Search results

1. c600g

VASLeague 2019 General Discussion

A quick shout out to Jim Hunter - I've tried to email you to set up our scenario, but haven't heard back from you. If you're out there, maybe check your spam folder? Alan
  2. c600g

Building control and minefields

Thanks much, JR. I'm trying to come up with a cunning defensive plan for SX5 Where the Iron Crosses Grow. Back to the drawing board! Alan
  3. c600g

Building control and minefields

If I place one of my minefields in a building hex (single building in open ground), and if my opponent moves into that hex and breaks due to the minefield attack, is the building considered to be controlled by my opponent? Technically, the minefield attack occurs on entry of the hex, but if it...
  4. c600g

B9.32 Wall Advantage

You omitted the exception at the end of that 9.32 sentence that you quoted (at least in my rules - as you note, the WA rules have been updated): "A unit claiming WA is still considered occupying any obstacle/terrain as it would if not claiming WA for all purposes (e.g., Concealment Terrain...
  5. c600g

New program to help set up VASL scenarios

I created an issue in the GitHub repository in regards to running the app in a docker container. Just FYI! Alan
  6. c600g

FrF86 Belgian Tigers: Belgians - KRAUSE, Germans - BOCK Alan
  7. c600g

In the Second Line League, John Bock and I (Alan Krause) will be playing FrF86 Belgian Tigers when he gets back from vacation. Alan
  8. c600g

So what scenarios have you played Recently?

Played DB143 Fausts at Wethen with Steve Bond today, and the losing streak continues (due to hitting the CVP cap of 19). As the Americans, I could not find a way to crack his defenses, and the half-tracks went up in flames way too easily to MG fire. I kept out of range of his 'fausts and...
  9. c600g

Understood. This scenario is particularly dicey, and I am in the middle of an incredibly long losing streak. Hence the personal morale crisis. ;< Alan
  10. c600g

Played ASL Scenario 23 Under the Noel Trees today, as the American. First TH roll was boxcars, and that was pretty much all she wrote. I'll leave you all with this cheerful image of my VASL DRs. I am beginning to think that this game does not like me at all. Alan
  11. c600g

How do you like to organize your vehicle counters?

I'm moving my counter storage from Darice bead trays to Hozan trays, and am finally looking at organizing my 5/8" vehicle and gun counters. I settled on Chapter H order, and here are the Russkies: Alan
  12. c600g

I'm looking forward to playing in the 2019 league as well, Enrico (played in 2nd line league in 2018). Thanks for the organizational efforts, Alan
  13. c600g

pillbox exit into bamboo

I think that makes perfect sense and is consistent with the entrenchment rules as well. So, to summarize the pillbox / bunker stuff, we have this: [Note: The HS is IN the pillbox in hex M13, and the squad is NOT IN the trench in N13.] 1. Both pillboxes are bunkers since the hexes containing...
  14. c600g

Last Friday, Steve Bond and I played 4.5 turns of Primosolee Bridge CG III Scenario 13 July Night. As the defending Italians, I was very dismayed about the setup restrictions. Essentially, almost all of the benefits given to a Scenario Defender in a Night scenario are negated by the setup...
  15. c600g

pillbox exit into bamboo

I've had a few recent scenarios played with pillboxes, and I'd like to piggy-back on this topic a bit. Can a unit advance from a hex adjacent to a hex containing a (non-occupied) pillbox, and into the pillbox in the same APh? At first, I thought that this would not be allowed per A4.7: "A unit...
  16. c600g

In preparation for my first CG (Primosole Bridge), Steve Bond and I played J95 Typical German Response over the course of the last two Fridays on VASL. Steve is now my "regular" opponent, and it is very cool that the internet and VASL allows this possibility, despite a time difference of +19...
  17. c600g

Missing rules section: "HIP" for dummies

I just want to know where all the HIP counters are? Alan
  18. c600g

Primosole Bridge CGIII Initial Setup Q

I am starting to setup for my first ASL CG, Primosole Bridge from Journal 6 (CG #3). I am setting up as the soon to be road-kill Italians, and have a question on the initial setup: "Elements of the 372nd Coastal Defense Battalion of the 213th Coastal Defense Division of the Italian XVI Corps...
  19. c600g

barbed wire fences

Hudson: "They're all around us, man. Jesus!" Alan
  20. c600g

Today in ASL I ... (Day to day ASL doings)

And.... *boom*, there goes my skull. Alan