Search results

1. Houlie

So what scenarios have you played Recently?

Huh, when this scenario was suggested for our game day, it was dead even at 11-11. Our game was very close where a DR here or there would have easily turned it to a Brit win. I would agree with Peter that shortening the exit area slightly might be helpful. Back to the sentence above...
  2. Houlie

VASLeague 2019 General Discussion

Craig Houliston's Chinese will defend against Paul Chamberland's attacking Japanese in AP56 Quagmire. We are looking forward to playing this big scenario with the extra time available in this round.
  3. Houlie

Played WO30 As Luck Would Have It at our Twin Cities ASL day with Mark Harms. A 5.5 turn D-Day tourney scenario on board 11a where the Germans need to grab buildings to gain VP -- and need >=8 VP to win. The 6th Airborne Brits (8 x 648s + 57L) need to avoid losing those VC VP buildings AND not...
  4. Houlie

To the UK folks in general...and the Sheffield folks specifically

A nice story in an age where they are harder to come by. Thanks for sharing.
  5. Houlie

GameSquad, the Movie: So which famous actor plays you?

Bill Murray because people have come up to me regularly and say "has anyone ever told you that you look like Bill Murray?" And that's a fact, Jack.
  6. Houlie

Television: what shows are you currently watching?

F-1 The Drive to Survive on Netflix. An fascinating documentary on the people, personalities, cars, technologies, big business and big money of Formula 1 racing. I generally have little interest in racing, but this was an education. Extremely well done; amazing video production. The friends...
  7. Houlie

Twin Cities ASL 6/8/19 OVERLORD

I am most likely in, Geoff.
  8. Houlie

I had the pleasure of playing Brian Routh in BFP114 Engineering Defeat -- a marvelous all-infantry scenario in our VASL League game. I was the attacking Germans; Brian the defending Poles. Seven turns to secure three of four VC buildings. Scenario is set on half of Bd 42 and a BFP city board. A...
  9. Houlie

Taking our game to the final moments of round 2, Craig Houliston's Attacking Germans eeked out a win against Brian Routh's defending Poles in BFP114 Engineering Defeat. A wonderful scenario, the tightest of endings and skilled, gracious player made this a very memorable game. Best of rolls to...
  10. Houlie

LFT 245- Ciao Cina

Great report! This one jumped out at me as well due to its uniqueness and is on my short list. I hadn't heard anything about it prior to this so appreciate both your perspectives.
  11. Houlie

Thanks, Geoff! A well-written AAR. Indeed, it was a great game and tense the entire way with only 4.5 turns to get the job done. I think this one plays pretty evenly with even a very slight nod to the German. A well-constructed defense made this very challenging, but I was helped with one...
  12. Houlie

I played FT213 Up the Liri Valley today at our twin cities ASL game day. I had the defending Germans against the Curtis Brook's Free French. This is a tight all-infantry scenario set on board 55. It is a real puzzle where the Germans must gain 19 VP by scoring them at the end of every turn...
  13. Houlie

Twin Cities ASL 5/11/19

I'll be there. I'll have a couple new LFT scenarios in tow that look interesting.
  14. Houlie

What ASL Product Have You Bought Recently?

I just ordered FTC9 from Ritterrkrieg. Had received FTC8 several weeks ago. It is really a nice looking product with some very interesting scenarios that prompted me to pick up FTC9.
  15. Houlie

What ASL Product Have You Bought Recently?

FTC 8 from Ritterkrieg. Ironically, I am in France at the moment. Perhaps I should make a detour over to Sweden and order some Friendly Fire...
  16. Houlie

From the Cellar # 9

Outstanding, X.
  17. Houlie

From the Cellar # 9

I was talking to a buddy last Saturday about Spanish Civil War scenarios and how great it would be to see the LFT SCW series updated and released much like these previously published ones from VV. I think it would generate a lot of interest with ASLers.
  18. Houlie

BG Counters etc - time for its own subforum?

Designers' forum seems like a good option.
  19. Houlie

Craig Houliston's attacking Germans will take on Brian Routh's brave Polish defenders in BFP114 Engineering Defeat. I am looking forward to an exciting match!
  20. Houlie

ASL Open Updates?

Way to go Curtis!