Search results

1. Martin Mayers

Happy Christmas Everybody....

Christmas at the Pound Shop
  2. Martin Mayers

Bounding First Fire 2018 - Blackpool.

This is possibly the final update prior to the tournament. Copying it here as well as other places just to ensure I've caught as many people as I possibly can. Again, I urge anyone interested to pick up the website as it's now fully developed with bits and bobs being added all the time...
  3. Martin Mayers

God I'm so confused - Printing boards from VASL....

I know there are other threads on this subject but they aren't making any sense. I think the question I mean to ask is what size zoom the VASL board needs to be at, prior to being saved as a PNG file, to match a standard ASL hex size? Thanks in advance. If anyone had any REALLY straightforward...
  4. Martin Mayers

Bounding First Fire 2018.....

Hey guys. We're about three weeks from this event. Suffice to say that I, along with my good friend Simon Stanihope, have done the best I think that could conceivably be expected of us, to revive a very much flagging 'main UK tournament' which has seen numbers drop from in the 60s-100s to as...
  5. Martin Mayers

Bounding Fire Blackpool (November 2018 - UK) - Tournament Update....

Hi everyone. Thanks to all those already signed up and paid. Much appreciated. An update General Stuff Nigella Blair has asked me to let everyone know that he will be arriving at around 3-3.30pm on the Wednesday 21st so if anyone fancies matching up for a game can they contact him on...
  6. Martin Mayers

Bounding (First) Fire Blackpool - November 2018

A copy of the circular I've just sent out. If there is anyone on here whom wishes adding to the contacts list, please message me your email address and I shall make it so... Hi everyone. I hope you are all well and will forgive me for the delay in my follow up email. It's been a busy time...
  7. Martin Mayers

Bounding (First) Fire Blackpool - November 2018

A copy of the circular I've just sent out. If there is anyone on here whom wishes adding to the contacts list, please message me your email address and I shall make it so... Hi everyone. I hope you are all well and will forgive me for the delay in my follow up email. It's been a busy time...
  8. Martin Mayers

My band's new single - Has unique ASL content *

Released properly 6th August but because I like you all you can have it early..... *there is absolutely no ASL content in this post.
  9. Martin Mayers

My band's new single....very political. Very in tune with current events.....enjoy

Released properly 6th August but because I like you all you can have it early.....
  10. Martin Mayers

Vietnam....

What's the take amongst you folk on Vietnam. Just watching Ken Burns most excellent documentary.
  11. Martin Mayers

Canister.....

If the three target hexes were populated by enemies, and the Canister round was successful, and one of those hexes was boresighted, does that hex pick up the -2 resolved with the same DR for effect ???
  12. Martin Mayers

Tournament Format.....

Agonising over this.... So. In terms of formatting of tournaments (specifically Bounding First Fire Blackpool, later this year in November).... If 32 enter the main tournament (optimistic given that this is the first running of this tournament....although I am hopeful that we may achieve this...
  13. Martin Mayers

Reinforcement entry......

I'm sure I should know the answer to this but I can't get my head straight. If a unit may enter on board 1.....can it enter on a half hex of board 1 (eg A0/A10) if it abutts another board which it may not enter on. My heart says it may (because it's entering on A10), but my head says no due to...
  14. Martin Mayers

Bounding First Fire Blackpool 2018 - UPDATE:

Thank you to everyone that has already notified me of their intention to attend (and also to those who have responded otherwise). And thank you also to those who have already begun to make early payment, taking advantage of the early bird offer. To remind you, the Paypal address for early bird...
  15. Martin Mayers

Bounding First Fire Blackpool Update - 22nd to 25th November 2018.

Tournament Update OK. And we have lift off. The prizes are in, the hotel is booked, the scenarios are being worked on. All we now need are the players. We had to ultimately make a choice between two dates, and the overwhelming majority suggested this to be the preference. Huge apologies...
  16. Martin Mayers

Bounding First Fire Blackpool Update - 22nd to 25th November 2018.

Tournament Update OK. And we have lift off. The prizes are in, the hotel is booked, the scenarios are being worked on. All we now need are the players. We had to ultimately make a choice between two dates, and the overwhelming majority suggested this to be the preference. Huge apologies to...
  17. Martin Mayers

New UK Tournament (Replacing Intensive Fire) - November 2018.....

What? A new UK 'tournament'. Well, not so much new, more a replacement for Intensive Fire, sadly now no longer with us. When? We have two options. 22nd November-25th November, or 29th November-2nd December. Where? The Headlands Hotel in sunny Blackpool. Fantastic food. Fantastic staff. Secure...
  18. Martin Mayers

New UK Tournament - Bounding (First) Fire Blackpool, 2018

What? A new UK 'tournament'. Well, not so much new, more a replacement for Intensive Fire, sadly now no longer with us. When? We have two options. 22nd November-25th November, or 29th November-2nd December. Where? The Headlands Hotel in sunny Blackpool. Fantastic food. Fantastic staff. Secure...
  19. Martin Mayers

Tournament Likes / Tournament Hates....

Open format guys. If someone was to produce a blue print for a tournament what would you LOVE to see and what would you/do you despise ? Just post whatever you see fit. Looking like running my first tournament later this year. I have some ideas which are wonderful in my head. Wondering what...
  20. Martin Mayers

Thoughts/Ideas on Tournament Format....

What are peoples thoughts on preferred structures for tournaments? Straight knock out (random draw) ? Straight knock out (seeded) ? Individual league structure (matches within randomly drawn/structured) ? Multiple mini-leagues (seeded/unseeded?) to semi final then final ? Any other ideas ?