Search results

1. Michael R

I am converted

A few weeks ago, I started cutting out my Korea counters with my usual method of two Xacto knives; a large knife to cut a block out of the sheet and a small one to separate and clean up each counter. It has been awhile since I needed to cut this many counters. Last time was before I knew about...
  2. Michael R

C1.73 PRE-REGISTERED FIRE

When choosing a pre-registered hex, must the owner choose a hex inside the owner's setup area?
  3. Michael R

DB139 question

Question about SSR#2 in Scenario DB139 A HARD RAIN'S GONA FALL. The SSR grants self rally capability to all elite and first-line MMC. Do all of these self-rally attempts have the possibility to generate leaders?
  4. Michael R

Is there a way to export a multiple page thread as one file?
  5. Michael R

Our year in ASL

I write "Our" because I hope to hear from others about their ASL for 2018. I played 53 matches and won 34 of them (yay; over .500). I played against Magnus Rimvall of Sweden the most at 12 times. Next most frequent opponent was Bruno L'Archeveque of Montréal at 10 times. The only other repeat...
  6. Michael R

Schwerpunkt #23 observations

Believe it or not, I just recently read my copy of Schwerpunkt #23. I can't believe that I missed anyone noticing that this issue of Schwerpunkt returned to using graphics in the counters on their scenario cards in the place of text in the counters. It has been ages since they did that. Did...
  7. Michael R

G1.6121 and A23.7

A23.7 states "A Set DC may be detonated using the 36+ IFT column during any friendly fire phase in a subsequent Player Turn by that Good Order unit (or one of its derivative HS, if a squad which has been Reduced or Deployed), provided it is within six hexes and LOS of the DC (but at least two...
  8. Michael R

G1.6121 and A23.7

A23.7 states "A Set DC may be detonated using the 36+ IFT column during any friendly fire phase in a subsequent Player Turn by that Good Order unit (or one of its derivative HS, if a squad which has been Reduced or Deployed), provided it is within six hexes and LOS of the DC (but at least two...
  9. Michael R

My matches at the 2018 NY State ASL Championship

First match was with Joe Leoce. The scenario was J159 TROPIC LIGHTNING. I bid J0; Joe bid J2, so I received the Americans and Joe lost a 347 squad. Two highlights of this game for me: for the first time, I lost a tank to a Japanese set A-T DC. Cool. The second highlight was a Sherman firing WP...
  10. Michael R

Bertoldo

Netflix has a series about several Medal Of Honor receipients from various wars. One episode is about Vitto Bertoldo in Hatten. The episodes are decently done, although the footage used doesn't always match the story. They are using good re-enactments, however.
  11. Michael R

AoO second edition

Thank you MMP for adding more colours to the scenario cards.
  12. Michael R

building hex control

I am playtesting a scenario whose VC state "by Controlling 6 or more building hexes ADJACENT to the following hexes; XX21, XX22 and YY22". The building hexes mentioned are not stand-alone building hexes; they are part of different multi-hex buildings of which some are rowhouses. I want to...
  13. Michael R

Does the -1 FFMO apply?

German unit assault moves in open ground hex. British units fires at it without effect and leaves a 1FP residual. German unit continues the assault move by rolling for infantry smoke. Smoke attempt fails. 1FP residual attacks the German unit. Does the -1 FFMO apply to the residual FP attack?
  14. Michael R

Does the -1 FFMO apply?

German unit assault moves in open ground hex. British units fires at it without effect and leaves a 1FP residual. German unit continues the assault move by rolling for infantry smoke. Smoke attempt fails. 1FP residual attacks the German unit. Does the -1 FFMO apply to the residual FP attack?
  15. Michael R

YASL3 TO THE BITTER END

This scenario has German infantry with armour support (four tanks) trying to occupy a village against elite and first-line French infantry with a couple of 75 ART guns. I had the attacking Germans; Magnus Rimvall had the French. The Germans can enter from the Germans can set up west or south of...
  16. Michael R

You want to deploy a HIP squad

Rule A12.3 states "Hidden Status is considered the equal of concealment except as otherwise specified.” Rule A12.32 states "If a hidden unit is to move/advance it must first be placed on the mapboard beneath a "?"; normal concealment rules then apply to its activity.” A HIP leader and a HIP...
  17. Michael R

E1.21 Freedom of Movement

E1.21 Freedom of Movement question: If the Defender’s best leader is marked with a Prep Fire counter, can it still make of FoM dr?
  18. Michael R

Canadian ASL Association 2018-2019

This is the time of the year when the Canadian ASL Association (CASLA) looks for new members and reminds existing members that their membership renewals are due. The primary mission of the CASLA is to support the Canadian ASL Open (CASLO) each year. We have been doing that for over twenty...
  19. Michael R

HIP squad deployment

Rule A12.32 states "Hidden units may not move (even within their hex or to change a CA) or advance and remain hidden. If a hidden unit is to move/advance it must first be placed on the mapboard beneath a "?"; normal concealment rules then apply to its activity." I have a HIP squad and leader...