Search results

1. Binchois

British Carrier Note Q

British MAVN Note Q applies to many of the nation's Carriers: Q. The ATR has a maximum To Hit range of 12 hexes (as signified by "[12]TH" on the counter) and may be Scrounged/Removed. If optional, it is always available and has a 1.1 RF. If listed as MA, it has a "1" Multiple ROF. If it is a...
  2. Binchois

Broken in Crest

We're in the last gasps of "Cibik's Ridge" and I'm clutching at straws here. My last U.S. full-squad (w/MMG) was just broken by snipe while in Crest status atop a jungle-gully (X4, if you require all the gory details). With the IJA pressing hard, the Devil Dogs are not likely to survive unless...
  3. Binchois

You only get one set of dogtags!

Hi All! I've noticed that Lone Canuck's fun little Anzio pack includes counters with repeated SMC names. The play-tester and designer names (Cusler, Martuzas, McLeod, Howarth, Mitchell) show up repeatedly, and in a couple cases, the same name occurs on almost (but why just "almost"?) every...
  4. Binchois

Alt-hex FLs and hexside hindrance

A case of self-doubt here...probably just a stupid question: Do non-excluded hindrances (like Orchard or Graveyard) apply to an Alternative Hex Grain Fire Lane when a direct LOF to the target Location would not cross the hindrance itself? As an example, refer to the example found in A9.221...
  5. Binchois

Hexside LOS

I can't remember what is the industry standard in such cases: Board 37 has at least two hexes (F9 and L7 on my copy of the map) where the woods (light jungle in my game) extend right up to the hexside. When drawing LOS along such hexsides, is the LOS considered blocked as per inherent terrain...
  6. Binchois

Concealed, Snap-Dash!

Gentlemen: I am using ASL 181 (Gavin Take) as a teaching scenario to help a fellow Forumite relearn the ASLRB. A complex situation arose, and I don't want to steer a guy the wrong way! Here's the situation: Concealed U.S. Paratrooper in U2 wants to reach W3 while avoiding an obvious, concealed...
  7. Binchois

HASL Boards

A couple of thoughts to get your reaction to... My basement now possesses a great new, expandable table that can easily accommodate very large scenarios and most HASLs (Hatten, VotG, Corregidor, RO, RB, etc). Only the full, four-panel, Schmidt/Kommerscheidt map overhangs slightly on the short...
  8. Binchois

Farthest Shot Ever?

Roger (a.k.a. rdw5150) offered this interesting aside in a recent post: Now I don't know Roger (or his guitar), but this seemed like an original question to pose to all and sundry. What was the furthest shot you ever took? Can't say I have any idea myself, though I doubt I ever hit 48...
  9. Binchois

Hobbits in the Trenches!

Perhaps old news, but I only learned today about Peter Jackson's new WWI Documentary. Some truly painstaking restoration and manipulation makes 100-year old footage look so real, so modern, and so alive. Here's a link - article contains five or six short - but astonishingly vivid - clips...
  10. Binchois

Prisoners in bypass

A HS guard with [quite a few] prisoners attempts to bypass a building that contains friendly units at ground level. Enemy fire scores a lucky NMC which CRs the guard while leaving the prisoners mostly intact. What happens now? This took place during the last MPh of a scenario, but outside of...
  11. Binchois

Drifting smoke across interior building

Fire on the ground floor of X7! :yell: How would one work the drifting smoke here? The building is Ground Level only with a Level 1 and 2 Steeple in Y7. By rule (A24.61), the blaze-hex smoke rises to Level 4, but would not drift into the interior of building hex, Y7.... A) Would there still...
  12. Binchois

MF #8 versus bypassed AFV

A Berserker is charging an enemy AFV in bypass of a wooden building. While it survives heavy fire, it reaches the hex adjacent with only one MF remaining. Ordinarily, Infantry cannot expend its last MF in bypass: A4.32 BROKEN IN BYPASS: Infantry that voluntarily ends its MPh in an obstacle hex...
  13. Binchois

ODGI Steinways

A colleague of mine has created a fascinating lecture recital which - surprisingly - ties my love of pianos with the world of ASL. I think might be of interest to Forumites (possibly common knowledge, though when I learned he was working on this, it was all news to me :rolleyes:). The topic was...
  14. Binchois

RB Nooks & Crannies

I today received a Gamesquad Alert that someone has liked (for the seventh time) a simple answer I gave to a question, now three days ago (much appreciated guys!!): http://www.gamesquad.com/forums/index.php?threads/paatc-versus-partially-armored-vehicle.148563/ I note this as it was one of...
  15. Binchois

British WP

Does the British 3" MTR (OML 3-in) get WP in 1940?! The counter and British Ordnance Note 2 shows no limitations to its listed "WP7", though SMOKE and IR are date restricted (1941 and 1942 respectively). Is there some generic WP date restriction I am missing?
  16. Binchois

F11.611 Errata

To anyone who understands this: Both the MMP website and my pocket ASLRB include the following Erratum listed under Chapter F: F11.611: If an ATTACKER enters a DEFENDER's Location during the MPh across a hexside (or from a vertex) that lies within the latter's Sun Blindness Zone, the Sun...
  17. Binchois

Errata issued in J8-J10?

I have much of the week off, so have decided to finally update my various RBs... For this project, I consulted MMP's website, my pocket RB's Errata pages (dated June 1, 2015), plus those included in ASL Journals 11 and 12. Except for the J11 and J12, most of these conformed with my eASLRB's...
  18. Binchois

Speaking of halftracks... Passenger Leader Bonus

It's the beginning of their MPh. A German leader is stacked with two squads (one with MMG) inside a single-story house, with a halftrack in bypass. The leader loads onto to the ht along with the non-MMG squad. The other squad stays on foot and would like to use armored assault with the...
  19. Binchois

AFV Smoke Dispenser and Start

This is similar to a question just asked by GeorgeBates, but came up in my morning logfile. Situation: An AFV attempts a Smoke Dispenser as his first activity of the MPh. The attempt fails, so zero MPs spent so far. Question: Has the player committed that vehicle to complete its MPh? Or can he...
  20. Binchois

Happy Thanksgiving!

I'm surprised no one beat me too it, but here's hoping everyone has a great day no matter where you live. In sentiment, few holidays make as much sense as this one does. And to all of us in the U.S: enjoy the family, food, football, and whatever else makes the day special for you. ...I'm glad...