Search results

1. Larry

Is a hex adjacent to itself?

Units at different levels with at least one intervening level are not ADJACENT but share a hexside(s) and are adjacent. Units or hexes can be adjacent and not be ADJACENT but I cannot fathom an instance where units are ADJACENT but not adjacent (sharing one or more hexsides).
  2. Larry

Is a hex adjacent to itself?

A.8 -- The word “ADJACENT” will be printed in all CAPITAL letters when this added restriction is necessary so as to differentiate from the more common usage with lower case letters. ADJACENT is the more restrictive term. ADJACENT requires LOS and the ability to advance. Those restrictions...
  3. Larry

HS Bump & Snap Shots

Put 4 RFP in N2. The HS is forced back from N3. The HS takes the RFP shot if not subject to the RFP before that bounce?
  4. Larry

Concealed guys in bocage & wall advantage

I would clarify for both of our benefits. Those units in a building, they don't have WA so I can't see them and they can't see me until I am adjacent ... and then I have WA. Is that the way you understand bocage?
  5. Larry

Placing single OB-designated "?" during setup

Robin's citation to 18.1 is an overture to the cloaking rules in Chapter E.
  6. Larry

Zerker charge vs concealed guys

Without the word advance, the last clause has no verb. The single verb "advance" therefore must apply to both prepositions "in a woods/building" and "with/against concealed units." No other linguistic construction makes sense.
  7. Larry

pillbox exit into bamboo

Treat the bunker like a trench ...
  8. Larry

West Coast Melee

anyone looking to share a room ... send me a PM.
  9. Larry

West Coast Melee

A week away. Roll low.
  10. Larry

Riders on Soviet SU-57(a), American M3 GMC?

My notes may be the culprit. Have to reexamine them.
  11. Larry

That helps the SU-57 but it eliminates the M3 GMC. The latter's listing is ht, not TDht.
  12. Larry

The rules don't have to forbid. COWTRA. The status as a TD does not take away from the status as a ht. Since it is an ht, it is not allowed under COWTRA.
  13. Larry

It isn't a reality comment, it is a chapter H rules based argument.
  14. Larry

Same ... it is a halftrack.
  15. Larry

It is a halftrack that is converted to TD purposes. The TD designation does not change its ht configuration.
  16. Larry

Rules Clarified at Winter Offensive

So if I had pulled out my Q&A instead of pestering Perry, I would have gotten a different answer!
  17. Larry

RO6

The flame isn't even in the playing area. Chas said what Klas said ... error.
  18. Larry

When can a disrupted unit rout? When in OG. When can a disrupted unit not rout? When not in OG. Is continuing from building hex to building hex routing? If it is, the unit isn't in OG and that violates 19.12. So I think that stopping is consistent with 19.12. Hit the building/woods and...
  19. Larry

A disrupted unit in OG and normal range must rout per 10.51 and 19.12. Going further than the rout destination is an exception to the routing rule. The disrupted unit cannot take advantage of the exception because it is not part of the mandatory rout under 10.51 as an exception to the general...
  20. Larry

Asked a couple of players -- in measuring VBM in a hex, is the counter on the line or adjacent to the line. Got different answers. Perry said we have to see green on both sides of the counter. I think many players play that wrong.