Search results

1. stuh42asl

The end of the ASLverse?

This is how I hope to end my days : Will future human or alien archaeologists unearth a buried man-cave with an unfinished game of "The Last Bid" set up and the mummified remains of the two opponents still clutching their Battle School precision dice? BTW good post.............remember to...
  2. stuh42asl

AAR - The Playing Field - RO6

Always a way to win..........OBA is like a guess or gosh thing............dont rely on it
  3. stuh42asl

AAR - The Playing Field - RO6

That was an awesome AAR...........very funny and entertaining, sounds like both of you had a good time.
  4. stuh42asl

Red Factories miscellaneous stuff

Just glad I got my copy of Red October from Chris......along with my old copy of Red barricades I can get down to some counter crunching. A big thumds up to Chris at Battleschool 👍
  5. stuh42asl

In praise of Battle School's Battle Dice!!!

Hi Chris, do you have a copy of the new Red October HASL??? Shane
  6. stuh42asl

Grognard Simulations

Perry: Like you said GD went willy nilly into the lines. right into minefields wire etc. In the encyclopedia(Huge Kursk book) I have they did not appreciate a lot of things, just like in the northern sector. The Russian dedicated Anti-tank teams, the engineers that were trained to build...
  7. stuh42asl

Grognard Simulations

I honestly think that had they seconded the 10th Panzer Brigade along with extra maintenance and recovery units to assist the Panthers then that would have smashed the Russians in their sector. The terrain would have been more favorable to the Panthers and with the Tigers a breach would have...
  8. stuh42asl

Grognard Simulations

Yes I totally agree on your points. I honestly think from a command point the German High command should have never tried the attack. After the cancellation the first time they should have stablized the front line to prepare for the Russian summer offensive. They would have performed a lot...
  9. stuh42asl

Grognard Simulations

The 4th is the tough part for Gross Deustchland.........they have to take several towns without the panzer regiments...............The leadership were idiots to not just launch on the 4th. All the attacks did was to get the russians on the roll. The russian command now knew the timeline, where...
  10. stuh42asl

Grognard Simulations

Hi Perry Well almost done Russian setup...............sheesh the map alone is almost 5 feet wide by what looks like almost 7 feet long. With five guards regiments in the first defensive line and a 6th plus 2 tank brigades for counterattacks the first line is scary, and good luck trying to get...
  11. stuh42asl

Grognard Simulations

Almost done GD............then 3rd and 11th Panzer divs..... then I can start that sector...........hmm we need someone the do the 3rd Panzer Corp and KG Raus and then we could say that the campaign is done :)
  12. stuh42asl

Grognard Simulations

The Panthers were a disaster..................fires damaged more than anything else. Their engines overheated to easily as their cooling systems were ineffective. And the overly complex transmissions and final drives caused a lot of major headaches. I have seen many pictures of panthers with...
  13. stuh42asl

Grognard Simulations

I have shaken my head..........GD had a huge Pz Brigade, plus Tigers. They did not have rivers to cross, or any major obstacles to contend with so GD along with 3 Panzer Corps are the problems. 3 Panzer Corp had 45 functional tigers yet split them up( major major error there, ) A second error...
  14. stuh42asl

Grognard Simulations

Another point is the 501 schwere panzer abtilung.................it was sent to North Africa........only to be destroyed there. Why in the world would a nation send their best equipment to a sand pit?????? Could not figure that one out.
  15. stuh42asl

Grognard Simulations

Good so far. Just finished clipping and sorting Gross Deutschland, now on the Russian divisions, then finish 11 and 3rd panzer divisions plus the russians soon. Wow GD is huge. I have come up with a reason why they did not do so well. They should have attacked all out on the night of the 4th...
  16. stuh42asl

The best tabletop wargames ever!

Grognard Simulations Death Ride Kursk Series
  17. stuh42asl

Grognard Simulations

Hi Perry How is your Death Ride Kursk hunting going?
  18. stuh42asl

Oregon Laminations All Metal 2.5 mm Corner Cutter

Well I should send you my collection of Death Ride Kursk.....it has only 25000 little counters.... :)
  19. stuh42asl

52 plus square feet ASL gameboards!

Well currently playing the first scenario "Butovo" for the Gross Deutschland portion of Death Ride Kursk. So far one the last two modules are finished and delivered, the map size is about 60- 70 square feet, and the grand total for counters is over 25000. So the uber maps are impractical for...
  20. stuh42asl

Oh, what a Wonderful Game........

I would blame the Tiger crew.................. maybe the teflon Lieutenant standing in the open with a AT weapon made the crew wet their pants............. then thru sheer embarrassment they blew themselves up :)