Search results

1. Major Issues

AAR - Killer Kloskowski - DB117

"Invade Russia!", he sez. "It will be fun!", he sez. "You'll be home by Christmas!", he sez. Some people just don't learn from the past. Killer Kloskowski is a February 1943 scenario. I took time out from my training as a cage match fighter to play this against Walt Harrar. He had the...
  2. Major Issues

AAR - Shock At Kamenewo - DB065

Played this at WO with Cliff Welsh. German column of tanks, HTs and motorcycles gets shot up by HIP KV-1s and T-34s, then swarms of Soviet infantry come in, some on motorcycles. Soviets win if they have a squad or tank cross the bridge, and have more CVPs. There are 2 88s, 2 105 ARTs, and...
  3. Major Issues

AAR - Defenders Of Stalingrad - RO3

Played this against Jim Thompson. He had the Soviets. Germans have to hold on to at least one hex of the Martin Guitar factory. Some Soviets start in it, others come at it from two sides. The Germans have some good stuff to defend with, including a HMG, 838s, a 9-2, and a FT. Like Saint Thomas...
  4. Major Issues

AAR - Amerikanskaya Suka - FrF98

This was the featured scenario at Paul's Ferocity Fest in NJ. He has a post on this. There were 12 players. The kewl thing was the score sheet that he had, where you got points for doing things and for various events, liking doing an overrun, repairing a MA, going into Motion, and winning an...
  5. Major Issues

AAR - The Playing Field - RO6

Played The Playing Field against John Haughey. He had the Soviets. Lots of elite guys. The 120 mm OBA and the FT he had scared me, so I had nothing but dummies in the S38 factory, and did kind of a reverse slope defense in the O36 (Projectile Vomiting) factory. I was limited as to how many...
  6. Major Issues

We Need A New Counter - Hungarian Rockets!!!

http://ftr.wot-news.com/2014/04/02/hungarian-toldi-ii-lt-with-44m-buzoganyveto-anti-tank-rocket-launcher/
  7. Major Issues

AAR - Per L'Onore Di Roma - Q6

Played Per L'Onore Di Roma against Xenovin. (Not his real name. This is an alias he uses, as he is wanted by the Feds for mail fraud and drug distribution charges. But please don't tell anyone.) He picked this because, "It was on top of the pile." My Italian is a little rusty, but I'm pretty...
  8. Major Issues

AAR - Per L'Onore Di Roma - Q6

Played Per L'Onore Di Roma against Xenovin. (Not his real name. This is an alias he uses, as he is wanted by the Feds for mail fraud and drug distribution charges. But please don't tell anyone.) He picked this because, "It was on top of the pile." My Italian is a little rusty, but I'm pretty...
  9. Major Issues

AAR - Operation Nordwind - CH44A

Played this against Xenovin. I had never played this, so I blew the dust off of it. He had the updated 44A version, which I did not have. The 44A version replaces an American 8-0 with an 8-1. This is how we played it. Germany, New Year's Day, 1945. All Is Quiet On New Year's Day? No. SS with a...
  10. Major Issues

Can you ever be TOO hull down???

Thanks to Patch for this one.
  11. Major Issues

Should TH and TK rolls be in slow motion???

Thanks to Patch for this.
  12. Major Issues

AAR - Corps Value - WO32

Played Corpse Value against Walt Harrar. He was the North Koreans, aka The Seoul Brothers. I had the USMC, who have to live up to the fine example of Chesty Puller, who I believe was a stripper in Daegu. Marines storm a village to take names and kick ass, not necessarily in that order. They...
  13. Major Issues

AAR - Dropping Like Flies - DB011

Played Dropping Like Flies against Walt Harrar. He wanted to be the Americans. Japanese with lots of fortifications, pillboxes, and dug-in tanks are defending an urban area. It was nice to play the Japanese on something other than jungle boards. And, like I always say, "Orange is the new...
  14. Major Issues

Perry Sez: Red Factories, RO6, The Playing Field

Major Issues Sez: Correct. Ignore that. Thanks. ....Perry
  15. Major Issues

AAR - The Gateway - DB100

Played “ASL - The Gateway Drug” against Walt. He wanted the Germans. Americans are defending a village with 1st and 2nd line squads, two 57Ls, and some wire and mines. Germans have a mix of 548s and 447s plus two 838s with a FT and 2 DCs. They have 3 StuGs and a Flamm Hetzer for armor support...
  16. Major Issues

AAR - PanzersTo The Rescue - KE4

Walt and I blew the dust off an old one, Kinetic Energy’s Panzers To The Rescue. He took the Russians. Unusual situation – SS start out with one immobilized PzKw IV and a column of wagons carrying SS and two 75L AT guns. Walt disparaged the vaunted SS, because they were using Bessie and Old...
  17. Major Issues

AAR - Out Of Their Element - FrF74

First scenario, and the most fun, that I played at WO was Out Of Their Element. Played against Ray Woloszyn. We always have fun games, and this did not disappoint. I had the Germans. I have a bunch of 548 squads and two Monster SiGs. I get two kick-ass 838s with a DC and FT as...
  18. Major Issues

AAR - When I Call Roll - AP101

Another WO AAR. I had played this a while back as the Americans, and won. I thought I could do a better job as the defending Germans. Because I'm an egotistical SOB. This was on both Jim Mehl's and my lists as one to play. He took the Americans. My 50L set up at the water's edge in a pillbox...
  19. Major Issues

AAR - Bertoldo The Brave - HF2

Played Bertoldo The Brave against JR. You may be familiar with him thru his Caesar avatar: This is one of the Hatten scenarios. I had the Americans. I decided not to set up the M18s on board, but to hold them back until I had an opportunity to swoop in and take out a Panther or SPW 251/21. I...
  20. Major Issues

AAR - Ma Deuce Delivers - WO31

Played this at WO against John Meyers. He had the Germans, I had the Americans. Americans have a small infantry force with a MMG, a 9-2 and two M51 meatchoppers. They get 4 M10s as reinforcements. The Germans have a lot of infantry, and get three King Tigers as reinforcements. VC are to...