Search results

1. holdit

The British European Referendum

Please indicate which part of the referendum question covered the form that "leaving" would take.
  2. holdit

There is so much nonsense in that article that it would only convince the already-committed, which is more than likely the intention with which it was written.
  3. holdit

ASL Films

Thanks I may have missed the significance of that. I just saw the (what I feel to be clichéd at this point) clumps of men charging at each other in open ground and thought "Here we go again..." :)
  4. holdit

ASL Films

I've seem most of "The Battle of Brest". Unfortunate there is one cringe-inducing scene where the Russians leave perfectly good cover to go hand-to-hand with the Germans, who of course oblige instead of dropping and shooting the Russians as they approach. The same thing happened in a French...
  5. holdit

Current Private Eye cover...
  6. holdit

Big surprise. Tories are prepared to destroy the village in order to...er...save it. They'd also like to sell their cow for some WTO magic beans.
  7. holdit

What an idiotic question to have asked.
  8. holdit

...and lose the access to the markets that is paid for by those contributions. The losses here are already being felt as FDI in the Eurozone increases, while it decreases in the UK. ...which they already are. Not that it would make much difference, since the UK has voted in favour of 88%-95%...
  9. holdit

Ah...sorry. :)
  10. holdit

Britain: https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/boris-johnson-tax-cut-tory-leadership-race-brexit-a8952881.html
  11. holdit

Based on current evidence it'll be given away in tax cuts to those who least need it.
  12. holdit

Well they do seem to be short of answers when pressed, e.g.
  13. holdit

Television: what shows are you currently watching?

(Currently on Season 2 out of 5) and when it comes back in the autumn...
  14. holdit

It's what happens when a country decides to cut off its economic nose to spite its face. What cards would the UK now hold if the cabinet, civil service and parliament were Brexiteer? What leverage did the UK have over the EU that was given away?
  15. holdit

A subtitle too far

Check out this classic, epic war movie with CC switched on (English-auto generated), the skip to scenes where German, Dutch or Polish is spoken, and enjoy... Sample:
  16. holdit

Not really. The vote was never meant to be binding, it was just that the Tories promised they would implement the decision, so there are three scenarios in which Brexit might be stopped: 1. A new vote including the option of remaining. If remain was the choice, that would be democratic by...
  17. holdit

Music: what are you Listening to now?

My current Top 3: ...but it'll be different next week. :)