Search results

1. Swiftandsure

TCA change DRM carrying from DFF to DFPh ?

Hi all, I am just checking here that I played this right. A tank Defensive First Fires vs. a moving infantry unit, pivoting its turret to fire its CMG - and applying the appropriate TCA change DRM to its attack. During the DFPh, it wants to fire its Gun vs. an enemy tank which is in its TCA...
  2. Swiftandsure

B8.2-8.3 Attacking discovered units in a Sewer from manhole other than by First/Final Defensive Fire

No to both. B8.2 requires discovery earlier that Player Turn. ....Perry MMP
  3. Swiftandsure

B23.743 Factory and falling Rubble (B24.12)

Hi all, Can a 1.5 or 2.5 level high Factory generate Falling Rubble as per B24.12? As it doesn't have an upper level, I would believe that it doesn't, but I need confirmation (or infirmation). Thanks in advance for the answers.
  4. Swiftandsure

RO1 Blood on the Tracks VC corrected

Perry asked that the following erratum of RO1 VC were posted here : We discovered that in converting the VC from in terms of what the defender's goals are to the attacker's goals, we DID mess up the VC. The VC should read: VICTORY CONDITIONS: The Germans win at game end if there are no Good...
  5. Swiftandsure

RO1 Blood on the tracks VC revised by Perry Cocke

Perry asked that the following erratum of RO1 VC were posted here : We discovered that in converting the VC from in terms of what the defender's goals are to the attacker's goals, we DID mess up the VC. The VC should read: VICTORY CONDITIONS: The Germans win at game end if there are no Good...
  6. Swiftandsure

B8.2-8.3 Attacking discovered units in a Sewer from manhole other than by First/Final Defensive Fire

Hi all, Situation: a unit moved by Sewer and was Discovered (per a B8.42 Sewer Emergence chart dr of >7) in a hex with a Manhole Location occupied by an enemy unit. Here are my questions: 1) Can the DEFENDER in the Manhole Location immediately DFF at it (as the B8.42 dr is done at the end of...
  7. Swiftandsure

B32.12 Is an EmRR Inherent Terrain?

Does the 32.12 statement : " EmRR hexes are treated as Hillock (F6.) hexes for LOS, TEM, and COT purposes" mean that an EmRR is Inherent terrain, like a Hillock is? Yes.
  8. Swiftandsure

O5.43 EX #2 Squad I (non) LOS to squad C

Hi all, I am trying to (re)learn RB (now RF) Factory LOS rules - which I always had some difficulty to grasp on some of their aspects... I am trying to understand why, in the O5.43 EX #2 on page O5, why the squad I has no LOS to squad C. Squad I is higher than the Interior walls, so the Interior...
  9. Swiftandsure

A rare occurrence

Hi, A 9 morale leader in a fortified stone building is hit by WP, which makes him roll a NMC with -4 DRM (corresponding to the TEM). He rolls 12... and passes his MC, but is broken and must roll for wound severity (A10.31 Casualty MC). I think this is the first time I see that rare occurrence...
  10. Swiftandsure

A20.55 ESCAPE : what if a Prisoner fails its NTC?

Hi all, Situation 1 : About A20.55 ESCAPE : a Prisoner is guarded by a broken unit; it wants to attack the squad but fails its NTC. Questions : 1.1 Does one still consider that a CC situation occurs? 1.2 If there is an unbroken unit friendly to the broken guard, can it attack the MMC? 1.3 If...
  11. Swiftandsure

BFP-28 Marco Polo Bridge - Perimeter half hexes

Hi all, I am about to play BFP-28 Marco Polo Bridge. The perimeter defined in SBR 2 cuts through hexes (e.g. 22I6, 22K6, 40Q2). Are those partially covered hexes part of the perimeter? For an example, 22K6 building seems to be part of the perimeter - after what I have understood of the Mission...
  12. Swiftandsure

A11.15 Concealed Gun losing concealment and Melee

Hi all, A enemy squad advanced in a concealed Gun's Location in a concealment terrain hex. The Gun's crew decided not to CC and the squad didn't manage to eliminate the crew during CC. The Gun thus remained concealed and wasn't locked in Melee. Now, during the PFPh of the next player Turn, the...
  13. Swiftandsure

Is Sparafucil3 (Jim Bishop) still around?

Hi all, I sent a pm to Sparafucil3 but he hasn't answered it. Is he still active here? If there is another way that I can contact him, someone could give me the information by pm. Thanks in advance.
  14. Swiftandsure

Precision die's uncommon behaviour

Hi, This is the first time this happens to me with one of my precision dice... I swear that I threw it. Should I revert to non precision dice? Or use sharp edged ones - this one is a professional backgammon one? Or is that die just making fun of me? (Its buddy in the rear of the image is...
  15. Swiftandsure

Battle Hymn, vol. 2 : Shiloh and Bentonville, on preorder

For those of us who like ACW wargames, the second volume of Eric Lee Smith's Battle Hymn system is on preorder at Compass Games. Here : https://www.compassgames.com/preorders/battle-hymn-vol-2-shiloh-and-bentonville.html Battle Hymn is the rebirth of acclaimed Across 5 Aprils, with an improved...
  16. Swiftandsure

D3.7 A11.62 AFV CC attack rolls B#

Hi all, Is an AFV "firing" when making a CC attack vs Infantry, which would make (after what I understand of D3.7) rolling the B# of its CMG/IFE used malfunction them? EDIT : I found out the answer by myself...
  17. Swiftandsure

BFP-140 Iron Greetings : BT-5 M34 version ?

Hi all, The abovementioned scenario presents in the Russian OB BT-2A with the "BFP" marking, but BT-5 M34 without that marking and an overhead non coloured depiction corresponding to the MMP counter. My question is : does one select the MMP version of the counters - the only difference being...
  18. Swiftandsure

Today, 1st August 1944...

Was the beginning of the Warsaw uprising. Resistance was crushed while the Soviet forces lingered not far from the city. Does someone have news of the now old project of a HASL on the subject ?
  19. Swiftandsure

A11.8 Street fighting Ambush and concealment

Hi all, A concealed unit passes its PAATC and attacks an ADJ (lone) AFV on a road hex, using Street Fighting. The attack succeeds. Does the attacking unit retain concealment?
  20. Swiftandsure

B25.651 Gusts and SMOKE

Hi all, I never seem to be able to wrap my mind around the effects on Gusts on SMOKE. B25.651 says : "A Gust eliminates all dispersed SMOKE and disperses all non-dispersed SMOKE currenlty on the board". But the ASOP speaks of Dispersing smoke or eliminating Dispersed SMOKE twice in a Turn ...