Search results

1. Swiftandsure

A2.51 Off board hill hexes

I would ask the question in the LFT Unofficial Support folder.
  2. Swiftandsure

OF 14 Decision at Dubno : what is a damaged RR Bridge?

Thank you. Things are clear now.
  3. Swiftandsure

OF 14 Decision at Dubno : what is a damaged RR Bridge?

Hi all, Special rule of scenario OF14 Decision at Dubno says : "The railroad is a GLRR (B32.1) with a damaged RR Bridge (B32.14) located in hex I9; ist initial weight limit is 10-tons (B6.42)." I don't seem to find the definition of a damaged RR Bridge - or a damage Bridge. Is the mention...
  4. Swiftandsure

7.5cm IeIG 18 & 76.2mm PP obr. 27 in Chinese use

See chapter C footnote 29: The problem here is that the guns are the same, requiring the same crew size and the same ammo storage volume. I don't think that any reality argument can be invoked to explain the difference. The only reason is that an ART gun in ASL doesn't have a gunshield...
  5. Swiftandsure

Infantry 'changing direction' while in Bypass

When Klas says "I think", he is simply explaining that the rules are indeed not that clear about a topic. He expresses that he is not absolutely sure of his answer and that, perhaps, there should be some clarification or erratum in the rules. Not being able to grasp the possibility of that...
  6. Swiftandsure

Have so many other tactical systems hurt ASL?

How many full ASL players have moved to SK only? I don't think so many.
  7. Swiftandsure

CX and 'timing' of reduced PP capacity

A CX squad has an IPC of 2PP anyway, so no effect. Now, if it were carrying a 3PP SW, its CX MF reduction to 5 would not change if it dropped the SW. No difference with normal movement.
  8. Swiftandsure

"As Luck Would Have It" SSR 2 foxholes as rout and rally terrain

A10.61 lists Trenches among the Rally Bonus terrains - which thus provide a comparable situation with the SSRed foxholes. It speaks of a "Rally attempt". A10.6 says that broken units attempt to rally. So I would say that it is the Broken unit's position which counts, that is : it benefits from...
  9. Swiftandsure

Russian Vehicle Note J

I think that "possibly" is more a fluff text than the core of the rule. The problem is with the notion of "usable". But rule D13 has some occurrences of words of the same stem as "usable" : D13.2 USAGE D13.3 FIRING: When a player wishes his AFV to attempt smoke dispenser use he makes a DR (Δ)...
  10. Swiftandsure

Moving Crews in Hatten

I am not sure that in real life a crew would swap its tank with anothers' one, excepted for great necessity. The crewmen organised the interior of their tank with personal belongings (beverages, etc.) and would reluctantly let someone else "dwell" in it.
  11. Swiftandsure

Thread for ideas on KWASL's Steep Hills rules addition.

The Stonne module prohibits vehicles moving up the forested hills and forces them follow the road - with the hex exiting the sunken road being problematic, as the French can concentrate all their AT defenses on it.
  12. Swiftandsure

T26 M33 and M37 with AAMG question.

A Rider hero. But he could not fire the CMG at the same time and I am not sure that he could FG the AAMG with a BU crew firing the CMG.
  13. Swiftandsure

T26 M33 and M37 with AAMG question.

T-26 have a RST, so the answer is no. D1.321 RESTRICTED SLOW TRAVERSE (RST): Some tanks of the ST Type had a turret/crew arrangement such that the MA and CMG could not be used while the commander was CE
  14. Swiftandsure

Random Selection--light to dark dice arrangement

I sort them by numerical results. Now, a question that requires crucial advice : with what hand do you throw the dice (or the glass containing them)? I really need help, because I are am at a total loss about using common sense and solving the problem by myself.
  15. Swiftandsure

Canister Rules C8.4

You check LOS after having declared you fired anyway Any of the targets in Locations out of LOS are not affected. Better keep things simple.
  16. Swiftandsure

Case A for turreted weapons

It is quite logical - traversing a CA less incurs less DRM. No need to call the rules four lettered names. Are you new to ASL? It seems that the questions you ask about the rules are mostly accompanied by suggestions to rewrite them and (under)state that the game system is flawed.
  17. Swiftandsure

If it fires at a target inside the current TCA, it applies the Case A DRM that was used when the CA was changed previously to reach that TCA - if any - during that Fire Phase.
  18. Swiftandsure

Either it did swivel the TCA to fire at T7 or U8, and had to turn it a second time to fire at W9 : only the last TCA chage counts, so +2 Case a DRM - the first change vs. T7 or U8 doesn't apply. Or it didn't change TCA to fire previously to firing at W9, and +3 Case A DRM applies, as two...
  19. Swiftandsure

Missing Counter Series: TCA markers with change DRM

I do that too. I think that, unless one is playing with a very large number of tanks, where one may partially fire a number of tanks before firing again with the first ones, memory works. Or a little die to indicate the DRM - or a small handwritten post-it... I am not convinced by adding a...
  20. Swiftandsure

Missing Counter Series: TCA markers with change DRM

I would place a small die (d6 or d10) next to the vehicle, to indicate the positive CA DRM modifiers. That would save some trees (or a branch, or a twig).