Search results

1. J. R. Tracy

Winter Offensive 2019 under way

The Dolanator went down to a lung infection just prior to WO, so no Dinant last weekend. Wish the big lug well!
  2. J. R. Tracy

DTF-4 Death To Fascism

I love the pregame mindgames this scenario generates - the possibility of a Russian .50 upstairs definitely shapes the Romanian setup, and the Russian can use that to his advantage - don't buy it, let the Romanian assume you did, and build for an attack against a defense that isn't keyed on the...
  3. J. R. Tracy

AAR - About His Shadowy Sides - BoF4

For the opening setup the Germans need to set up well back, with the lightest possible screen forward. Anything up front greeting the Soviets will be lost, so don't overdo it.
  4. J. R. Tracy

2018 Albany NY State ASL Championship AAR

Thanks, Peter. Sadly, no DTF this weekend - a couple were my first choices but things didn't line up. I was especially looking forward to AK '44, which looks really interesting. Fortunately I got to play three of them at ASLOK and hope to play them all soon!
  5. J. R. Tracy

Steve used them to keep track of people's wins - each skull and crossbones is a victory.
  6. J. R. Tracy

Championship Round - HF 8 Fahrenheit 352 Opponent John McDiarmid, another northern interloper concealing his dark intentions behind a veneer of good-natured Canadianess. Canada's finest Situation Back in Hatten, this time with the Americans on the attack. The Americans must have good...
  7. J. R. Tracy

Round 4 - DFB 135 The Block on the Trail to Hell Opponent Brian Wiersma, fresh off a casual half marathon he ran for fun that very morning Fit and feisty Situation 1943 Bougainville – a dozen squads of Marines push through the board 37 jungle to drive eight IJA squads and a pair of crews...
  8. J. R. Tracy

Round 3 - HF 6 Jackpot Jones Opponents Bob and Stanley Bendis Bob and his XO Situation 11 January 1945, in Hatten, France – a German attack presses into the center of town, aiming to seize the heart of the American defense. The GIs have nine squads (two elite) supported by a couple MMGs...
  9. J. R. Tracy

Round 2 - YASL 7 Making a Break For It Opponent Michael Hershey, who’d as soon pick you off from 800 meters as face you across a table A Tennessee gentleman Situation It’s 20 September 1944 on the wrong side of the Rhine, and 1AB is starting to realize this whole bridge-grabbing adventure...
  10. J. R. Tracy

Round 1 - AP 87 Empire’s Fall Opponent Wai Wong, a member of Canada’s sinister effort to subvert the North American ASL community Does not cower Situation Burma, January 1942 – 35 British and Commonwealth squads supported by OBA and a battery of four Bofors defend against 29 well-led IJA...
  11. J. R. Tracy

ALL THINGS ALBANY 2018...2016 and 2017 carryover registrants

Sorry you couldn't make it, Whit - really good list this year. Thank you Steve and Joe for a great weekend, and thank you to my opponents, who remained chill and fun even when the dice were not on their side. I like the current location - friendly staff, decent breakfast, and a lot of solid...
  12. J. R. Tracy

2018 Winter Offensive, Round 5: Retaking Kharkov

2, 4, whatever, all I remember is a 3KIA at the hands of a squad that should have been DEAD or TIED UP IN MELEE! It's really just a question of proper maintenance. However, I need to talk to my boys about keeping the breech lubricated and the barrel free of debris. Yeah, that was a hoot -...
  13. J. R. Tracy

Agreed, and that APCR TK# is no joke, especially at close range - the Tigers have to show it a little respect.
  14. J. R. Tracy

2018 Winter Offensive, Round 4: Forest Brothers

Amazingly, we had no Booby Trap results - I was boxing my morale checks but sailing through my PTCs.
  15. J. R. Tracy

Brian, it popped up on the second to last turn in 49C9 and didn't do much. We talked about it after and agreed if you put it on the back side of the factory it should be in C10 where it has a non-HD shot at D10. D10 is hulldown to the three locations in the back of the factory and therefore a...
  16. J. R. Tracy

Those are actually Bill’s big boards - a pleasure to play on.
  17. J. R. Tracy

2018 Winter Offensive, Round 4: Forest Brothers

Ouch! I hear ya - I diced for sides throughout and ended up with the favored side each time, even in the one I lost. As the NKVD, I never felt short of bodies, even though Phil was breaking my guys left and right and I was shooting a few myself for good measure. After our game, I believe they...
  18. J. R. Tracy

From D5.341 (Recall): A bogged/immobilized Recalled AFV must be Abandoned instead; its crew is no longer obliged to leave the board, but may not re-crew that AFV. Surprised me too - I thought repair rolls were essentially freebies once you lost a track.
  19. J. R. Tracy

I obviously enjoyed it more than you did but I agree, it's typical SP run 'n gun. I don't think I ever Prep'd with more than a couple units any given turn.
  20. J. R. Tracy

Despite my early stumble, I was still in good shape in the main event and next faced Bill Cirillo for what amounted to a semifinal for the coveted WO title. We decided to try something new to both of us, with combined arms on both sides, and this SP title fit the bill. Opponent Bill Cirillo...