Search results

1. D

What ASL Product Have You Bought Recently?

Well, I have finally cracked and ordered a copy of Armies of Oblivion - the only core module I do not own. It was a tough decision as I now only work a minimum wage job and the cost from Second Chance Games here in the UK was just over £150 (with postage - nearly a week's wage). Looking forward...
  2. D

Updated Finnish Generation Table

That would be great, thank you all for your work on this.
  3. D

An AAR of the French

Ben, I recall your sophisticated soirees when you had your flat in Liverpool. They were very refined affairs with fine dining and exquisite beverages – who could forget the liquorice vodka cocktail so lovingly prepared on your stove by your Finnish guest. Yes, there was some ASL played but I...
  4. D

PTO rookie needs Grabbing Gavutu scenario set up ideas?

Well I have run through the landing sequence a couple of times just to get the rules down. I have had two really swingy starts. In the first the little old Japanese INF gun with a ROF of 1 sunk the entire first landing wave of four LCs! On another the FBs rolled extremely well and took out...
  5. D

Thanks, I suspect the same - the caves and seaborne invasion are new to me so I am trying to get them down so I don't embarrass myself when playing FtF- once I am on the land I will feel more confident...
  6. D

Thanks JR for your considered reply. I have been practising my landings, and it will be no surprise to anyone who has played me, but I broke my only INF gun on the first shot! Thanks for the tip on conscripts as speed bumps - I was thinking of keeping them in the caves for easier rallying but I...
  7. D

Draft SASL SOP

Thanks - Kijug - strange how you can look at something so intensively and not see the obvious. I will check through the other document.
  8. D

A quick additional question - manning the caves and cave complex. Which units would you recommend, I have a lot of conscripts are they the best for cave duty?
  9. D

Hi everyone, after many years of ignoring the PTO I am finally getting around to it. Anyway I am trying out various setups as the Japanese in the scenario Grabbing Gavutu (149 from Rising Sun). I have read some AARs that show the Japanese INF gun can be very effective against the unarmoured LCV...
  10. D

Draft SASL SOP

Thanks for posting - can never have enough playaids...
  11. D

Draft SASL SOP

Please share - sounds good
  12. D

Draft SASL SOP

Here is version 1.0, I have referenced each statement to its rule reference. Additionally, I have made some amendments and additions. I think it is good to go - hope it is some use to someone...
  13. D

Draft SASL SOP

Okay, currently going through chapter S and noting rule reference number on the SoP - this should make it easier to check. Will post when done :)
  14. D

A Coy/Royal Canadian Regiment/1st Canadian Brigade SASL Campaign 10 Jul - 28 Dec 1943

Looks like there are a few of us dusting off our SASL stuff
  15. D

Draft SASL SOP

Too much time on my hands today - waiting for an appointment so I pulled out my laptop and put this together. The idea is it could sit to the side of the board and help with activating S! and First Fire - no really needed but I was bored...
  16. D

Fallschirmjaeger Along the Neva HSASL Campaign (Oct - Dec 1941)

Looks really interesting - please let me know when you have the final file sorted...
  17. D

Draft SASL SOP

Minor update based on feedback so far... still in draft though so use at own risk!
  18. D

Draft SASL SOP

Thanks for the interest everyone. Ahriman667, good suggestions I will amend... please keep comments coming everyone :)
  19. D

Draft SASL SOP

Been enjoying my SASL recently and discovered a handwritten SOP I wrote a while back. I have typed it up as it is and am posting it here for suggestions and improvements. Maybe it is something that would be useful for those of us who leave the game for a while and need a crib sheet when we...