Search results

1. B

What boardgames have you played recently?

Combat Commander, C&C Napolionics, and Talisman.
  2. B

The Ethics of Scenarios With SS

Last I looked, the American's didn't have skulls on their caps. They must have been on the good guys team!!!!!!
  3. B

Damn straight! We invented the fruit rollup! The only food you can unroll and put in a three ring binder as well as fax it to someone! Take THAT!
  4. B

I'm sorry *has a lost look* I'm looking for the NKVD thread titled "Are you an evil commie for playing NKVD scenarios using the Hammer and sickle logo" I think I made a wrong turn and ended up in SS land..... Please help!
  5. B

Baseball Thread, 2011

Well the Pirates ONLY lost 90 games this year. Ther'ye on a roll......
  6. B

OH NO! Pitman's left the ASL forum in a huff...AGAIN!

No. Fort is way too far to the left to be Pitman.
  7. B

OH NO! Pitman's left the ASL forum in a huff...AGAIN!

Sanity: Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same results.
  8. B

New Tuskegee Movie

I don't know about this one. I thought the older Tuskegee Airmen was pert damn good. Why ruin a good thing. Sort of like Pearl Harbor compared to Tora Tora Tora. Confirmation? There's your Confirmation! :)
  9. B

Baseball Thread, 2011

How about a game of chess Dr. Falken? No! Let's play Global Thermonuclear War!
  10. B

Baseball Thread, 2011

The Pirates are in freefall and coming apart (Expected) It looks like they'll likely not finish over .500. Face it the Pirates are a poorly run organization. The ownership puts crap on the field year after year and because of PNC Park they make money hand over fist. Take Andrew McCtchen for...
  11. B

Baseball Thread, 2011

Yes but, have the Cubs had 18 straight losing seasons? A feat no professional team in any American sport has done. I'm not complaining at all about a World Seres. The way baseball is messed up, a small market team like the Bucs has only a fluke chance of seeing a world series. God...
  12. B

Baseball Thread, 2011

I think Honus Wagner owned Ty Cobb in the 09 series! Just a bit before I wa.. Err, my Grandfather was born. I think your Tigers might just pull it off this year. Jim Leyland is a GREAT manager. I agree about the Phillies name.... I think the Pirates 18 year losing streak is the longest...
  13. B

Conflict of Heroes

WOW! Conflict of heroes is a squad level light tactical game. It seems more focused on small firefights less than company sized. So, I’m going to do a comprehensive review of it after some honest play time. Have you ever opened a game-box and expected at best the norm? As a cardboard...
  14. B

Winter of Discontent AP 19

Moving along with our Few Returned mini-campaign, Gruppo Nord defends the town of Chertkovo. Victory in this scenario is granted to the side that amasses the most VP’s, CVP as well as 1VP for each building hex. The Axis has his normal allotment of OB and several counterattack groups from which...
  15. B

Someone needs to put Panzer Grenadier on VASSAL

PBEM would be too painful. Has anyone ever tried using Teamspeak or Ventrilo? Use that and a dice server and you're all set. It's FTF live without being FTF. Game time takes a lil bit longer, but not much. I never tried PG like this but we've done a few of the naval games, it worked out just swell.
  16. B

Which should I play -- Panzer Grenadier or Advanced Squad Leader?

"Then there is the enemy trying to muck this all up" Yeah. My son and his ungodly lucky rolls with OBA.
  17. B

I think the Ugo/Igo in ASL is a con myself. Not to take away from one of my favorite game systems of all time. It's just after playing it for so long you get into all the gaminess of Ugo/Igo. I always called it Rubik's Cube tactics. Move death stacks up, fire, kill, and advance away. Not that...
  18. B

In the mid 70's I stumbled into the local hobby shop and a game called Richthofen's war caught my eye. Back then AH was the Cadillac of cardboard war games. As we played one we'd save a few bucs and purchase another off the shelf. Tactics II, AK, PB. But, one day by luck I bought a new game...