Search results

1. KenH

Handy Excel-based Scenario analyzer (using data from ROAR) - Having trouble getting this file?

If anyone wants to download this file, but cannot get the external site to work (apparently, it doesn't always work), send me a PM. Ken
  2. KenH

Handy Excel-based Scenario analyzer (using data from ROAR)

Apparently, the link became obsolete. Here is the new link to this Excel based scenario analyzer updated with today's ROAR data: http://www.filedropper.com/00at-a-glanceroarscenariolistver20
  3. KenH

Lionel, Yeah, the spreadsheet only has the scenarios that I selected-- they are both the scenarios that I have in my possession as well as mostly the "most played" out there. The reason it is not all 5000+ scenarios is that I manually added information for each scenario (PTO, Night, Air...
  4. KenH

Looking for PBeM opponent - usually 1 log/day - Must use dicelog.com

Jeff, That is a good point. The issues that I see from VASL PBeM are two-fold: 1. Unscrupulous players can rerun their own logs as many times as they wish in order to "wait" for a beneficial set of dice rolls. Using dicelog.com closes this loophole. 2. Unscrupulous players can run their...
  5. KenH

HKwargamer, I do "start off assuming that folks don't cheat". I just prefer for both players to have that peace of mind that the game is being played fair and square. Even one game lost to someone who reruns their logs is a waste, IMO. Time is valuable and I want to use it wisely. Now, all...
  6. KenH

No, I am not saying that. It's just that when playing VASL by email (i.e. using logs), it is easy and tempting to simply rerun a log until one gets a good outcome. This, then, is the log that the player emails back to his opponent. All the other logs (the one's without good rolls) are simply...
  7. KenH

Michael, No, just go to the Resource area (link provided just now above) and download from there. Once at the File Dropper site, find the "Download this File" and click. See my blue arrow below:
  8. KenH

Handy Excel-based Scenario analyzer (using data from ROAR) 2.0

Hello all, Ever wanted to see at the same time both ROAR balance and rating for each scenario? Just wanted to share a spreadsheet that I created for myself and have been using for a while. It displays scenarios by publication and, using data from ROAR, shows both rating and balance along with...
  9. KenH

Hello all, Looking to add another PBeM game to the one match that I have currently. Been playing since early 2000s, but took several years off lately due to busy family life. But, back in the saddle now! So, I know most of the rules ok, but am a bit rusty at the moment. Willing to play any...
  10. KenH

Oops-- the file was too large for GameSquad upload. Also, I noticed that there is a specific folder for all downloads. So, I have added a link to the zipped Spreadsheet, which I uploaded to a file sharing site, in the ASL Resources area here...
  11. KenH

Hello all, Just wanted to share a spreadsheet that I created for myself and have been using for a while. It displays scenarios by publication and, using data from ROAR, shows both rating and balance along with basic info such as which nationalities are involved and how long the scenario will...
  12. KenH

PbEM dice log?

Geezer, If you are still looking for a game using the dicelog.com concept, let me know. Am game! Ken
  13. KenH

VASL PBEM game wanted (start simple- relearning the game after years away)

Thank you, Gamesquad! That took only minutes to find an opponent. All set for now.
  14. KenH

VASL PBEM game wanted (start simple- relearning the game after years away)

Hello, Haven't played ASL in 4 years. Life has gotten a bit simpler lately and looking to get back into the swing of ASL. Should be able to relearn the rules quickly and am reading the RB to brush up now. What were those rout rules again??? Snap shot, armor factor, hmmm...? Anyone...