the republicans will either...
  19. B

Republican support for Trump rises after racially charged tweets: Reuters/Ipsos poll Luckily for the American people, independents and democrat support went the other direction . . .
  20. B

It's surprising that we have to explain racism to racists, but, hey republicans, here's why your party is 100% racist. If You Helped a Racist Become the Most Powerful Person in America, Then You’re a Racist Too