Search results

1. Yuri0352

TPBF vs Bayonet Charge

This came up during yesterday's playing of First Bayonet Charge from the Korea module. I conducted a bayonet charge consisting of a 5-5-7 squad and a 9-1 leader, across an open ground hex and into another open ground hex containing a 4-4-7 squad with a LMG. My intention was to enter the enemy...
  2. Yuri0352

74th anniversary of the Tarawa Assault

In remembrance of today's 74th anniversary of the assault landings on Betio island and the thousands of American, Japanese and Korean lives which were lost in that horrific 3 day battle, I would be interested in hearing the thoughts of the other 'arm chair historians' regarding this battle...
  3. Yuri0352

Stuka Attack vs Fortified Building

Attention RB/VotG aficionados, you could be a big help with answers and suggestions regarding my question. I'm about to start a playing of BFP-96, Hotly Contested Town, and I am planning on making a Stuka point attack upon units in a fortified stone building (+4 TEM). If I'm reading the rules...
  4. Yuri0352

The ASL Book Club

Hello everybody! I decided to resurrect this thread in a non-gameplay, ASL sub-forum primarily because I miss hearing about the books which everyone has been reading lately. I was also motivated by the arrival in my mailbox today of 'After the Battle' #176, which includes a fascinating and...
  5. Yuri0352

Ruweisat Ridge II Italian Setup Question

I am preparing to set up the Italian forces in scenario RR#2, 'The Australian Try'. Regarding the Italian OB, specifically the AT gun units which are required to "set up in Level 1 or higher hexes on/west of bestow MM": 2-2-7 x2 7-0 leader x 2 47/32 AT gun x1 Here's my question: Should this...
  6. Yuri0352

LCP ASL For Fun LOS Question (Java 11 Driver Advance!)

I'm playing Java 11, 'Driver Advance!', and I have a question regarding LOS across the elevated road in the center of the board. The East and West hexsides of most of this road contain slope markings (EX.: M14). I do not have copies of the LCP slope rules referenced in the SSR's ( Q3)...
  7. Yuri0352

Arab-Israeli ASL

To commemorate today's 50th anniversary of the start of the Six Day War, I would like to open a discussion of the various Arab-Israeli conflicts as viewed in the context of ASL. My personal ASL experience in this conflict has been limited to the old, original CH module of the 1948 war. I...
  8. Yuri0352

Rees HASL CG Initial Scenario Setup Confusion

I'm preparing to play the CG as the Scottish, and I'm unclear as to the 45 CPP assigned to the 'elements of 1st Gordons Highlanders' who are entering on turn 1. Specifically, most of the units on the British RG chart are listed as being unavailable for purchase on the 24 AM scenario date. What...
  9. Yuri0352

Ruweisat Ridge Map Update?

Hello all! I am preparing to play Ruweisat Ridge, and last night I downloaded the map from the VASL website. After doing so, I noticed that the (very attractve) VASL map is rated '2000' and does not include the oil pipeline art work which is included in my second edition paper RR map. My...
  10. Yuri0352

Grain LOS - Gun vs. AFV

As many years as I've been playing, I am kind of embarrassed to ask about this, but the 'hedge LOS ' thread got me to thinking. I'm playing the CoS scenario Burning Down the House (Kursk). A 45L AT gun is shooting at a same level PZ III 12 hexes away. There are 5 grain hexes between these...
  11. Yuri0352

DTO Vehicle Dust

This question came up in our DTO scenario this past weekend. Here's the situation. EC are Very Dry, Moderate Dust is in effect, and there is a mild breeze blowing in a northeasterly direction. A Panzer III is moving in a northeasterly direction at 1 MP per hex, and occasionally at 2 MP in...
  12. Yuri0352

Line In The Sand CG Question

We are playing the Line in the Sand CG from Journal 5, and I am looking for clarification regarding possible errata within the Operational Force Pool Tables on page 4. On British Table A, Draw #5, the choice is listed as 'Stuart II'. Since there are no Stuart II counters in WOA, should this be...