Search results

1. buser333

Concealment and Irrigated Paddies

Assuming LOS from a same-level KEU exists, can a unit maintain concealment if they assault move or advance into an irrigated paddy if all hexsides have banks?
  2. buser333

ASL104 Hill of Death

So I am pretty confused by SSR2 which says "All Crag are Shellholes, Cliffs are NA (treat as Double-Crest hexsides where applicable). All hedge and (previously) cliff hexsides are Bocage." The only exceptions I see to what are not double-crest hexsides are C5/B4 and N5/M5 (these are all on...
  3. buser333

Batisse Boards

Does anybody know how closely the Batisse boards mirror the official boards? I really like the look of them, but hesitate to use them in case the hindrances and obstacles aren't the same.
  4. buser333

Ambush Withdrawal and Disrupted Units

Can a unit Ambush Withdraw into a Location occupied by a disrupted enemy unit? If so, is the disrupted unit immediately captured/killed? Do either of these answers change if No Quarter is in effect?
  5. buser333

Vehicle concealment loss

I imagine this falls under "other activity" but just want to make sure. Does going CE or BU cause loss of concealment?
  6. buser333

Mine Clearance and partial TB

May a unit declare a partial TB/Clearance attempt/safe entry into a Known minefield hex during the APh?
  7. buser333

Passenger SW in CC

What happens to a passenger's SW if the vehicle they are a passenger in is turned into a non-blazing wreck in CC?
  8. buser333

Hillock Fire Lane

Can a unit on a Level 0.5 Hillock lay a Fire Lane through a string of adjacent Level 0 hexes? I imagine the answer is "yes" as I was taught to basically view a hillock mass as one big wall.
  9. buser333

Failed FL residual

A 4 FP squad takes a long range shot and attempts to lay a fire lane with an LMG. They cower so therefore no FL. The residual for their inherent is 0 FP. Would this be boosted to 1 FP since the FL was not laid? Or is that extra residual lost in the failed FL attempt?
  10. buser333

Vehicle with MP remaining

I find the whole idea of people saying that if you enter a hex with a vehicle, stating a certain number of MP as you do so, that that vehicle cannot thus end its turn in motion in that hex incorrect. I use C6.16 "A moving vehicle that ends its MPh with MP remaining is assumed to expend all...
  11. buser333

AP75 American Setup Instructions

I figured this out. Missed the greater than/equal sign.
  12. buser333

FT Vehicle Turning to Shoot during MPh

Is there any sort of penalty for a FT-equipped vehicle turning to shoot an approaching enemy unit during the MPh with said FT?
  13. buser333

Japanese Voluntary Break Crew

A situation arose in our game where a Japanese crew considered voluntary break. Upon reading G1.13 though it sounds as though only a Japanese squad can voluntarily break. Is this correct?
  14. buser333

Initial Starshell Use

Let me see if I have this straight: Currently starshell use is not allowed as no aspects of E1.91 have been triggered. If a unit out of LOS were to place smoke in LOS and within NVR of an enemy unit, starshell use would still not be allowed correct? Doesn't seem right but that's the way the...
  15. buser333

Area Target and Smoke

I have often seen it done where smoke will be fired at a multi-level building, using the highest level as its target. Can a unit do likewise and shoot smoke at a woods/orchard hex by using the foliage as its target?
  16. buser333

Covered Arc and Bypass

Can the gun shoot the bypassing infantry without changing its CA?
  17. buser333

Burning wreck smoke hindrance

Normally if a wreck is not in the LOS of a unit it does not create a hindrance for fire through that hex. Would the same be true for the smoke emanating from a burning wreck?
  18. buser333

Is a graveyard road considered a road?

G8 Recon in Force says the German AA gun may not set up in a road hex. Would this also apply to a graveyard road hex?
  19. buser333

Cave counters

Why do the cave counters not move with a selected stack like level counters do?
  20. buser333

Snap Shot Concealment Loss

Assume no other units are on board. I know a concealed moving unit subject to snap shot does not lose concealment unless a result is achieved from the shot, but what happens when a concealed unit fires at this moving unit and the only LOS between the two is at the snap shot hexside? Does the...