Search results

1. tunixx

The British European Referendum

Elections for the EU parliament will be held in May 2019. The UK will have to be out of the EU by then. So extension of Article 50 will give 2 months of extra time, as it makes no sense if elections are held in the UK. The UK government had more than 2 years to come up with a plan on which terms...
  2. tunixx

The real question here is: Will you be allowed to import food from an EU country to the UK and how will you get to the UK. To my understanding flying there will become difficult as the framework will have to be re-negotiated. Roads will probably be clogged by trucks.
  3. tunixx

Your anger hits the wrong people. There is an Economist article written before the Brexit referendum that warned exactly about what is happening now. The positions of the EU were well known before the Brexit. The only problem is that none of the Brexiteers believed them and that they firmly...
  4. tunixx

Which LLMC after KIA of a wounded 9-1 ?

What kind of LLMC will a wounded 9-1 that is killed trigger ? Will it be a 1LLMC (for being the 9-1 it used to be) or a LLMC for the stacked squads ? The wound occured before the actual attack.
  5. tunixx

Breaking and Broken - in German

Behindert durch eine Nahrungsmittelunverträglichkeit betätigte Panzerkampfwagenkommandant Hubert Untermoser, im zivilen Leben Donaudampfschifffahrtsgesellschaftskapitän, die Nahverteidigungswaffe.
  6. tunixx

GRENADIER´18: ASL Tournament, Germany, 31.10.-04.11.2018

7 Dutch players were attending. Time to revive the Arnhem tournament !
  7. tunixx

Breaking and Broken - in German

Never spent a lot of thoughts on this but "brechen" seems to be the natural translation to me. IMO "Zerbrechen" means that something is broken and the state it was in before cannot be restored, so I don't think it fits well in this context.
  8. tunixx

Photos of Budapest (part 3, cogwheel railway)

This march I went to Budapest to compare the battlefield to the FB maps. Here are photos from my trip. Almost everyone starting to play FB will probably know this area as the first two scenarios ("Uncles and Pups" and "The devil's free to have a try.") use this part of the mapboard. No tour of...
  9. tunixx

Photos from Budapest (part 2)

This march I went to Budapest to compare the battlefield to the FB maps. Here are some photos from my trip. The next batch of pictures are taken around the Southern railway station. The old station itsself has been replaced by a modern construction. Also some of the stone buildings in TT16 have...
  10. tunixx

Photos from Budapest (part 1)

This march I went to Budapest to compare the battlefield to the FB maps. Here are some photos from my trip. First I went to Királyhágó tér . This is where scenario FB12 (The black ravens are flying) takes place. The photo was taken in AAA28 and shows what a wide city boulevard looks like...
  11. tunixx

Scandinavian Open AAR

I played it in the tournament. My opponent and me both bid German 2. My impression is that most players thought it is a bit pro-German.
  12. tunixx

I couldn't care less about any decisions you make. If you want to harm yourself, do it as many times as you like. What annoys me is that Brexit will affect other countries (us) as well. Our economy will suffer, too. Plus travel to the UK will be harder than before.
  13. tunixx

Please note that it was never my intention to insult anyone here personally. I have fond memories of the times spent in Great Britain and I really like your country and the people there.
  14. tunixx

You just have to take a look at some previous posts in this thread or listen to Boris Johnson. http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/boris-johnson-french-president-francois-hollande-nazi-brexit-eu-a7532981.html...
  15. tunixx

I never compared the two, I just observed others are doing it. That's a difference, isn't it ?
  16. tunixx

Comparing the EU with Nazi Germany rather shows a lack of education.
  17. tunixx

Your posts are contradicting each other. A short while ago you told us a tearful story that Britain sacrificed her Empire (which was built by oppressing other countries) to save the jews and homosexuals (Alan Turing would love your story). Just a day later you ask what could be gained by...
  18. tunixx

Please don't get me wrong on this: Germany is responsible for WW2. But still: Britain has done a really good job in making everyone believe they made all this for some higher ethical reasons. If they cared so much for continental Europeans - why didn't Britain declare war on the Soviet Union...
  19. tunixx

British foreign policy in the past always had one goal: Trying to divide continental Europe in as many factions as possible (aka divide et impera). I'll be pretty glad if they stop to "help us".
  20. tunixx

When in her history has Britain done anything out of altruism that wasn't in her own interest ?