Search results

1. witchbottles

Something from the Pacific Fleet in WW 2

"C" Turret ( #3 Aft Turret - Main Battery) - coming up and off the USS Arizona on 2/25/1942. crew is unthreading the cannon barrel so it can be lifted separately. Cannon barrel from the USS Arizona - this one was removed for relining in September 1941. Was installed along with the salvaged...
  2. witchbottles

Why I WON'T be Shopping at Sam's Club or Wal-Mart......

Because, yeah, that's it, the holiday weekend is all about partying and enjoying a BBQ. Go fuck yourself, Sam Walton and crew. You have the right to express this viewpoint, good men and women paid for that right - I have the right to boycott your insensitive and selfish and greedy...
  3. witchbottles

Sugarloaf Hill Playtesting Underway!!!

Both sides had a tough go starting this little armored assault scenario - Seems neither the Marines nor the IJA brought anyone capable of firing any kind of SW to any kind of effect :) The Marines DC teams did get into position to climb and take out the occupied caves with their DCs, and the...
  4. witchbottles

my new generation anti theft device

Works best in neighborhoods full of millennials.
  5. witchbottles

Missing Counter

The somewhat routine practice of fitting 14 PIAT projectors to a Carrier, capable of barrage discharging all 14 HEAT warheads.... We need a counter and Cptr H notes for this peculiar creature.
  6. witchbottles

FUCK the NFL

Washington Redskins players protesting racial-based discrimination...... ludicrous. but they take their paychecks for sure: https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/washington-redskins/contracts/ Well the Supreme Court says its protected First Amendment Speech to call Native Americans a...
  7. witchbottles

Down time at work?

So I'm listening to a news reporter last night and he says the phrase "... during your down-time at work..." What is "down-time at work"? If you can't find something to keep yourself busy during the hours you are on the job, you are not being a diligent employee, trying to grow both your...
  8. witchbottles

Happy 243rd Birthday, Marines!

Semper Fratres, Semper Fidelis.
  9. witchbottles

INTERESTING COMPARISON- LAST NIGHT.....

Nov 6th, 2018: November 2016: I guess if you're into hoopla-ing small victories- the donkeycrats mad a few gains Interestingly, they gained nothing in California- even though trying to take 23 seats here by maximum publicity: Seems pretty clear to me- an overwhelming number of...
  10. witchbottles

Pearl Harbor and preliminary warnings.....

okay I'm by no means a whiz with 110% of all recorded research material so far on the Pearl Harbor attack. I do , however, own an extensive collection of photostats and scans from primary source documents and secondary source analyses on the attack, its preliminary events, and its immediate...
  11. witchbottles

Pitch Hillary out the window

Texas decides it no longer requires its students to learn about Hillary Clinton: https://www.yahoo.com/news/texas-set-eliminate-hillary-clinton-155700102.html But they are still going to teach how influential the biblical character Moses was in the founding of the United States. hahahaha...
  12. witchbottles

Liberals fee l free to skip over this one, by all means...

Meet Maia Brown-Jackson , democrat extraordinary, protester and one of those who insists on proving that yes, there are those who will protest against the display of the American flag in respect of honored service of deceased veterans: " Boston 10 reported: Somerville Veterans Memorial...
  13. witchbottles

Talking Turkey about a Tovarisch with a Tokarev...

The dreaded 9-0s (or worse, 10-0s) walk about the backfield, "motivating" the broken or disrupted into the fight one way, or the other...... Let's talk about Commissars. During the period where the swap out is allowed, (up to a scenario date of 10-31-42) - the majority (but not all) of the...
  14. witchbottles

Forget getting an "Animal Pack" pack of scenarios.......

We want a Horses and mules in a Seaborne Assault Scenario Pack!!! "G12.12 PASSENGERS: When used in reference to a LC, the term "Passenger" (or "Passengers" -- even when mentioned in acronym form as "PRC") refers collectively to all Personnel/SW/vehicles/wrecks/Guns /horses/boats (and the PRC of...
  15. witchbottles

ASL Bucket List item - check!

made my first ever 42 hex range HEAT kill on a 9-2 AL led, 88LL Gunned, Nashorn today!!!! It was kill or be killed time, he only needed a 9 or less to hit me in my Priest on a hill. Got a hull hit and kept my HEAT ammo - wrecked him and CS rolls a 6.3 to kill them in their AFV. Boosted my PMC...
  16. witchbottles

Oh, what a Wonderful Game........

During our game of ASL 104 this evening, my 9-1, rallies from a broken status in the RPh, he is two hexes from a fully armed and dangerous TigerI on level 2. He waltzes into the woods on the way up for 4 MF. whee a broken DM HS holds the only PIAT left. he recovers it on the 5th MF, and moves...
  17. witchbottles

in Honor of the D-Day Anniversary.....

A few trivia tidbits - 1. 1 in 35 US servicemen landed on Omaha Beach in 6-6-44 was KIA - a significantly higher proportion than the overall KIA rate of US forces in WW2. 2. 64 of the West Point Graduating class of 1915 were Generals by the time of D-Day, earning the class the moniker "The...
  18. witchbottles

Steyr AUG Rifle Grenades??

I was just watching a documentary dated 2016, showing the Steyr AUG armed troop in a combat training exercise, using what appears to be a rfile grenade and cup attachment on an AUG. I was not aware that these could mount /fire rifle grenade type weapons, but it appears on further research...