Search results

1. Honosbinda

Pillbox, wire and a DC walk into a bar...

All of the above, excellent analysis, thank you very much. I agree that it was a quick fix, probably just to get it out of the way so play could continue or something. I do get tired of 'we've got to do everything we can to justify preserving the rules as they are,' attitude, an unnecessary...
  2. Honosbinda

If we are going to pick nits, as you seem to want to do here, I don't 'feel' anything of the sort. I've analysed something, not emotionally responded to something. As you are well aware, ASL is a game system that is completely designed in reference to external things. The objects of the game...
  3. Honosbinda

I didn't indicate that there were any contradictions in the rules. That isn't necessary to point out inconsistency in the game design -- of this game, or any game. The game system includes how the system works when playing the game, not just the rules that make up the game. Otherwise, they're...
  4. Honosbinda

No-one seems to be discussing how inconsistent that particular Q/A is. 'Essentially ignore the wire [except if you are on top of it, then you can't.]' So you can sidle up to a PB from 40 meters away to place a DC on it, but can't do that from a closer position on top of the wire, nearer to...
  5. Honosbinda

Double One Tournament?

Hello, Right now the tournament is lacking a website but I think a new one will manifest soon. In the meantime, here are the email/ attachments from Derek: Dear All, This year's Double One tournament will take place at Writtle University College, Essex, over the weekend of Thursday 20th to...
  6. Honosbinda

Deploying units at setup — A2.9

well it's 10% of squads, not squad equivalents. You can deploy 1, the way I read it. [edit -- logically, a player can't deploy half-squads. If the OB were 21 half-squads, you couldn't deploy any of them]
  7. Honosbinda

TEM vs Mol...

Interesting. I just went through the 2017 errata summary and did not find an entry like this, although I did find one for negating the gunshield DRM if using MOL alone. One could argue in favor of this. But it doesn't negate the TEM that the gun is sitting in. In fact, the rules are more...
  8. Honosbinda

TEM vs Mol...

okay so if it doesn't say 'TEM do not apply,' then.....? Given that MOL are added to IFT attacks vs infantry, certainly TEM apply there. The example in A22.62 shows TEM applying. TEM never apply to TK rolls... as far as I recall not finding a rule that it does :)
  9. Honosbinda

Any way to clear HIP from an old VASL file?

I think your old opponent would need to do that or, if he is willing, offer you his password so you can use it to load the file and see the 'ghost' HIP. The other way may be to dissect the .vasv file with some kind of java can opener (!). I think you are wise not to try to reuse the file too...
  10. Honosbinda

VPO Placement and FRIENDLY Units

12.1 INTRODUCTION: Each SASL Mission is divided into ten sections, as follows: Briefing, ENEMY Attitude, Mission Tables, Mapboard Selection & Activation, VP Locations, S? Placement/Entry, Sequence, Mission End, VP Schedule, and Mission Special Rules (MSR). Based on this, I would say that VP...
  11. Honosbinda

E7.52 Heavy AA and A21 Captured Equipment

Barring any other rule to the contrary. Sometimes you just gotta believe the rules as written ;)
  12. Honosbinda

Draft SASL SOP

I am mistaken about the Finns, actually, someone kindly developed a Finn Generation table and the download can be found at Gamesquad: http://www.gamesquad.com/forums/index.php?threads/updated-finnish-generation-table.149618/
  13. Honosbinda

Draft SASL SOP

After a quick look, I'm going to say this is really useful, and thank you for the effort. Part of the challenge with SASL is integrating the sequence of operations with the standard sequence of play. I love SASL but it is long neglected by the caretakers of the game, who have taken on board...
  14. Honosbinda

E9.1 Air Drop Wind Direction

See E9.42
  15. Honosbinda

Upper Levels and OBA

@ Binchois If there is confusion about the rule, and clearly there is if one such as Vinnie questions it, I don't see how you can argue that it's not poorly constructed and even you say it needs rephrasing -- although now you endeavor to mitigate that by saying a rule is not poorly constructed...
  16. Honosbinda

Wild Bill Wilder/First to Fight’s: Fighting for the Freedoms: Operation Enduring Freedom #2

good! glad it's a good value in that sense, but it's a shame that something has to be turned into something worthwhile when the whole idea, with quality ASL products, is that it's worthwhile in the first place. I'd be happy to see someone push ASL past the Korean War effectively. There are too...
  17. Honosbinda

Wild Bill Wilder/First to Fight’s: Fighting for the Freedoms: Operation Enduring Freedom #2

OP: I hope you didn't spend too much money on this pile of .....
  18. Honosbinda

Upper Levels and OBA

Agree w/ Binchois that this rule for Corregidor is poorly constructed as a result of over-tinkering and misinterpreting the efficacy of rooftops for OBA. Agree with Eagle clarification is mandatory from BFP. This is the first I've heard that buildings of Corregidor were so ruggedized that...
  19. Honosbinda

just started getting this error and don't know why...or how to fix it...any help?

that wasn't your original question, as you didn't mention that point ;)
  20. Honosbinda

just started getting this error and don't know why...or how to fix it...any help?

random.org server is down. try again in a few minutes