Search results

1. RandyT0001

Can you identify the highlighted symbol?

Anybody?
  2. RandyT0001

Hero scenarios

Looked at the Archive and no way to search. Which scenarios have hero counters?
  3. RandyT0001

AoO, BV, and SK 1 - 3 at Printers

I received confirmation from Perry on the ASL Starter Kit Facebook group that Armies of Oblivion, Beyond Valor and Starter Kits 1, 2, and 3 are at the printers. Hopefully, by the end of the month or middle of August orders will be shipping.
  4. RandyT0001

Show Off Your Precision Dice

Mine as of April 2018 Thinking about buying the America Series, 1st Army D-Day die, and the US Parachute Infantry Dice from the Market Garden set
  5. RandyT0001

Tournament Food Poll

After reading Martin's post about Tournament Likes / Dislikes and seeing that available food tops the list I decide to poll ASL players about their preferences for meals during a tournament.
  6. RandyT0001

Memphis Metro Area and Mid South Region Wargaming Club

My name is Cary Tyler and I am trying to create a board & counter wargaming club in this region. If interested meet me at The Cellar Tabletop Games & Comics, 2737 Bartlett Blvd, Bartlett, TN 38134 at 1PM local time on Sunday, March 18th. For more information you can contact me through this...
  7. RandyT0001

Rate the Leaders in BoB

After reading this thread: http://www.gamesquad.com/forums/index.php?threads/do-you-put-2-leaders-on-your-designs.134116/ I wondered how the community would judge the various leaders from the book and/or mini-series "Band of Brothers". Just list the ones you have an opinion and please give a...
  8. RandyT0001

What is best in ASL life?

To crush my opponent, to see him cry and sob in defeat, after blowing the turrets off his tanks, after capturing all of his infantry for extra VPs, then to hear the lamentations of his wife for her embarrassment of the husband's waste of money on the game. :jig:
  9. RandyT0001

Request for contact information

If anybody has contact email addresses for Ted Bleck, author of several ASL articles, reviews, etc. and Alan Freedman, author of ASL articles, scenarios, etc. please forward them to me in a private conversation. I seek permission to re-print one of their articles they co-wrote.
  10. RandyT0001

Will U B Waylaid on the Hill Overlay?

Hill extension for hill 547 and 534 on board 3. 1 on 3I3 and 2 on 3J3 for the base hill overlay. Be careful when trimming for connection to 3K5, don't overtrim too much too soon. The five hex half moon overlays #1 on 3G6, #2 on 3G5. The two hex hill goes in the same location while the single hex...
  11. RandyT0001

More Wasted Effort on Overlays

I made another overlay. This one is for board 2, the one with the hills. The sheet has two extensions which bridge the gap between the two hills. One has a roadway over the hills and the other does not have a road crossing the hills. The vegetation associated with this area on the board are...
  12. RandyT0001

In Grain Road Overlays

Yes, I have a created another overlay monster, road overlays. They can be used for ASL or SL. Like before set your printer margins to 1/4 inch and it should print, landscape format, at a scale suitable for use on the boards. There are no position numbers and really never can be. I refer to them...
  13. RandyT0001

Cross of Iron Overlays

With Cross of Iron AH introduced terrain substitution into the SL system, no hills, hills are woods, etc. Some players have a difficult time visualize these substitutions. I went through the Cross of Iron scenarios that I could find and made overlays for the terrain substitutions except for...
  14. RandyT0001

Cross of Iron Overlays

With Cross of Iron AH introduced terrain substitution into the SL system, no hills, hills are woods, etc. Some players have a difficult time visualize these substitutions. I went through the Cross of Iron scenarios that I could find and made overlays for the terrain substitutions except for...
  15. RandyT0001

2017 Scenario Design Contest

Scenario Design Contest Salerno to Cassino (http://www.history.army.mil/catalog/pubs/6/6-3.html) is the sole reference and research source for the battle upon which to base the scenario design. Any other people wishing to enter before the official start of the contest must choose a battle and...
  16. RandyT0001

Any Interest in a New Scenario Design Contest

After reading the threads associated with the Monkeys with Typewriters scenario design contest I thought people might be interested in doing it again. Unlike MwT, this will be three different contests, ETO, MTO and PTO. I wrote some guidelines for the contests and an integrated schedule for the...
  17. RandyT0001

Newbie needs tutor for weekend VASL+Skype games

I am a new player to ASL. I am looking for a tutor to teach me the game on the weekends using VASL. I am available from 10 AM until about 5PM Central Time (US) Saturday and from 11AM until about 5PM on Sunday. From the recommended ASL Learning Scenarios list here on GS, I have the following...
  18. RandyT0001

Greater Fear In Italy

Which unit caused the most fear in the German soldiers defending Italy, the Gurkha Regiments or the First Special Service Regiment?
  19. RandyT0001

Was the 30th Infantry Division the best American division of WW2?

"The 30th Infantry Division was ranked the best division in the European Theater by a team of 35 historical officers headed by the U.S. Army's official historian, S.L.A. Marshall." In the Presence of Soldiers by Woody McMillin, p.385 If it wasn't the best American division of WW2, then what...