Search results

1. jfardette

VASL PTO League 2019 1st Round Matchups

In a short and bloody WO16 Wildcat Strike, Jim Fardette's Japanese defeated Randy Rossi's Americans. Both sides rolled plenty of snakes, but the Japanese got them while shooting and the Americans got them while taking MCs. A combo sniper/TH Hero killed a Sherman, pushing the Americans close to...
  2. jfardette

VASLeague 2019 General Discussion

Or road/runway as long as it’s not raining maybe
  3. jfardette

No smoke in mud, but can white phosphorous have its other effect, causing MCs without placing a smoke counter? I guess since you don’t place the counter A24.31, you can’t cause casualties. Bummer.
  4. jfardette

A Little Help With Trying To "Intensive Fire" In The Defensive Final Fire Phase...........

Whether you wrote them or not, they are very helpful... ASL Annual / Journal kind of helpful so maybe if they have a column to round out these will find a home. I was the IF intending tank in Pat’s initial post, so I had to wait a turn to burn that adjacent half track. A turn he used to have a...
  5. jfardette

In the East Coast league, Jim Fardette’s Russians fell to Pat Palma’s stalwart Germans in WO13 All the Stops. More Russians fell to that wandering 70mm harassing fire than German guns, as I was far too aggressive and paid dearly for it. We called it after I went 0-8 in the rally phase and then...
  6. jfardette

Strategic considerations for placing rubble..

Turn a multi location building into a single location. No need to worry about those pesky HIP neighbors upstairs. No silly routing upstairs when otherwise surrounded.
  7. jfardette

Enrico, If your league allows for draws, then that is the fairest outcome. The scenario was very much undecided. Chris offered to concede due to his work schedule. Neither of us wants to be relegated to the second line league, we like playing close to our own time zone.
  8. jfardette

In the East Coast League, Chris Chapman’s Americans agreed to a negotiated peace in Venturi Effect, conceding a still very much up in the air contest due to the approaching end of the round. My Italians were trading shots with the GIs, and in all likelihood the game would have been won or lost...
  9. jfardette

VASL Desert League Round 1 Matchups

Nate and I have started our scenario, Red Star, Red Sun. So far my Japanese machine-gunners have done more harm to their own equipment than the enemy infantry, but we hear some planes in the distance so maybe something can be salvaged of the situation.
  10. jfardette

Leader Factory!

A.2, but I appreciate the thought!
  11. jfardette

Leader Factory!

Can you still take casualties for crew small arms if there is no crew? Not to sidetrack your thread Aaron, I think you are on the right track.
  12. jfardette

Leader Factory!

Never thought of that. A little silly, if my opponent tried that I think I would suggest we try another game. I did have an opponent change his TCA and knock a squad off, which then battle hardened and generated a hero. Wasn’t intentional, but the rules do seem to remind us it’s a game and...
  13. jfardette

Leader Factory!

Sorry, this one is new to me. How does being in a CT wreck location generate leaders?
  14. jfardette

In the East Coast League, Chris Chapman and I are playing FT244, Venturi Effect. I have the Italians, Chris is taking the Americans. Both sides have OBA, so this one could get a little dicey if the red chits are one-sided.
  15. jfardette

APCR (ASL Player Comparative Ratings)

You might have to dig so low you break your computer.
  16. jfardette

You can tweak those numbers til the cows come home, some of us scrubs will never make the list... 😢
  17. jfardette

Have to say I am impressed by all the hard work going into this effort. Well done to all involved in keeping player rankings and scenario info, in any format, for the past 30+ years. The wargaming community owes you a debt of gratitude.
  18. jfardette

In the East Coast League, Mark Watson and I have finished FRF96, Flying Circus. Hot German dice cut into Mark's advancing Russians, and a timely fix of the 50L AT Gun spelled Russian defeat in this hard fought scenario. Mark's flanking move with the sleds might have worked better if they...
  19. jfardette

So what is the next HASL from MMP going to be?

I suppose a redo of Tarawa is out of the question?
  20. jfardette

Final Fire Questions

Thanks for the help. I hate this game.