Search results

1. Eagle4ty

Dense Jungle and board edges.

For on-board units in an otherwise interior Dense Jungle hex on such a map-board edge (usually occurring on the interior 1/2 board map edge) would a Straying DR have to be made if otherwise applicable? Is the off-board terrain considered OG as per entry stipulations thus negating the...
  2. Eagle4ty

A25.223 Becoming Berserk & Timing.

The above mentioned rule states if a Commissar (or Japanese Leader G1.41) becomes berserk all other friendly infantry also automatically become berserk. What is the timing aspect of this action when the stack is fired upon? In a current game my opponent caused a Japanese leader to go berserk...
  3. Eagle4ty

A4.133 & E3.72 Is entering an ElRR considered gaining elevation?

While setting up for a scenario with Ground Snow and Elevated RR my first impulse was to assume that entering an ElRR from a non-ELRR location would be considered gaining elevation but after reviewing A4.133 we came to the conclusion this is not the case. Is our interpretation correct or have we...
  4. Eagle4ty

Becoming Berserk after unloading or using Minimum Move.

Asked on 2 July 2018 Q1). Would personnel units [EXC: those immune to HOB] unloading from a vehicle that has spent more than 1/2 but less than or equal to 3/4 of its MP allowance have any additional MF available to conduct a charge if it were to become berserk upon dismounting from the vehicle...
  5. Eagle4ty

Murphy's Laws of (ASL) Combat

Here's a few for starters, got any more? 1. It’s just a game; Really!! 2. If it’s stupid but it works, it isn’t stupid 3. Don’t make it look conspicuous – it draws fire! 4. If you’re in holed up in Foxholes, you may be held up in Foxholes. 5. The 36+ FP column is there for...
  6. Eagle4ty

D9.31 Armored Assault unit locations

Received the following from Perry: Q. D9.31 Unit locations for ability to use ARMORED ASSAULT Given that the ground location of a building/woods hex and any units occupying that location whether in the obstacle or in bypass thereof are in the same location and given the sizes of standard...
  7. Eagle4ty

Concealed HIP guys concealing units beneath them on lower levels.

Has anyone encountered a problem where say a concealed & HIP unit on say level 2 automatically conveys a concealed status to non-HIP units entering a lower level of the same hex? Here's the situation: A non concealed unit(s) move into a hex that contains a concealed & HIP unit at a higher...
  8. Eagle4ty

AP117 Second City: Guards Status

Are all the AFVs listed in the Russian OB considered to be from the 154th Tank Brigade or are some of them considered to be integral to the 8th Guards Cavalry Division and only a few to be from the 154th (most probably the Shermans)? Or failing that, are all AFVs considered to have increased...
  9. Eagle4ty

B25.14 & A9.22: Burning Wreck removal.

Per B25.14 a burning wreck is removed as soon as the location becomes engulfed in a Blaze. As such, I assume a Fire Lane traced through such terrain, brush, Grain, etc. (or along the hexspine in the case of a bypassing vehicle), no longer presents a hard hindrance as only the SMOKE and/or other...
  10. Eagle4ty

Does Wind direction effect in-hex flame spread?

If a burning wreck is in bypass of a burnable terrain obstacle could the wind force DRM apply to the Spreading Fire DRM to the terrain in that hex? How about In-hex inherent terrain? Maybe I'm just not reading B25.62 correctly, but I can't seem to make out if only a -2DRM applies for not being...
  11. Eagle4ty

Shot probability success rate.

Just wondering if anyone has ever done a analysis on what their average shot percentage or shot potential was and what their average success rate was over an extended period of time for several ASL games? I've never really done anything of this sort but my gut feeling is that the average shot...
  12. Eagle4ty

B3 & B6, BRIDGES & ROAD HEXSIDES

If a road depiction does not cross or come up to a hexside [EX: 40O3-O4 hexside] is it considered to be a "Road Hexside" when a Bridge is in 40O3? Does the presence of the Bridge make this hexside a road-hexside & thus connect to the bridge as stated in B6.2 even though the depiction does not...
  13. Eagle4ty

C5.51 Turning VCA "in Hex" and necessity of Gun's CA change.

Kind of hard for me to come up with a good short description for a thread title but: Does a vehicle that has entered a gun's Hex/Location (gun elects not to fire & keep concealment) and then turns its VCA for another MP still cause the gun to use C5.51 to turn its CA to the hexside the vehicle...
  14. Eagle4ty

C8.2 & G17.1 USMC Elite for Special Ammo?

Just need to verify (or to refute) the contention that an USMC OB, though an Elite force (17.1), is NOT considered Elite for the increase in Special Ammo #s unless there is a SSR stating thus. G17.1 does not seem to refute the contention of C8.2 that a USMC OB does not meet this criteria, nor...
  15. Eagle4ty

C8.2 & G17.1 duplicate post, nothing to see here

Just need to verify (or to refute) the contention that an USMC OB, though an Elite force (17.1), is NOT considered Elite for the increase in Special Ammo #s unless there is a SSR stating thus. G17.1 does not seem to refute the contention of C8.2 that a USMC OB does not meet this criteria, nor...
  16. Eagle4ty

D6.5 Unloading Passengers, is the Stop MP considered in the unloading process.

The title lays it out but to expand: Is the Stop MP expended part of the unloading cost of the Passengers or must the vehicle stop, then expend the additional MP to unload? I am of the opinion that it is the former, but normally have seen it employed as per the latter. In this instance it makes...
  17. Eagle4ty

Busting up a FL with Armored Assault

I'm not posting this in the Rules Errata section because it's not a question about rules, just one of the better tactics I saw performed at the ASL Open in Chicago (Don't know why I've never thought of it): A Stack of a few squads, a leader and a BU AFV begin to move when the defender declares a...
  18. Eagle4ty

D10.3 AFV Wreck as cover for another AFV.

Can't ever remember being called on this one, but my opponent stated that a wreck does not provide a TEM to another vehicle in its location because the rule refers to D9.3 and only Infantry would be able to claim its cover benefits as per that rule (note the wording of D10.3, "...as per 9.3...
  19. Eagle4ty

YASL #6, Hein Olshana, SS BH?

In this scen. do the 447 (denoted as SS with an underlined Morale and increased broken Morale) BH to a 467 with the same affects or do they BH to a SS 468? Normal progression would indicate they would BH to a 467 (perhaps even with the increased capabilities, but not necessarilly so as not...
  20. Eagle4ty

LOS to CAFP for a vehicle in Bypass

Sorry if this question has been asked but couldn't find a thread that addressed the following question: Is the CAFP of a bypassing vehicle always based upon the Frontal VCA? That is to say, if a vehicle in bypass would start in reverse, would the CAFP automatically switch to the other vertex of...