Search results

1. Paul S NJ

NJ Ferocity Fest - FrF 98 Amerikanskaya Suka

Hi Folks, We're having a Ferocity Fest (the concept belongs to Rick and the Texas crew, they were kind enough to let us borrow it) using Friendly Fire scenario 98. I played a fun game of this with Brian Wiersma at Albany in DEC and think it has lots of replay value due to the crazy 14 AFV melee...
  2. Paul S NJ

Albany AAR -2018 Sidhu

Had another great time at Albany 2018! Many thanks to Joe for his always outstanding raffle and to Steve for organizing a wonderful event. Thanks to my most excellent opponents with whom I had a great time this year. Had some nice dim-sum and good meals/chats with fellow gamers during the...
  3. Paul S NJ

Dean's Defiance WO28 - At Albany and follow-on game

Hi folks, Here's my AAR for WO 28 Dean's Defiance. I lost this in the first round at Albany to Derek Pulhamas and also played it a couple weeks later with Vic Rosso here in the great state of NJ. I'll post an AAR for my game with Vic next week. I bid A1 and Derek bid A2, so I increased my SAN...
  4. Paul S NJ

Nor'Easter 2018 AAR

Thanks to Mike, Charlie and Carl for organizing another great Nor'Easter! Always great to see the folks from New England (plus a father and 7th grade daughter this year!). NJ rocked the house again this year with me and Gary Mei taking 1st and 2nd in the main tourney and Ron Duenskie winning...
  5. Paul S NJ

Quick request - no shortage of determination

Quick question. Need your thoughts by 930 am eastern time. Playing this today. I had thought the stream extension (looks like river obstacle hexes) were water obstacle (pond). My worthy opponent thought they are an extension of the deep stream. Ssr is clear that pond is a water obstacle...
  6. Paul S NJ

Albany AAR - part 3, FrF88 and BFP 114

Round 5 Panzer Shield FrF88 vs Michael Rodgers Always good to see Michael and his wife Diane. We picked this unusual scenario, both bidding G0 with me winning the side. Four Pz3 with an 88L AA and 3 237's, reinforced by a Pz4 and two Pz2's defend against 13 447's protected by 3 MOL projectors...
  7. Paul S NJ

Albany AAR - part 2 AP131, AP122 and SP263

Round 3 AP131 Crickets in Spring vs Paul Anderson This is a very interesting scenario with 6 447 and three 76L ART guns reinforced turn 2 by 6 T34/85 and 6 628 vs 12 658 with three panthers and four HT with three reinforcing 150 SP guns. Mud contains off-road movement significantly. 36...
  8. Paul S NJ

Albany AAR - part 1

Listeroids, Another fantastic experience in Albany. The new hotel was fine and Steve and Joe ran a great tournament and raffle. Bill Cirrillo won the very nice Maus! Congrats Bill! Round 1 - FrF89 Red Tears Shed on Gray I was matched with Stephane Graciet of NYC (and originally France) for...
  9. Paul S NJ

2 ?'s- Deep snow and boresighting

1 - is the bog drm (+1) for deep snow cumulative with ground snow (+1)? 2 - only guns and sw (MGM/hmg/MTR) may biresight. Infantry may not. I have played if a squad with a bore-sighted mg fires during DFF, the boresight drm does not apply. However in looking at the rules; an infantry unit...
  10. Paul S NJ

MM12 Texel Airport

Played this nice scenario from the Kansas City March madness partisan pack with Ron Duenskie. It is an interesting historical situation with a Soviet-Georgian Axis unit stationed by the Germans on an island in Holland in April 1945 rebelling against the Germans. Somehow the Germans, at the...
  11. Paul S NJ

Chicago ASL Open - Quick AAR

Had a great time at the Chicago ASL Open! David runs a sharp tournament and it’s excellent to see all the guys from the great mid-west. Round 1 - DB130 Tigers and Flames vs George Tournemire of France/Belguim It's nice to see George come all the way from Europe. He is one of the best players...
  12. Paul S NJ

Winter offensive 2017 Quickie AAR

Had a great time at my first WO! Thanks to Perry and my most excellent opponents for a great time. WO is less structured than most tournaments but still great fun. The pizza, raffle and seeing many old friends were great. Most of my games were very close and quite fun. I was excited to see...
  13. Paul S NJ

Albany 2016 AAR - part 3 - Europe

Round 5 J154 Cradle to Grave vs Bill Hayward Bill and Bret run ASLOK. Bill is the night owl who mans the tournament director spot for late night gamers there. We only had this pick in common. This is a very complex scenario which really needs to be played a couple times in advance to fully...
  14. Paul S NJ

Albany 2016 AAR - Part 2 - Defending Burma

Round 3 STL12 What Doesn’t Kill You vs Bo Siemsen of Denmark So in the next two rounds I ended up playing scenarios from the excellent Jim Burris and his St Louis Burma Pack. Bo and Michael Hastrup-Leth of Denmark run the Scandinavian tournament in Copenhagen in FEB which I had the pleasure of...
  15. Paul S NJ

Albany 2016 Part 1 - Poland in Flames!

I had a great time seeing many friends. Gary Trezza did a fantastic job with the scenario list and tournament organization as always. We will miss Gary not running things moving forward! Joe Leoce ran an amazing raffle and made an awesome diorama that I’m proud to have won. Steve did a nice...
  16. Paul S NJ

WP CH and CE DRM

In A24.31 it states that TEM and CE DRM count in favor of units making a WP MC. But just a few sentences later it says for a WP CH "TEM are applied to the NMC as positive DRM instead". I had a WP CH on a squad (with a nasty PSK) using a CE HT as cover. Random selection picked both units...
  17. Paul S NJ

Streams during snow?

Listeroids, Was preparing for Devil's Congregation and had a question. During 'regular' ground snow (not Deep Snow), is a stream with no ssr mentioned a dry gully or a frozen water obstacle? I can see it both ways and wanted some advice. Thanks in advance, Paul
  18. Paul S NJ

Sat Sri Akal! AP58

Played this one with Gary Mei. Great scenario but we think the VC need work. Being Sikh myself I was drawn in and Gary let me play the Sikhs (Brits). Cool ssr's with 18.5 jap se vs two groups of 5.5 brit se with 6 elite se (+ mr 10-2) reinforcing turn 3. Attacker needs all of one hilltop...