Search results

1. C

A4.44 Recovery and A23.3 DC Placement

A squad possessing a Demo Charge finds itself Adjacent to a stack of enemies and attempts to place the DC as its first action in the Mph. The enemies fire promptly breaking the squad. A nearby friendly leader moves into the now broken squad's hex and, following A4.44, recovers the DC from the...
  2. C

A8.3 Subsequent First Fire - Known enemy unit restriction

Say a unit wishes to fire again using SFF at a unit 3 hexes away, but there is an enemy unit 2 hexes away, who happens to be out of LOS of the Firer, but unconcealed, and in LOS to several other units (just not the unit firing). In other words, a Known enemy unit at 2 hex range to pretty much...
  3. C

Use of Vehicle Sized Factory Entrance using by-pass

Playing Into the Rubble which by SSR allows for railroad tracks that enter a Factory to be treated as a Vehicle Sized Entrance (B23.742, O5.2). Is is legal to enter the factory via bypass and still use the Vehicle Sized Entrance (VSE), specifically, in the attached photo, bypass along the V7 /...
  4. C

Timing of Melee Counter placement

Referring to the rule highlighted in red below. Say there is currently no Melee, just one concealed unit and one unconcealed enemy unit in same Location. Following the exclusion, the concealed unit drops concealment and fires in its Prep Fire Phase at the enemy and breaks said enemy. When, if...
  5. C

Triple Point Blank Fire and Fire Group

It's prep fire, and my German 467 drops concealment and fires its inherent firepower with the Triple Point Blank Fire modifier at same hex American 666 who advanced in last turn and failed to eliminate my 467 in CC. Two questions: 1) an Adjacent German 467 wants to combine their firepower with...
  6. C

Into the Rubble 8 - Special Commisar rule

Regarding ITR-8 Beyond the Slaughterhouse, specifically SSR7 "The 9-0 is a commissar, and all rules apply as if the scenario was set prior to 10/42". Does this then allow the Russian player to substitute an additional 8-0 or 8-1 leader for a second Commissar, or do the Russians just get the one...
  7. C

Stielgranate 41 - Special Ammo for German 37L

Printed on the German 37L counter is a cryptic "H5[9]". After reading the referenced German Ordnance Note B can the H5[9] be correctly summarized as a 5 Depletion number for the Steilgranate with a max range of 9?
  8. C

Bypass A4.3 and Wall Vertex versus Wall Hexside

In the attached picture, what is the MF cost for a squad beginning in W6, bypassing woods in V5, and entering road in V4? Looks to be a total 2, one to enter bypass, one to enter the road with wall vertex playing no part. Now say wall extends one hex along the V4/V5 hexside. Same move, would...
  9. C

Concealment Loss caused by AFV ending turn in Location

Situation: AFV ends its Mph in same Location as a concealed enemy unit. Upon entry, concealed unit passed its PAATC and therefore retained concealment. Is concealment subsequently lost at end of Mph? A12.42 states concealment is lost "if the vehicle ends the Mph in the Location"; which seems...
  10. C

Desperation penalty and WA

A unit finds itself in a hex containing both a building and a stone wall. Unit is marked with a Wall Advantage counter. Unit fires a LATW without accepting the additional +2 drm on the To Hit roll from Case C3. Is unit subject to the C13.81 desperation penalty? For some reason I was thinking...
  11. C

Residual Firepower and DC placement

Squad assault moves into open ground entering Residual Firepower from a firelane and survives the attack. Squad then attempts to place a DC from same hex expending 2MF. Is squad then attacked again by the RFP? If so, once or twice? I said once, citing A8.2 "any unit entering (or expending MF/MP...
  12. C

C2.5 Conditional ROF and C2.3 360 Mount

Does conditional ROF apply to a Gun with a 360 mount? I wish it did, but don't believe so. Conditional ROF (C2.5) applies to "a non-vehicular NT Gun", but C2.3 says "a 360 mount is the non-vehicular equivalent of a turreted vehicle". C2.3 goes on to say a 360 mount Gun is treated as Turreted for...
  13. C

D7.21 CC Reaction Fire

D7.21 "After completing its attack, that DEFENDER and all its possessed SW (including those inherent) and Guns are marked with a CC counter, if the vehicle has survived, to prohibit non-CC Reaction Fire attacks, and also with a First or Final Fire counter as appropriate for that attack". My...
  14. C

A23.6 Thrown DC by Wily but Desperate Commissar

My good order, unpinned Commissar bearing a DC finds itself ADJACENT to an enemy unit. Another enemy unit moves into same ADJACENT hex. Following A23.6 Commissar can throw the DC as Defensive First Fire (A8.1) thereby attacking the enemy unit that just moved. "But I want to attack them BOTH for...
  15. C

B10.1 Woods terrain crossing a level 1 hill and ground hexside - level 1 or 2 obstacle?

B10.1 "Other terrain (e.g. woods) is at the higher level throughout the entire depiction of the terrain in question, even if it appears to be rising from the lower level portion of the hill hex". Is a woods terrain crossing along the hexside of level 1 hill hex and a ground level hex a level 1...