Search results

1. jrv

E1.411 Cloaking Counters

They have Japanese katana, and they have to see if they are sufficiently sharp somehow. JR
  2. jrv

E1.411 Cloaking Counters

is that not "horizontal"? JR
  3. jrv

E1.411 Cloaking Counters

I cut a bunch of "?" in half for exactly this purpose. Just to mix it up, I cut some vertically, some horizontally, and some diagonally left and right. JR
  4. jrv

RO CG I Started

A type B isolated area has only SMC (possibly of both sides), so no MMC will be left without leaders. A type C isolated area has friendly MMC, possibly friendly SMC, and possibly enemy SMC. The enemy SMC must escape but the friendly ones are not required to. The (friendly) MMC will not be left...
  5. jrv

BG Counters 44: Stuart SP, 60a Centaur AA Mk I, Centaur AA Mk II, & Crusader AA Mk II, & Crusader AA Mk I

Your Pictish is flawless. It's good to see someone trying to restore a heritage language to its rightful place. JR
  6. jrv

And then what happens? Berserk enters into hex with HIP unit.

Yes, that's why the situation can occur. Berserk (and Melee) units can prevent concealment gain, but can't cause concealment loss. I picked night because then the friendly unit can be HIP in Open Ground, which makes the whole thing more remarkable. Most time there is another enemy unit around...
  7. jrv

A Little Help With Trying To "Intensive Fire" In The Defensive Final Fire Phase...........

I think the best authority for placing the Final Fire counter is the ASOP. The rule (A8.4) itself is wishy-washy about what happens. A3.4 also mentions it. JR
  8. jrv

And then what happens? Berserk enters into hex with HIP unit.

Under the concealment loss/gain table, you should find that attacking is not concealment loss if there is no GO enemy unit in LOS. The berserk enemy unit is not GO, and assuming there are no other GO enemy units around, the attack required by A8.312 does not result in loss of concealment (HIP in...
  9. jrv

A Little Help With Trying To "Intensive Fire" In The Defensive Final Fire Phase...........

You can't IF during the DFPh if you enter unmarked because per A3.4 a Final Fire marker is placed on units as they fire. You can only fire at adjacent units if marked with First Fire per A8.4. JR
  10. jrv

Opportunity Fire can't be used by vehicles [A7.25]. If you've been using Op Fire with vehicles, stop it. JR
  11. jrv

So what scenarios have you played Recently?

Yes the gun could set up there HIP with WA per J8 errata. Since it is bocage you can drop out of LOS after firing, assuming the enemy has no LOS that avoids bocage. In that particular hex it is not a gimmie. JR
  12. jrv

I can't say I remember making up a list like that, but who knows. Two things that I have seen (attempted to be) misplayed is beginning the DFPh unmarked, losing ROF and trying to use IF. I am sure I too believed that was ok at some point. The other is that during the enemy MPh you can IF at any...
  13. jrv

Sorry, I meant K6. If the attack goes into the village the infantry is likely to go through H8 and on to K8, so K8 is bad for me. If you like k8 you might also consider m8. But I prefer it in the fields. It has LOS into k7, l7 & possibly j6, depending on exactly where you site it. It also has...
  14. jrv

"As Luck Would Have It" SSR 2 foxholes as rout and rally terrain

If the leader performing the rally is in the foxhole and the broken unit is outside, is the rally considered in rally terrain? If the leader performing the rally is outside the foxhole and the broken unit is inside, is the rally considered in rally terrain? JR
  15. jrv

I'm confused. If you are more concerned about the east side, then q7 is almost the worst place you could put the gun. It would have to fire through a large amount of grain for most shots. JR
  16. jrv

The problem with q7 is it doesn't help if the Germans decide to attack up the east edge. If all you want to defend is the village stick the gun in k7 and be done with it. With the center grain even if the tanks stay out of LOS in the west most of the game, they are likely to have to pop around...
  17. jrv

That's pretty much the rule. You can't go into the DFPh unmarked and use Intensive Fire in that DFPh. If you go into the DFPh marked with a First Fire counter, you can only (intensive) fire adjacent. JR
  18. jrv

I don't know how far back you mean, but I was thinking something like m11 or m12. That gives the gun LOS into the k7 area as well as toward L17. All of its shots would be hindered, but with ROF I expect the gun to hit pretty soon. Only the PzIV J front can survive a hit, and it's near 50%. JR
  19. jrv

"As Luck Would Have It" SSR 2 foxholes as rout and rally terrain

Butter the sides of the foxholes so once a unit is lured in, it can't get back out. The Pitcher Plant of fortifications. JR