Search results

1. S

6.999 Russian Multi-Applicable Vehicle Notes - Note J

Per 6.999 Russian Multi-Applicable Vehicle Notes - Note J, "This AFV may possibly carry smoke dischargers (sD). Use rule D13 [EXC: they are usable only once per scenario]." Does this mean that you get only one attempt to use the smoke discharger per scenario, whether you are successful or not...
  2. S

A14.22 and A14.23

After the Sniper Random Location DR, the closest unit is a concealed Enemy BU AFV. Is the concealed AFV automatically selected and, and if so, I would assume that it loses concealment? Or does the AFV owner have to specify whether the AFV is BU, and if so, the next closest eligible target hex...
  3. S

E7.52 Heavy AA and A21 Captured Equipment

Per E7.52, "A Heavy AA Original 2 To Hit DR eliminates an aircraft; an Original 3 To Hit DR Damages it (E7.226); an Original 4 DR prevents it from attacking during that Player Turn (mark it with a TI counter). Normal Gun Malfunction/ROF rules apply. " It would appear that the only effects of...
  4. S

sN Smoke Discharger

If a German AFV fires its sN as a smoke discharger, does this attack all unarmored units in its hex including other German units? I believe the answer is no. Per A11.622, "It can be used to make a HE attack on the IFT if the AFV is BU, but only during the CCPh after the AFV or its Personnel...
  5. S

Looking for VASL Campaign Game of KGP-I or Operation Veritable CG-1

Just wanted to let everyone know, I found an opponent. Looks like I will be playing the KGP-I Campaign game as the Germans. Should be interesting. The lines-of-sight on the Stoumont map look crazy. First time I have played on a map with slopes so I am sure I will probably miss at least one...
  6. S

The Canadians are most vulnerable during the first game date. They are attacking concealed/hidden units with almost no cover for at least the first 2 to 3 game turns as they enter the board. The Canadians have considerable Smoke/WP resources and the rain totally negates that. In addition...
  7. S

I have never played any campaign so have no experience with either campaign. The only reason I am concerned about the balance for the Operation Veritable campaign is because the ROAR record is 19 German wins to 7 Canadian wins.
  8. S

Experienced ASL player but have never played a campaign game. KGP-I from Kampfgruppe Peiper I and CG-1 (Milk Factory) from Operation Veritable have always appealed to me because both players get to attack and defend. Plus they have more mobility than most of the other campaign games. I...
  9. S

Bazooka WP

I sent a question into MMP: Per C13.1, LATW may never use the Area Target Type which means C3.33 and C8.52 do NOT apply. Per C8.52 for Area Target Type, it is placed at ground level. But C8.52 does not apply, so if a Bazooka is firing at the 2nd level of a multi-level building (with a ground...
  10. S

Bazooka WP

Actually, Brian W also believes that the smoke counter should be placed at ground level. I have never sent a question into MMP, what is the best and fastest way to go about this? Thanks.
  11. S

Bazooka WP

I appreciate all of the feedback, but I guess no one has found the rule for this case or an interpretation to quote. Does the counter get placed in the location hit, level 2, or does it get placed at ground level? My assumption has always been that if the TH DR was low enough and a hit was...
  12. S

Bazooka WP

Per C13.1, LATW may never use the Area Target Type which means C3.33 and C8.52 do NOT apply. So if a Bazooka is firing at the 2nd level of a multi-level building (with a ground, first, and second level) where is the WP counter placed. Per C8.52 for Area Target Type, it is placed at ground...