Search results

1. Spencer Armstrong

Contact info for Dr. Phil P?

Anybody able to drop me an email address for Dr. Phil Pomerantz? He and I played a game at ASLOK and bored Steve Anderson stupid talking tennis at lunch. Heading to US Open this year, want to get his advice on attending, as I believe he has. TIA. S
  2. Spencer Armstrong

Broken Ground Preview Set #2: French Vehicles (Opposing View)

So these arrived in today's mail to various interested pre-reviewers and me, the voice of dissent. ;) As I posted in response to Vinnie on FB: Initial impression: I like the black line around turret denotation and and vehicle type symbol. They actually make those aspects pop without making...
  3. Spencer Armstrong

SdKfz 10/4 and 10/5

I'm looking at a setup of FrF69 To Ashes and it looks to me like the "Ammo Trailer" function on these vehicles doesn't work. Am I missing something?
  4. Spencer Armstrong

BG Review - Rebuttal?

Yet Another Broken Ground Counter Review Introduction: Alan (footsteps) is a friend. When I lived in Toronto, we actually played a game of ASL, his first FtF in over a decade, when he was in town. He reached out to me when he was sending out the sample BG counter sheets. To his credit, he did...
  5. Spencer Armstrong

ASLOK 2018 dates known?

Pretty much the title. Trying to plan the second half of the year.
  6. Spencer Armstrong

Next Three Wednesdays (9/20&27 and 10/4)

My regular Wednesday night opponent is OOC for the next few weeks and seeing as it's the best night of the week for me to play ASL, looking for a game that can be played in <=3 evening sessions. I US ET and usually available to start around 7:30. Mostly looking at this as a one-off (three-off?)...
  7. Spencer Armstrong

VASL Wed 2/22

Anyone up for a VASL game this Wednesday? I'm available all evening. I don't mind pausing a scenario and revisiting, but I don't really love bite-sized game sessions. Known opponent preferred, but not required.
  8. Spencer Armstrong

Any ASLOK releases (besides Schwerpunkt stuff)?

Curious if there's anything else coming out. I heard FrF is taking the year off.
  9. Spencer Armstrong

WWII Museum in New Orleans?

I read that there is a WWII museum in New Orleans, LA. Apparently started at least in part by Stephen Ambrose. Has anyone visited it? Is it worth it? S