Search results

1. Stewart

Any way to clear HIP from an old VASL file?

What's the issue in creating another Vasl Game? What's in the file that you need? HIP stuff will not have an effect. You can't move it, nor un HIP it. Its like dirt under the rug.
  2. Stewart

Can a DC Hero Drop a DC?

CODE of BUSHIDO.... Dishonorable to drop it.
  3. Stewart

Rout Destination

Compare the 2 rule passages in terms of FOCUS.
  4. Stewart

Rout Destination

Consistency is your answer, Why do you roll on the 4 column with a 467 with no ill affecting mods, etc.? Because it has 4 FP by rule/definition. Determination of Rout destination is the CORE of setting up a strategy to assault/retreat/etc. Getting the CORE rule misinterpreted is fundamental to...
  5. Stewart

Rout Destination

Not if the 4MF destination is "as the crow flies" (N4, O5, P5)
  6. Stewart

Rout Destination

It doesn't have to be Legally reached, just that the routing unit routs to/towards it. You can take >1 RtPh to get there. That's my point. Paths through hexes adjacent to KEU are counted in the MF or not? since the Routing unit CANT go there anyway at the outset of its RtPh.
  7. Stewart

Rout Destination

INCREDIBLE! I'm ecstatic to see the responses and discussion on the Rout of the M4 unit. It seems a house divided on the destination. With this pic (no MMG guy on the bottom) Some say we take the closest in MF into account FIRST, before applying the restrictions. (SK rules seems to do this...
  8. Stewart

Rout Destination

Correct, but the stipulations in determination of rout location is still met at the time of rout. You could say, the enemy building adjacent to you is your rout destination as its the closest building
  9. Stewart

Rout Destination

Funny thing though, in simplifying the rule, SK seems to read quite differently. It lists the stipulations AFTER stating selecting a location that is within 6MF... Read it from that perspective, it kinda boggles my mind as the read is completely reversed. But I agree, the stipulations MUST be...
  10. Stewart

Rout Destination

I can see the confusion. Take this example. K5 in the pic is a BUILDING (not orchard) MMG unit doesn't exist. Does K5 become your destination hex due to the Closest in MF? as you are ignoring the rout restrictions. You are saying closest first and then on your way, you have restrictions VS the...
  11. Stewart

Rout Destination

IS P5/K2 considered to be in 4MF away? Why or why not?
  12. Stewart

Rout Destination

THINK TANK Come Alive Where is the Rout Destination and WHY? Where can he NOT rout to and WHY?
  13. Stewart

Looking for some Hot Man-on-Man action

Is it that he doesn't want to use skype but maybe Discord? ASL on the keyboard is rough..
  14. Stewart

Which rule do you want to change?

12.42 BYPASS: A vehicle entering a concealed enemy's Location using Bypass may not attempt an OVR as part of that entry or even be informed of any hidden unit(s) therein. Concealed unit(s) in the Location are revealed due to the vehicle's presence only voluntarily, or if the...
  15. Stewart

When to roll for TC when immune to TC?

I recall a discussion mandating the TC DR when a hero, etc... is immune to the effects of the TC. Does anyone recall this and it can activate a Sniper ?
  16. Stewart

Looking for VASL Campaign Game of KGP-I or Operation Veritable CG-1

Maybe a SSR to allow SMOKE to be placed but have it only +2 instead of +3 for the first day only....just for balance.
  17. Stewart

In those 2 victories, was it ONLY the rain on Date 1 that caused the losses?
  18. Stewart

How much Xperience do you have playing either campaign
  19. Stewart

Newbie looking to learn ASL and PBEM

2 turns a week is a bit ambitious with only 2-3 mailers as the MPh can take quite a bit of time, unless you make concessions on who rolls what.
  20. Stewart

Newbie looking to learn ASL and PBEM

vasl IS FtF