Search results

1. General Mayhem

How to change a vasl map name/id?

Some maps that were available in the past on the original Vasl site and on the CH site seem to have been lost in the passage of time.
  2. General Mayhem

Was not aware of these maps - where can you get them from?
  3. General Mayhem

Not sure which maps you are referring to the only DBPh map I am aware of is a single map and does not conflict with other maps. However in an attempt to answer your question: A vasl map file is in fact a zip file with the .zip extension deleted. Inside the zip file are some files one of which...
  4. General Mayhem

Hill 192 VASL Map

It can be time consuming. I used to work from scans of maps and converted them to Vasl terrain colours by hand drawing them, that was time consuming. Now when I can I get hold of original CH artwork from Ray Tapio and then it doesn't take that much time to create a Vasl map. I always request...
  5. General Mayhem

Hill 192 VASL Map

Not yet
  6. General Mayhem

Rout Destination

Hadn't spotted him. I still reckon that you take account of the legality of the route when determining the nearest rout destination. It does seem to me that there is some selective rule picking going on here. Why is the "moving closer to a KEU" taken into account when picking the rout...
  7. General Mayhem

Rout Destination

Look at the Comprehensive rout example for the German units in J6. It states that the only valid rout destinations for these units are L9 and M9 (both 5 MF away). If you did not take into account illegal rout paths when determining the nearest rout destination then M8 would be the destination...
  8. General Mayhem

Rout Destination

I think that because of this from A10.51: "A routing unit may never move ADJACENT to a Known enemy unit, unless in doing so it is leaving that enemy unit’s Location." In the Q and A the move adjacent to the enemy unit is not an illegal move so therefore it is a valid inital rout destination...
  9. General Mayhem

Rout Destination

I think because the specific situation by rule calls for the unit to rout to an Adjacent hex first, but not sure on that. However I do feel that if the interpretation of making the rout target independent of legality of target/path then it calls into question quite a bit of the Comprehensive...
  10. General Mayhem

Fire Lane Residual Fire power and concealed units

Unfortunately they are not. I am inclined to think assault moves one at a time into the firelane is my best option. I only have 5 units to cross the road and its going to be 4-1 for an assault move into open ground and 4-2 for non assault move. If I survive I keep concealment and can advance to...
  11. General Mayhem

Rout Destination

But that is specific to the situation where the routing unit is in the same hex as an enemy unit is it not?
  12. General Mayhem

Rout Destination

I may be wrong but wouldn't routing to P5 entail closing at some point on KEU in K8 so therefore P5 is not a valid rout destination. I believe that the only valid rout destinations are N0 and P1 both 5 hexes away, but only if NQ is in effect.
  13. General Mayhem

Lost Units

If your opponent unconcealed your units and then re concealed them they would in effect then be owned by him. If you unconceal them and then conceal them again you would own them and they should appear OK to you and as a concealed stack to your opponent.
  14. General Mayhem

In the scenario I am playing it is Extreme winter with deep snow and falling snow and I have several concealed Russian squads winter camo and a road to cross which is covered by a German HMG. I was hoping the camo would help with assault moves onto the road, but seems no such luck, I will have...
  15. General Mayhem

Thanks to both for quick replies - A8.224 is pretty definitive on the matter.
  16. General Mayhem

Two questions: 1. Is the amount of residual firepower left by a Fire lane halved if the attack that initiates it is vs a concealed unit? I think maybe No. 2. If a concealed unit enters fire lane residual is the attack halved? I think maybe Yes. Confirmation or otherwise would be appreciated.
  17. General Mayhem

Vasl map for CH Kaunas Offensive – Operation Bagration '44 available

I do have the time to play and up until about 6 months ago I was playing 3 regular opponents by Vasl email and Vasl live with 5 or 6 games on the go at a time, but then for some reason I started lacking the enthusiasm to play (I also got heavily into playing GTA V on line on the PS4). I keep in...
  18. General Mayhem

Ray Tapio has given permission for the Vasl map for CH Kaunas Offensive – Operation Bagration '44 to be made available. A Zip file can be downloaded from: http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=7kzb699hvtsvk Once downloaded unzip and place the bd file in your boards folder. Thanks to Rob...
  19. General Mayhem

Ray Tapio has given permission for the Vasl map for CH Kaunas Offensive – Operation Bagration '44 to be made available. A Zip file can be downloaded from: http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=7kzb699hvtsvk Once downloaded unzip and place the bd file in your boards folder. Thanks to Rob...