Search results

1. EJ1

Placing single OB-designated "?" during setup

Thanks JR, Is your explanation dependent on my opponent and I both setting up on board, or does it change if I set up on board while my opponent sets up completely off board? Cheers
  2. EJ1

Firing Smoke into a building with a Concealed Unit ?

Thanks. My Saturday starts with good news.
  3. EJ1

Placing single OB-designated "?" during setup

Hi all, if I follow correctly, is this acceptable? I have been playing that a dummy counter requires a dummy counter immediately above it, followed maybe with units, and if the units above are concealed, then the whole stack topped with a concealment counter, for a total of three “?” counters...
  4. EJ1

Firing Smoke into a building with a Concealed Unit ?

Hi, if the hex in front is open, without units, or other DRM, wouldn’t the attacker incur a +2 TH DRM for K under Area Fire C.4? If so, +2 for firing at concealed vs. +2 for Area Fire nets out?
  5. EJ1

Deploying units at setup — A2.9

Yep, makes sense. Thanks
  6. EJ1

Deploying units at setup — A2.9

A2.9 reads, “Up to 10% (FRU) of the squads that set up on-board...may be freely Deployed...” My order of battle includes ten squads and one half squad. How many squads may I deploy? If the half squad is half of one squad, then don’t I have 10.5 squads, round up, and I may deploy two squads...
  7. EJ1

C9.3, A4.41, A7.25 Mortars, Moving Spotters, and Opportunity Fire

Hi Aaron, the question that might be submitted would come from post #6, Binchois' post. Cheers
  8. EJ1

OK, I'll work on a Q&A, and maybe offer a draft before submitting. Cheers
  9. EJ1

My rule-of-thumb to help estimate LOS

Hi all, Always looking for ways to improve my game, and I've enjoyed reading the articles and posts about lines of sight (LOS) on our flat, two-dimensional grid, especially when they dive into the geometry. Yet, while playing, I need quick and easy. Perhaps not strictly a "Rules" topic, and I...
  10. EJ1

Paul’s dive into formal logic is great! Ok, I still want to OF the mortar, move my spotter to a new hex, and AFPh the mortar with spotter’s help at a new hex - not the target the mortar team used to satisfy its OF. Allowed? If so, with what DRM? Cheers
  11. EJ1

Moving units, residual fire power, smoke, and DRMs

Thanks JRV. Hmmm, it might be one thing to break squads, another to break one's opponent. Been there, on the receiving end. Cheers
  12. EJ1

Hey, partial credit! Thankfully, my college diploma does not read, "With an impressive accumulation of partial credits, we award..." Also, I now see and appreciate from a game-mechanics point of view, that it would be very tough/impossible to try and manage residuals with memory...especially if...
  13. EJ1

Hi all, In the attached image of board 22, two British units, labeled units #1 and #2, are moving separately and sequentially from T6, across the bridge, and towards the German 467 in P8. Neither unit is using Assault Movement. #1 moves into S7 and draws fire from the 467. It survives and a...
  14. EJ1

Thanks Binchois. Excellent
  15. EJ1

Yes! Yes, I forgot that part of my angle was that I had already predesignated my spotter(s) in some games with HIP. Thus, again, I don't need to predesignate them again. I went down this rabbit hole simply because I didn't think that moving a spotter one hex and then AFPh'ing should be without...
  16. EJ1

Thanks Hemaelstrom, Per your approach, I've been playing this incorrectly. Yet, I'm considering the following: "...the spotter must be predesignated...during his PFPh/DFPh..." Agreed. He was predesignated as the spotter during his PFPh, it was during an earlier PFPh, and he has remained the...
  17. EJ1

Hi all, During my PFPh, I placed a Bounding-Fire counter on part of my light-mortar team (i.e. my manning squad, mortar, and leader, but not on my spotter). During my MPh, my spotter moved one hex, is still adjacent to the team, and has LOS to a new target. Now in our AFPh, my full team (i.e...
  18. EJ1

crest LOS questions

Thanks for this discussion. I believe I used VASL properly, and I see that VASL shows the LOS from 15Y4 to 15Z2 to be blocked. Love this game. Cheers
  19. EJ1

Which rule do you want to change?

Great question. And, I've been working on this one: Vehicle bypass freeze (VBF) - it's gutsy for a squad to CC an AFV. It's also gutsy for an AFV to roll up to some structure knowing they could get blazed. But, as it is now, vehicle bypass freeze is too powerful. Thus, if there are known...
  20. EJ1

WA Questions

If the 447 in X15 had WA, would it receive protective DRM from the 666 in Y15? Thanks