Search results

1. J

MM09 Old Child Harbor

Yep - just don't do it. Intensive Fire is for when you know the thing is going to die anyway........... Many thanks for another entertaining AAR.
  2. J

Update of 8 games posted at my blog

The Bitche Salient. I got that scenario in the General back in the 80's and thought - that looks great! Here I am in 2019 and I still have not found an opponent who wants to play it. I was going to play it at the upcoming Double One tourny but my opponent has just given up ASL and sold all their...
  3. J

J 186 Castles on the Horizon

[ Thank you. I think you got the gist of what I meant........
  4. J

Published in English for the first time - Stalingrad by Vasily Grossman review – one of the great novels of the 20th century.

Just to make sure, because you never know, that was my attempt at humour :)
  5. J

Now that reminds me of A70 Wintergewitter............AFV's hiding in Wadi's.
  6. J

I have exactly the same problem - my tanks end up becoming blazing wrecks. I asked Craig Benn about this and he pointed out that moving a tank across another tanks LOS was just death. Hiding round objects, preventing your opponent from moving forward whilst not giving him a shot on...
  7. J

Published in English for the first time - Stalingrad by Vasily Grossman review – one of the great novels of the 20th century.

Review here: https://www.theguardian.com/books/2019/jun/03/stalingrad-by-vasily-grossman-review Do you think that the publisher is cashing in on the buzz created by the release of Red Factories :)
  8. J

J150 The Sangshak Redemption

I picked that up from an AAR somewhere.....looks like my opponent at Double One needs an apology from me. Luckily I remember that he cleared them out with fire and failure to rout :) I thought at the time there goes my cunning plan: Many thanks for pointing that out.
  9. J

J150 The Sangshak Redemption

The sleaze here is to deploy a squad and put it in the church steeple. You cannot CC in there, you have to blast it away and that has the potential to slow the offense / counter attack.
  10. J

Sissukoni 2019

And a third please ? I'll even wear the sponsors logo on a t shirt............
  11. J

London 22 May

Good luck with the negotiations - hope you make it. I might be there if I can stand the 7 hour drive. Stuck here in East Kent I am off to the nearest tourny to me - Villeneuve D'Ascq to upset everyone by speaking English loudly at them :) https://simulateurs.wordpress.com/evenements/asl-ring/
  12. J

London 22 May

Craig - you are the worst addict I have met - get help:) Thanks for Mark's phone number - I gave him a call and he's happy for me to pass his file on to Martyn Mayers at Double One. You going to that?
  13. J

Boxcars on the mortar TH roll - demonstrated

There are quite a few of those on the internet - someone shouting Allahu Akbar ! and then boom: I think mortars might need a lower B# number?
  14. J

MM54 Lump Holds the Line

Many thanks
  15. J

CONSCRIPTS! 10th May to 12th May 2019, Nedensdorf, GERMANY

If it is an ASL player that threatened to kill you Magnus I would not loose much sleep over it :) None of us are in the best physical shape......... Hopefully it did not spoil the event for you.
  16. J

CONSCRIPTS! 10th May to 12th May 2019, Nedensdorf, GERMANY

You are getting to a lot of tournys Magnus - I'm jealous :) See you at Double One.
  17. J

MM54 Lump Holds the Line

It is good of him to put up these AAR's, it must be a lot of work. Next time you see him tell him I said thank you. I hope that you do not mind me asking questions - just trying to make sure that I'm getting things right. As someone said, no perfect game of ASL has ever been...
  18. J

MM54 Lump Holds the Line

Thanks - this must come about by smoke / machine guns / MA not being mentioned in D 6.21? I must admit if I was on a tank that started firing its MA , machine guns and letting off smoke I would not be happy about being a rider. Would the MA noise not deafen you?
  19. J

MM54 Lump Holds the Line

Now that is a good question. I think that you are OK - but I am no rules expert. I played someone who used riders and fired the main gun. He stated that it was only when you twist your turret that they have to bail out and I took him to be correct when I looked at D 6.21. I would love to know if...